Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$1000 treadmill
Quote | Reply
If you had a $1000 to spend on a treadmill, what would get and why?
Quote Reply
Re: $1000 treadmill [SpeedNeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I spent many hours (my wife thought WAY to many) reviewing treadmills this fall. I initially had a budget of around $1500, but found out that many of the treadmills in that range aren't all that reliable and often come with add-ons (mini fans, ipod plug in for poor speakers, etc) that really don't help you run.

I had first thought I may get a Sole F80, but eventually ended up with a True PS100 on Black Friday. With tax and delivery it cost almost twice my original budget, but the thing is a tank and has been awesome so far. It spins up and down super quick, so doing intervals is flawless. It comes with a warranty that nearly will nearly outlive me!

I'd strongly recommend extending your budget a bit. On the other hand, you could go with one of the lower price treadmills from the Icon brands of from Sole and hope things work out.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: $1000 treadmill [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could do $1500.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should check out the slowtwitch front page. They just wrote an article on this exact topic.
Quote Reply
Re: $1000 treadmill [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
I spent many hours (my wife thought WAY to many) reviewing treadmills this fall. I initially had a budget of around $1500, but found out that many of the treadmills in that range aren't all that reliable and often come with add-ons (mini fans, ipod plug in for poor speakers, etc) that really don't help you run.

I had first thought I may get a Sole F80, but eventually ended up with a True PS100 on Black Friday. With tax and delivery it cost almost twice my original budget, but the thing is a tank and has been awesome so far. It spins up and down super quick, so doing intervals is flawless. It comes with a warranty that nearly will nearly outlive me!

I'd strongly recommend extending your budget a bit. On the other hand, you could go with one of the lower price treadmills from the Icon brands of from Sole and hope things work out.

I would definitely disagree with the bolded part above. $1500 is probably the 'sweet spot' for bang for buck for serious runners (not walkers) in terms of home treadmills, and competition in that range is fierce. Almost anything you get in the $1500 price range will be excellent for run training, regardless of how good a runner you are.

$1000 TMs though do have smaller motors and overall tend to be aimed more at walkers, although I've honestly never seen a rash of runners burning them out.
Quote Reply
Re: $1000 treadmill [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read it. Doesn't answer my question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can do $1500,

Sole F80

It's like the one-size fitness all midrange TM that's been tried, tested, and proven by countless runners/triathletes, and is also widely available nearly everywhere. $1500 shipped on Amazon right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no idea of the cost on the used market.

But if I had to have a treadmill, the Woodway would be my choice.

http://www.woodway.com/fitness/curve.html

That must mean it costs a billion dollars.

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: $1000 treadmill [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gamebofh wrote:
I have no idea of the cost on the used market.

But if I had to have a treadmill, the Woodway would be my choice.

http://www.woodway.com/fitness/curve.html

That must mean it costs a billion dollars.

-Jot

Yet again, somehow a $10,000 (list range price) TM somehow makes its way into the thread of somebody asking about a $1000 TM....
Quote Reply
Re: $1000 treadmill [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
Yet again, somehow a $10,000 (list range price) TM somehow makes its way into the thread of somebody asking about a $1000 TM....

Fair enough. I've run on one and liked the fact that it was dependent on pace, not a motor. Checked on ebay real quickly to try to determine the cost and didn't see them.

No idea on what their secondary market cost is. Anyone buying them primary at 10k is foolish, like most exercise equipment.

-Jot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We bought a Sole F80 last February for $1,500 and have had no complaints. We bought it mainly for winter use when it's super nasty outside. We also did a lot of research before buying and settled on the $1,500 price point as it seemed enough to get a decent treadmill.

Only have a few comments I can really make on it. I think it's pretty quiet for a treadmill. My husband uses it in the mornings when I'm still asleep, and it doesn't wake me (and we live in a small 2 bedroom condo). It doesn't squeak or make any annoying noises when running on it. Only complaint I have about it is it does take a few seconds to get up to running speed when you start it up. I would buy it again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the front page article he mentions the Treadmill Reviews website. On the home screen they have the following 4 models as best buys and all are currently on sale for $1500 or less. This is just based on the price through that site....you may be able to find them even cheaper. The Sole gets a lot of attention on this forum but the commercial NordicTrack and ProForm caught my interest after reading the websites reviews.

Quote Reply
Re: $1000 treadmill [songmak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife ordered a proform 2000 through a local retailer for $1140.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sole f-80, preform 2000, or 7500 are all under $1,500 right now on sale. Buy online and save on taxes and all ship free.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Several years ago we purchased an "Ironman" Triad from Costco. It has been pretty bulletproof. Nice wide deck, larger motor, plenty of speed and incline.

Not sure what Costco has today, but they usually have solid products for a decent price.

drn92
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Bowlegs [ In reply to ]
Re: $1000 treadmill [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The gym at my university has two woodway curves and they are probably the worst things ever. Not once I have ever seen someone use it for more than a minute just trying it out. They feel very uncomfortable to run on and apparently are extremely expensive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just replaced a 10 year old treadmill that died with the Nordic track one noted above. Purchased it based on reviews. Took a while to get, but seems to work well. The only Downside so far is that it has lots of stuff I don't use. Not really a downside, just extra stuff that could break.
Quote Reply