Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Jan. 12
Quote | Reply
How are you?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 12 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
This week: 4 runs & a daily little core/body weight thing I found on the internet. On the eating front - no snacking past 8pm & back to healthy dinners/bringing lunches to work.

Ummm - okay-ish I guess. Did three runs with my "long" run really sucking - couldn't keep my HR down & had to walk/cut it short. Thought it was a one off but this morning felt the same. Eating wasn't so great. Although getting more of the Christmas junk out of the house should keep it improving. The core/body weight workout was hard, but I've been doing it every other day.

This week: 4 runs (including todays abbreviated version), increase at least some of the core stuff to everyday, remind myself WHY I want to shed some pounds (and then stop eating like an a$$hole). The weather has taken a turn for the warm, so I'm looking forward to running outside for a few days. Curious to see if that makes it easier/harder/faster/slower than the treadmill.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: I'm in Toronto (Mississauga) for work so I'll be skating with the Toronto club tonight in Etobicoke. It's f*n freezing out here (-18degC as a HIGH today) so the rink will seem warm :-). I cannot run on the hotel treadmill (it's a POS), so that'll be it for me. I have a short track meet on Sat with K, should be fun.

Skating with the GTA club was very good, and the coach spent a lot of time giving feedback (more than I usually get with my club). Nice facility too. Meet on Sat was great although I was super tired from flying home and getting to bed late the night before. Not the best planning on my part. K got 4 PBs in her races (2 2nd places and 2 3rd places), I had 3 PBs - would have been 4 except I fell right at the end of my 500m (1 1st place, 2 2nd places). Moat excited about the PBs tho, I shaved some serious time off. They seem small but trust me, they are huge. I took 26 seconds off my 1000m time, K took 6sec off her 100m time (1 lap so hard to get up to speed). I finally saw a video of my skating, and needless to say, my position is NOT optimal! I have some serious work to do!!!

Ran Sun with my buddy - my dog Heidi - I'd missed running with her. Did a bunch of standing jumps, push-ups and dips on the benches along the way as an attempt to address my pathetically weak upper body. Heidi did not seem impressed. :-)

This week: Back at work and I have picked up a cold :-( I need to get over it as soon as possible - I have a predispostion for laryngitis (which is already here) - and I have provincial long track on SAt + Sun. :-( So: rest rest rest. Decide on Wed if I cam going or not. :-( Masters' Worlds is more important.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice work Andy!

Last week- runs- number was good, though distance a little short, one ride(outdoors) planned- cancelled due to rain. Went to my great-aunt's 100 b-day celebration instead of ride (she's the second relative that has turned 100 in my lifetime)

This week-
Monday- yoga @chiro's office
Tuesday- Track workout
Wed- run
Thurs- packet pickup and check out expo (Star Wars 1/2 marathon)
Fri- run
Sat- off
Sun- get up way too early to "run" Star Wars 1/2 at Disneyland...1st race I've done in my hometown, and I've lived here for over 30 years.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 12 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on the PRs!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still sick!! But the doctor referred me to an ENT which I Wednesday morning.

11.5 hours of sleeping over the weekend nights didn't really help.

Boo.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run x 6: WIN despite the weather doing its damndest
Swim x 4: WIN
Bike x 3: FAIL with 2. Went xc skiing on Sunday instead.
Core/strength x 4: WIN
Do not get injured or sick in this stupid weather: Eeh, call it a win.

Fell over while xc skiing Sunday, but luckily landed on the fattest part of my ass. Glute is sore but not bruised or anything stupid, and the tweak I gave my knee & groin while trying to get back up seems to be ok. Really enjoyed getting out on one of the only days suitable for human life we've had lately.

This week's goals:
Run x 4
Swim x 2
Core/strength x 2 (done)
Mobility/stretch x 2

Frosty Trail 3-hr on Saturday. Weather is supposed to be decent (which is a pleasant surprise given the utter crap it's been lately), and I'm really just going for a wander in the woods - conditions are so variable from year to year and I'm far too fat to do anything you could really call "racing" right now.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week was a pretty epic fail on the sleeping and eating front. Got a new video game for Christmas and my only time to play is after the kid goes to bed.
This week will include more sleep.

Goals:
Swim * 2 - bumping up my goal to 22 laps per practice, as I've been consistently hitting 20. Made it this morning, we'll see how Friday goes.
Run * 3 - I've been sort of getting these in with two runs during the week and a brick, but I really want three stand alone runs.
Bike * 3 putting in more sustained efforts getting ready for Tour of Sufferlandria.
Strength * 2 - last session of off season weights is done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I'm in Hawaii and am great but my training last week was dreadful. I ran x 3, one of which was once we got here and the heat kicked my ass. Both the other runs were interrupted by fire call outs so I was dashing out of the gym in just my singlet and shorts in -20c weather. Not to be recommended. No swimming - can't remember why but it just never worked out. 2 bike trainer sessions done.

This week: get over my fear of sharks eating me and swim in the ocean. We are also have bikes rented on Weds and Thurs so get some rides in. Eat and drink like an asshole (doing well on this so far)!

Hope all the womens who are sick/injured feel better soon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week: bike at least 50 miles nope was stressed w/ school and ran 7 days instead of a long weekend ride, swim at least 15k nope but 12k is not bad, day off from running nope, no food issues I did manage this and am proud of that!

M: 7 mi run + 4600 yd swim
T: 8 mi run + 2600 yd swim + 7 mi bike
W: 10.2 mi run (7 mi @ 7:30 pace)
T: 8 mi run + 3000 yd swim
F: 8 mi run + 2000 yd swim + 6 mi bike
S: 12 mi run
S: 7.5 mi run + 6 mi bike

totals: 12,200 yd swim + 19 mi bike + 60.2 mi run

goals for this week: bike at least 50 miles, swim at least 15k, day off from running and total mileage less than or equal to 50, no food issues

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Struggling to find motivation lately. Been away from the forum for a while. Surgery in 2013, switched to Aquabike last season and did pretty well, was/am excited about this season, just struggling to find the motivation to get the workouts done. Especially getting on the trainer. No coach at the moment. Thought reading up on some of fellow triathletes' weekly successes might help me find first gear! :-)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 12 [FyreHaar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I signed up for a race! Zot Trot in Irvine on 2/15. It was a bit sad. It's a pool swim with a time trial start, seeded by projected time for 500 yards. I put in 14 minutes, sigh.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 12 [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you get to swim? How was the bike riding?
Where exactly are you in Hawaii?
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 12 [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're on Maui, staying in Wailea.

I did get to swim; the first attempt resulted in being battered in the break and a lot of hyperventilating but I sat on the beach, regrouped and got back in. I managed to swim 6-10 strokes at a time before feeling like I needed to stick my head up and reset. I'm not the most confident of swimmers so the movement of the water/waves made me uncomfortable. Hoping we'll get back in again before we leave but OH got sick after our bike ride so he's probably not up to life guarding me just yet.

The bike ride we did was along the West. Maui Loop from lahaina to Lorraine's and back. The hills kicked my ass - I landed up walking a few. Really glad I didn't let the OH talk me into the Haleakala ascent!

Thanks for asking; are you Hawaii based?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 12 [FyreHaar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having done enough pool TT starts in my days, no one gets their seeding right.... you will be surrounded by people a lot slower than you and likely some too fast people. I think I've had ONE pool swim (race) that was actually well seeded (it was an olympic distance tri, you had to submit a 1500m race time - even if that 1500m was OW - and if no race time submitted, you were seeded last, oh and thank god it was a 50m pool!). Just try not to get clobbered, get really good at open turns on the walls, and be patient about passing (doing the passing or being passed). Those pool tris can be some of the most frustrating swims ever.

But good on ya for signing up - gotta have goals right? even the little goals count! Make sure you report back after.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 12 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I can't flip turn, so working on open turns will be easy! I've realized that having he annoying person in my masters lane who won't stick to the workout and is constantly passing (because she swims in the slowest lane because she can get away with ignoring the set [did I mention she's always 15-30 minutes late for an hour workout and never works into the set, just does her own random shit?]) in weird ways is probably great practice for this! I will report back, for sure, first tri since I was one month pregnant, so *does math in head* three and a half years!

(Did I mention this woman will pass beneath me doing dolphin kick with fins?)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Jan. 12 [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, not hawaii based but have traveled there a bit (mostly yearly trips to Kona for work.)
Good for you actually getting out into the surf. Lots of swimmers will pop head up every 3 strokes to see what's going on until they can get in some sort of rythm. sometimes it's just so rough that it's a lot of head up swimming.
As heard in the movie "finding Nemo" Just keep swimming...
It'll get better.
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply