Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Merino wool sports bras
Quote | Reply
I ordered 2 from Ibex and they are game changers. No more post ride chill to the core. I love them.

A shopping PSA from me. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Merino wool sports bras [benderin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads up! I'm always looking for a good way to stay warm!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Merino wool sports bras [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today I wore wool yoga capris, wool bra and thin wool t shirt to yoga and sweated my ass off. I was regretting not bringing a dry shirt, but by the time I got home I was warm and dry. The newish merino stuff on the market is amazing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you think it would be enough support to run in? I'm a small A cup and can get away with just a basic compression bra. I would love something like this so I don't freeze after long winter races.
Quote Reply
Re: Merino wool sports bras [csikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I've been mountain biking and it's supportive enough. Smart wool and Icebreaker also have wool bras, but I haven't tried them yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Smartwool Phd seamless sports bra - it rides pretty high, but it's nice and supportive. Because it's double layer, it takes longer to dry than most merino stuff. Runs true to size.

I also have the Icebreaker Sprite bra, which runs a bit large and isn't really supportive enough for running. Nice for cycling, xc ski, hiking, whatever else though. I have the matching hot pants as well, but they annoy me a bit since the waistband is much tighter than the rest of the cut warrants.

I do have a pair of Ibex's Balance boy shorts (I'm actually wearing them right now - keeps my bum warm in the cold car on the way to work and I'll wear them under running pants when I get home) and the material is wonderful. I wouldn't hesitate to buy their Balance bra based on them.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I also have two Icebreaker Spirtes. The other awesome part of wool is it doesn't smell :-)
I would like to be sponsored by a wool clothing company.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Jan 26, 15 18:52
Quote Reply
Re: Merino wool sports bras [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reviews. I went ahead and ordered one of the SmartWool bras but may order an Ibex also. I can't believe I never thought to look for a merino wool sports bra.

I get the shakes so bad after races sometimes because my bra is too wet so hopefully this will help. I also tend to have some pretty serious funk especially from my bras so I'm also excited to possibly not stink so much. My husband is equally excited as he's the one who does the laundry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much for this thread and this knowledge! I have been freezing post-run and post-ride always. I'm buying the Smartwool version. I am a 36AA--big rib cage. I hope the small fits. I measure 34 inches at the widest point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OMG I so need this for skating! How about hiding the highbeams? I hate it when I'm all nips. AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might have to look into these...
Quote Reply
Re: Merino wool sports bras [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure about high beams AP. Mine is a double layer in front so things are pretty contained. You'll love the wool for skating and riding. I'm not sure there's enough running support for your lovely rack :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I need the super squish+hold when running... I'll have to check these out tho... thx AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Merino wool sports bras [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had no idea they even made such a thing! I'm excited, on these winter rides my girls get so freakin' cold. What kind of temps have you all worn them in and what were the results?
Quote Reply
Re: Merino wool sports bras [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The small fits me fine. I have to say, I'm disappointed with it, though. I did an outdoor track workout and when I was home and my bra was soaking wet, I still froze. I mean, the whole thing was really soaked, worse perhaps than my Shock Absorber bras. It was the not the miracle solution I was looking for. I had to change out of it right away.

The other disappointing thing was it does not provide coverage for me... you can still see... things. Two things. And I wasn't even cold.

It was also hard to put on. I read that these are easier to put on than other sports bras due to the stretch. Maybe my shoulders are too big? As I took it off I could hear it ripping a bit. But it's not too small because I don't have any back fat bulge.

I bought six of these and can still return the other five. I'll see how it goes on the next outdoor session.
Quote Reply