Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2015 - What's Your Plan?
Quote | Reply
It's a new year!! What amazing and awesome things are you going to do this year? Any major goals?

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 - What's Your Plan? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll start :-)

2015 goals
--------
1: Find a job I love - there has to be more to life than what I'm doing today...
2: World's masters winter games in 30 days - have fun and enjoy the experience
3: Get back to run racing - a 5k, 8k or 10k - no matter how far away I am from a PB :-)
4: Do more hiking this summer, and go camping at least once
5: Paint the house and rebuild the deck
6: Finish my Master Black Belt

I'm sure there's more but those are some key ones for the year.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I figure I better make these public instead of private - maybe have some accountability if I write them down!

1. Get fit and lose the baby weight. I've got 30 lbs to lose - and it is so hard when I am still nursing - low supply and I can't restrict much and still feed the baby. SO, the hubby and I decided to get fit instead (and hopefully the weight will come off nice and slow) and got a treadmill for Christmas. Should be here next week some time. We've got a beach vacation planned in June, want to be bikini ready! In the past - once baby is weaned, then the weight will come off, but the beach vaca will arrive and the baby may still be nursing.
2. Run a stand alone 1/2 marathon. Done plenty of 1/2 & full Ironmans, but never stand alone 1/2 or full marathon. It's about time.
3. Be on time. I'm pretty good with this - but getting 3 kids 5 & under out the door is near on impossible.
4. Most important one - be a great mom and wife. Be happy - makes for a better mom (and wife)!!
5. Move. Family of 5 in an 850 sq.ft 2 bedroom condo is a bit tight. Want to be out of here by the end of summer - but that is highly dependent on the sale of 3 different condos. Keeping our fingers crossed!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 - What's Your Plan? [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, where are you going to fit a treadmill? :-) Happy thoughts re: moving too.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have had the tape measure out many times trying to figure it out! Let's just say our condo is PACKED. 3 kids worth of toys all over too. There is always clutter! But, it is a fold up model - so although it will still take up a lot of space, most of the time it will be up - we will have to keep the living area clean so we can put it down to use!!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Stay uninjured - last year I sprained my knee skiing steeps in January and then sprained my ankle playing tennis in July.
2. Complete Calgary 70.3 AND not be bleeding in the finisher photo.
3. PR a standalone HM
4. Get my firefighter level 2 qualification
5. Get my EMR qualification

Good luck to all the other womens on achieving your goals!
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 - What's Your Plan? [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 4 of us (and 11 bikes!) were in a townhouse (1100sqft) until a few years ago. We had to decide: sell bikes or buy bigger place. Bikes are still with us and we got a dog. While I do miss our old hood, the change was worth it!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy New Year!!!

Here's my list
1. spend 3 hours a week throwing out stuff (I've been in my house for 17 years, and raised 3 kids. I'd love to move in the next 5 years, but I need to get rid of a lot of stuff)
2. Read at least one book a month
3. Go to mass at least 3 out of 4 weeks.
4. No eating after 7 p.m.
5. Stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to start mountain biking again. I guess its time to pull myself together, and that's where I'll start. Focusing on work got me through the last year, but I need to try to enjoy things again. A few hours on a trail at a time....

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really enjoyed 2014, so it will be a bit more of the same for me.

More mixing it up, more trails, more mtb and I'd really like to have a crack at an adventure race.

After a niggling piriformis issue which is still not 100%, more strength training & yoga - I'll try and get a good session of each in at least once a week, and more stretching with everything.

I'd like to be a better runner - I'm hoping the trail & hill focus over the next few months will help with that and I probably just need to be more consistent.

Lastly, I've got my eye on the 70.3 World Champs in Mooloooooooooolabah in 2016 - so trying to plan a couple of WTC 70.3 with some hope of gettting a roll down slot - Ballarat, I'm looking at you! I'd kinda like to do a Challenge 70.3 as well but will see how I go.

More sleep, less cake, less wine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Get my sprint time under 2 hours. I've found a plan I like the look of, so the challenge will be sticking to it.
2) Allied to that, lose the damn weight. I'm about 40lb over my high goal right now, and hopefully that will help with...
3) Get the diabetes under control. Not just "kinda OK" control, but really good control.
4) Maintain my GPA to graduate with high honours in May.
5) Professional development - both for my employees and for myself so that I can be the manager they deserve. It's been cluster of a year for staffing in my department, and that needs to be dealt with.
6) Save enough money to take my fiance back to the UK with me in 2015 to visit my family... I am terrified that the first time I go back will be because somebody has died.

Yay, accountability!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Get back in shape.
Do some tris.
Get back to bike racing.

Those are the main things. Doing the first will lead to the rest.

Now, to get over being sick!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been thinking about this a lot! I turned 30 in 2014, and I've been thinking about what I'd really like the next phase of my life to look like. Pretty good job, really happy with where I live, feel really strong/healthy, nice dog. I don't really do Tri's anymore, but I do still SBR. Here's a few things I'd like to do this year:

1. Learn to do one, legit pull up. Also get better at push ups, maybe up my sets to 3x25 (at 3x15 now, which is a struggle).
2. Hike a 14-er.
3. Date more (in general, expand my social circle).
4. Take a great summer trip
5. Do something really nice for my mom to let her know how much I appreciate her.
6. Do something stupid, really fun, kind of irresponsible, that'll make me look back and think about how young and dumb I was...

Jen
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 - What's Your Plan? [JNelly7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a great goal list!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JNelly7 wrote:
I have been thinking about this a lot! I turned 30 in 2014, and I've been thinking about what I'd really like the next phase of my life to look like. Pretty good job, really happy with where I live, feel really strong/healthy, nice dog. I don't really do Tri's anymore, but I do still SBR. Here's a few things I'd like to do this year:

1. Learn to do one, legit pull up. Also get better at push ups, maybe up my sets to 3x25 (at 3x15 now, which is a struggle).
2. Hike a 14-er.
5. Do something really nice for my mom to let her know how much I appreciate her.
6. Do something stupid, really fun, kind of irresponsible, that'll make me look back and think about how young and dumb I was...

Jen

I reckon I managed to roll 3, 4 and 6 into one during 2014! Have fun:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 - Train consistently
2 - Quit my soul killing desk job and become a personal trainer
3 - not bitch out on number 2 because I'm scared of what might happen
4 - Race hard. My previous training was "just get through it" training. I want to finish my A race of the year knowing that I gave it my all.
5 - get down to 2:00/100yds - slow swimmers unite!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Complete my first ever marathon!
2. Complete my first ever Ironman distance race!
3. Build a doll house.
4. Keep my job.
5. Pay off debts.
6. Blog about my progress.

My triathlon training blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 - What's Your Plan? [blackthugcat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well combining those things was very wise. Sounds like a great time... :)
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 - What's Your Plan? [tejanatab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re 6: I have added your blog to my feedly so now you know that at least one person out there is reading it :-)
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 - What's Your Plan? [FyreHaar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FyreHaar wrote:
1 - Train consistently
2 - Quit my soul killing desk job and become a personal trainer
3 - not bitch out on number 2 because I'm scared of what might happen
4 - Race hard. My previous training was "just get through it" training. I want to finish my A race of the year knowing that I gave it my all.
5 - get down to 2:00/100yds - slow swimmers unite!
6 - Do the next Slowman's Guppy Swim Challenge - see point 5

Fixed it for you..:-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JNelly7 wrote:

2. Hike a 14-er.

Jen

I love #6. I turn 30 this year and have never really had anything that fits this category. I got married at 18 and was in school up until this past summer so now I feel like I'm officially in adult world and need to do something dumb.

My list:

1. 40 mpw running minimum (I've slacked off with biking as I want to be a better runner)
2. No DNFs unless crying or forced off (I have a history with trail ultras)
3. Drink more water (I'm terrible at this)
4. Stop stalking forums so much and actually post (hence this post)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Enjoy retirement
2. Train full-time for an HIM
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 - What's Your Plan? [blackthugcat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm down when he starts it up! Although it will probably clash with masters.
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 - What's Your Plan? [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two people :)
Quote Reply
Re: 2015 - What's Your Plan? [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bless your heart!

My triathlon training blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next