Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [IronSnowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do I get anything for facilitating this sale?
LOL
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am trying to clean up the front end of my Shiv.

I have DI2 with shifters both in brakes and extensions.

In an attempt to reduce the number of cables running from the base bar I have come up with this idea for set-up:
The idea is to connect the "old" 2-wire 67 "control junction A" with a 41 junction box inside the "handles" of each of the base bars.
Then the TT-shiftes in the base bars will be connected to the 2 x 41 junctions. This will reduce calbling to 2 x 1 cable running out of the end of the extension into the base bar and the 2 cables running from the 67 Junction A to the 2x 41 junctions.
The cables from the brake-shiftes to the TT-shifters will be "invisible" to the wind (behind the arm pad risers) leaving only 2 short cables from the base bar cable exit to the 67 Junction A (which might just fit into the "tower" behind the stem.

What do you think could this work - and does it make sense :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Columbus66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Columbus66 wrote:
I am trying to clean up the front end of my Shiv.

I have DI2 with shifters both in brakes and extensions.

In an attempt to reduce the number of cables running from the base bar I have come up with this idea for set-up:
The idea is to connect the "old" 2-wire 67 "control junction A" with a 41 junction box inside the "handles" of each of the base bars.
Then the TT-shiftes in the base bars will be connected to the 2 x 41 junctions. This will reduce calbling to 2 x 1 cable running out of the end of the extension into the base bar and the 2 cables running from the 67 Junction A to the 2x 41 junctions.
The cables from the brake-shiftes to the TT-shifters will be "invisible" to the wind (behind the arm pad risers) leaving only 2 short cables from the base bar cable exit to the 67 Junction A (which might just fit into the "tower" behind the stem.

What do you think could this work - and does it make sense :-)

I read this same sort of idea elsewhere. I think it will work except the Junction A behind the tower....its a tad tight....I"m tempted to drill the hole like Nick did through that part to run the cable straight.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had the same concerns after pulling one screw out so I had my seat tube cut so sits flush with the bottom of the seat post (inside).

If the screw pulls out I am still able to race. Depending on the length you have available on your seat tube you may want to look into that.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Socalaussie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Wife's New Shiv - 2015

Should there be a grommet or something in the hole the rear derailleur cable comes out of the chainstay because it is just loose in there...

Last edited by: gigabyte772: Feb 8, 15 8:27
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [gigabyte772] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gigabyte772 wrote:
How do you get the image to show here?

Here you go:

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i like that idea ... :D
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [NewbieTri100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone doing anything new and exciting for storage on this bike? I have the fuel cell and fuselage and would like something I can put on the top tube in the rear against the seat post
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has there been any testing or what is your best bet on the drag of a shiv with fuelcell, between the arms bottle, and fuelsellage, vs an IA with seat-tube bottle, between the arm bottle and behind the saddle flat kit or bottle?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
loutriguy wrote:
Anyone doing anything new and exciting for storage on this bike? I have the fuel cell and fuselage and would like something I can put on the top tube in the rear against the seat post.

Our US-made Speedpack 483 will mount anywhere on your shiv top tube with total security. You can put the pack just aft of your fuel bladder opening if you need to refill on-the-go. You can mount the pack over part of the bladder opening if you want the Speedpack to sit more forward. Or, you can mount it far aft, even against your seatpost if desired.

The pack will still be 100% secure there. With zero slipping or sliding. No other top tube pack can do this. Hope this info helps, but don't hesitate to email or pm or post again if you have more questions.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I did a few searches and maybe my vacation day at home with the toddler has cooked my brain, but I can't seem to figure this one out...

Aside from the groupset (105 vs. Ultegra, the crank, brake lever models), and the saddle, is there any real difference between the latest models of the Shiv Elite and the Expert? I'm assuming that the frameset is identical aside from the paint scheme to signal the version, but can't tell much/any difference between the models. Does the Expert come with more of the bits and pieces (fuel cell, etc) than the Elite? I can't rationalize an $800 difference in list price due to the differences in groupset, but maybe I'm not used to Specialized's pricing strategy.

Cheers,
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [SPBaldwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a Reynolds Element disc for super cheap, so will replace my current rear on my Shiv. The rim is 21MM. What would the fastest tire set up be? Run a 25 MM wide front 88 MM deep with a 21 MM wide tire. Any thoughts on that as well would be appreciated?
Last edited by: CJAC: Feb 23, 15 6:08
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CJAC wrote:
I just got a Reynolds Element disc for super cheap, so will replace my current rear on my Shiv. The rim is 21MM. What would the fastest tire set up be? Run a 25 MM wide front 88 MM deep with a 21 MM wide tire. Any thoughts on that as well would be appreciated?
Help?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the x-lab super wing on the back. I am not super excited with it. I have the two bottle carriers, one on each side. The setup with two carriers is great for training rides especially long ones out on the country roads. But, I don't think the two bottle setup is is great for aero and it is lots of weight. I will use the wing for training but might look for a different race setup.

I would love to see some pictures of how others have their Shiv's configured.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [1967ZAL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
regarding the Fuel Cell storage - has anyone cut out the rubber bottom of the upper rubber compartment to allow use of the entire Fuel Cell as one larger storage unit? It would seem this would allow for more effective use of the space, just not sure how this might affect the stiffness of the upper and allow it to come loose. I only want to put flat kit stuff in there as I use liquids for nutrition.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting... I never thought of that. I was going to not use the fuel cell for anything over Oly distance as it is tough to refill on the go.
Quote Reply
Stop od Delivery on Shiv ? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, wanted to buy a new bike but got informed that Specialized had sent a notice to dealers that the have discovered a problem on the shin and therefore my dealer can not sell any Shiv....

Can anybody confirm this, tell me where the problem is and when i should be able to get one anytime soon ?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Stop od Delivery on Shiv ? [ogni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read the Shiv Stop Sale thread. The problem was with the carbon aerobars. There's a fix that just sounds like a bolt replacement, but I didn't read too closely because I replaced my bars already.
Quote Reply
Re: Stop od Delivery on Shiv ? [ogni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ogni wrote:
Hi, wanted to buy a new bike but got informed that Specialized had sent a notice to dealers that the have discovered a problem on the shin and therefore my dealer can not sell any Shiv....

Can anybody confirm this, tell me where the problem is and when i should be able to get one anytime soon ?

Thanks
My dealer told me today he is not allowed to order them until further notice.

He told me a big delay with the recall is how to reimburse the dealers for the amount of labor that will go into fixing/replacing the aero bar problem.
Quote Reply
What hydration solutions do you like for sprint and oly distances? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Just got my shiv last week! I love it. I've read though this thread and still have a few questions. I plan to start with sprints and do olympic distances this year. What do you think is the best hyrdration combo? I think I'd need the equivalent of 2 watter bottles. I'm thinking of using the fuelselage. But whether I put a bottle in the rear or keep one bta I'm not sure. How do you feel about taking a water bottle from the rear and filling your fuelselage on the fly during the race? You find it too much trouble? Should I keep a plain water bottle between the arms or get like those torpedo bottle systems with the straw sticking out?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HoustonTri(er) wrote:
regarding the Fuel Cell storage - has anyone cut out the rubber bottom of the upper rubber compartment to allow use of the entire Fuel Cell as one larger storage unit? It would seem this would allow for more effective use of the space, just not sure how this might affect the stiffness of the upper and allow it to come loose. I only want to put flat kit stuff in there as I use liquids for nutrition.

That's actually a great idea! I usually have the top secured down anyway (clear tape, on the front & back. Actually doesn't interfere with usage at all) Did you try/cut it yet?

CC
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ChiroCowboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have done this. Super glued the top rubber piece in place so that it doesn't get caught on anything I may be pulling out while riding.
Quote Reply
Re: What hydration solutions do you like for sprint and oly distances? [SpecializedMok] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use one BTA. Regular bottle...not a torpedo with a straw sticking out. Above the Oly distance, I run an additional bottle behind my saddle. I don't have a problem reaching back and filling the fuselage, but I would rather not do that for a shorter distance like Oly. I go through the fuselage and then just some of the BTA for Oly. For Sprint, I would use Fuselage only.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [tdodge22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I think it’s only a matter of time before we start to see DIY/ home 3D printers making stuff very similar to the Fuel cell. Could almost see a online etsy store selling Cervelo, Felt etc type “fuel cells”. There are 22post on avg per page and over 100 on the official shiv page alone. I’m not gonna go back through them all and count but guessing some are post by the same person or same questions. The shiv page alone could almost crowd source the cost of 3D-printer and start making our own better/custom feel cell.
Quote Reply
Re: What hydration solutions do you like for sprint and oly distances? [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What did you use to mount your bottle bta?
Quote Reply

Prev Next