Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stylish but sensible dress shoes
Quote | Reply
I told Mrs. LT I would check this bastion of style and function for ideas.

We just spent a few days at a furniture show in Las Vegas, walking walking walking through millions of square feet of furniture manufacturers. Literally miles on our feet.

Mrs. LT still has a little flair. She hasn't graduated to pant suits with Reebok's yet. She's looking for some recs on stylish shoes that have some function and don't kill your feet. Something for those days when you have to walk miles but still look snappy.

Any suggestions?

Re: Stylish but sensible dress shoes [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I struggle with this too as I am in healthcare so always on my feet and walking miles around the hospital. I am not sure how many style points my shoes get, but they are better than most flats that I have worn and most definitely better than heels. In the spring and summer I often wear Sperry Topsider boat shoes, they have fairly good support and cushion.

I also have a pair of Merrell flats. http://www.merrell.com/.../Avesso?dimensions=0
There are lots of other styles as well.

I would love to hear what others recommend, I am always looking for comfortable dress shoes.

Emily Sherrard
@EmSher1
Powered by
Accelerate3 Coaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've found Fidji shoes to be the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, outside of running shoes. The ones with 1" or less heels are, for me, more comfortable than Merrells or Danskos and way more stylish. They're the only shoes I wear for work. Expensive, but last forever. They're hard to find in the U.S., though; Zappos used to carry them but it looks like they've stopped, although their outlet store still has some: http://www.6pm.com/fidji-shoes. Nordstrom's carries them and Amazon also has some. Sizing: I wear a 8.5-9 U.S., 39 in Dansko and usually a 39 in Fidji. 38.5 fits better, but they're hard to find.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm wearing these Danskos today.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a teacher, I am on my feet all day - and I LOVE my Dansko clogs. Great support, stylish. They are expensive, but they last forever. If you know your size, you can find them on the cheap online at Sierra trading post. With their coupons, I've never paid more than $45 for a pair.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cole Haan with Nike Air, worth every penny.
Quote Reply
Re: Stylish but sensible dress shoes [jockette21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Example please

Quote | Reply
Much to the horror of my kids, I still love Crocs or Sketchers "Go Walk" shoes. :) Clearly comfort is more important to me than fashion...according to my kids it is social suicide to wear either! Heehee
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://shop.nordstrom.com/sr/cole-haan-nike-air#keyword=cole%20haan%20nike%20air&type=keyword&category=s6000009&defaultsize3=&size=&width=&color=&price=&stores=&instoreavailability=false&lastfilter=searchcategory_6000009&sizeFinderId=0&resultsmode=&segmentId=0&keywordSortEngine=Default&page=1

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Stylish but sensible dress shoes [jockette21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jockette21 wrote:
Cole Haan with Nike Air, worth every penny.

+1!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love Miz Mooz. Cute, comfortable, and kind of retro.

I just bought a pair of Wolky Aya Mary Janes, and love them too. A lot of the Wolky brand are super granny looking, but the boots and a few shoes are cute.

Stylish is very subjective.
Quote Reply
Re: Stylish but sensible dress shoes [benderin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are different. Mrs. LT's tastes range from Carrie Bradshaw to cowgirl boots.

Re: Stylish but sensible dress shoes [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
I'm wearing these Danskos today.

+1 on the Dansko's. Most comfortable dress shoes I've ever owned. I have a pair of tooled clogs that I wear most days at work. They are on the expensive side, but totally worth it. Also, I have a standing desk and stand a fair amount of time during the day and they are very comfortable to do so in. Most of my other shoes I will kick off and do my standing stints barefoot.
Quote Reply