lmar77 wrote:
Boom! Done! :-)

Love that all black. Nice!
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lmar77 wrote:
Boom! Done! :-)

Looks great except for the wires hanging on the extensions - what's up with that?

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i knew someone would call me out on that. reason is, the possibility of turning the shifters inwards, so i left them loose for now...
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [Borden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what mount is that behind the saddle holding the co2?

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
life is good when sitting on a beam!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [TheRealSpanky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRealSpanky wrote:
......in 18 months I bet this thread will be renamed: "Remember all those wankers who bought DIMONDs?"....
In May 2016 we'll know if Jesse Thomas still keeps winning WF and if Jordan Rapp has set a new IMAZ bike course record. The gall of some non-paying wankers.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So does the Dimond beam have any shock absorption to it like the Softrides did? or does it just look awesome?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks fantastic!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got this back from the paint shop.
Shared it on social media but figured it would be appreciated here.

--------------------------------------------------------
machines don't win races, muscles do.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [seiken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From Dimond's Director of Engineering in another thread: I saw quite a bit of discussion about saddle ‘suspension’ so I’d like to offer info here as well. We designed the top tube to be rigid. On a size medium frame there is 0.065mm of flex per kg on the saddle. For a 75kg person, the saddle would drop about 4-5mm if they put all of their weight on it. The sensation while riding feels quite smooth.

Quote | Reply
waitebe wrote:
From Dimond's Director of Engineering in another thread: I saw quite a bit of discussion about saddle ‘suspension’ so I’d like to offer info here as well. We designed the top tube to be rigid. On a size medium frame there is 0.065mm of flex per kg on the saddle. For a 75kg person, the saddle would drop about 4-5mm if they put all of their weight on it. The sensation while riding feels quite smooth.

What is the lowest saddle height you can get to on a size small from centre of bb to the top of the saddle with a 45mm 'stack" (by that I mean the distance from center of rail to top of saddle surface...most saddles seems to be 4-5 cm). I need this number to be 67.5 cm....I could get away with 68, but then it eliminates some saddles with higher stack.

thanks.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
look at my bike

71cm of saddle height. (my slr as 3.4mm stack)

i could 100% sure drop the seat post 5cm. (i think it can be drop more but i would have to ask the engineer about it to be sound...)

so 71- 5 +1.1 = 67.1cm for your saddle height. This dosnt include the beam deflection once your on the bike so most people ride a little higher saddles to adjust for this.

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This small Dimond has a 69.5cm seat height.

Quote | Reply
I think that number would change in the dynamic forces of riding and hitting bumps, I just don't know how to even come close to calculating it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
waitebe wrote:

What is the lowest saddle height you can get to on a size small from centre of bb to the top of the saddle with a 45mm 'stack" (by that I mean the distance from center of rail to top of saddle surface...most saddles seems to be 4-5 cm). I need this number to be 67.5 cm....I could get away with 68, but then it eliminates some saddles with higher stack.

thanks.

Dev

"You think they came in to get out of the rain? A guy don't walk on the lot lest he wants to buy."

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Finally put some finishing touches on it.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [EricLimkemann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, that's amazing. With a bike that beautiful I'd be afraid to actually race it and have some dork gouge it up when they rack their MTB next to it. Have you had your alarm system installed yet?
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. Alarm system installed, but the most interesting part was trying to convince the insurance company the value of the bike...

--------------------------------------------------------
machines don't win races, muscles do.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I think it may be time to sell the Shiv and pick up a Dimond. I keep drooling on my keyboard when I look at this thread.

Question for those running Di2. Where are you putting the battery and what battery are you using??
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [IronSnowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the bike shown it uses the cylindrical battery and it is double-sided-taped to the inside of the beam just behind the headttube. This seems to work out pretty well.

Last edited by: waitebe: Feb 4, 15 6:00
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [markreith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
markreith wrote:
Finally put some finishing touches on it.

That is exactly how I'm planning on building mine should I pull the trigger and finally get one. Just love the red. Beautiful!!
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. That is what I was thinking, but I wasn't sure.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [IronSnowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Battery and D-fly are in the beam. I could get the 5-port junction in there too if I get longer e-tube cables from the front shifters. For now, it's in the bento.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For you guys on the small frame, what is your pad reach (Horizontal distance from center of BB to center of middle of your aerobar pads) and what length stem are you using? I currently ride a 51cm P2 and trying to figure out if a small will fit me length wise.

Thanks,
Quote Reply

Prev Next