Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which training plan (Allen) would be best for a road racer during the build phase? I'm interested in the one that ties to the plan in the book Racing and Training with a powermeter unless there is something better available. I'm currently doing the base plan 2.0 Power Threshhold. I have between 9-12 hours a week to train.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [burger0014] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd suggest contacting Peaks Coaching Group and asking them. They (Hunter) provide the plans and support for the plans.

https://www.shop.peakscoachinggroup.com/contactus.sc

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't find it mentioned in a response. Is there a way in the new version (as there was in classic) to use preexisting routes? I have a standard route I use frequently for commuting and don't want to bother wearing my Garmin every time I go to work, as I can rely on time alone.

Ian
Quote Reply
Rtss value ? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I finnally bought WKO 3.0+ ... i love it !

Only problem i have is, when i downloaded my girlfriend data (running and biking) with the device agent ... the performance manager graph showed some weird TSB value ... (high tss score and very low tsb)

I found out it was the RTSS value from some of the trainning run she did that raised the TSS score ..

For an example: Run1 : 8.8 km ... 38 min ... 4.42 NGP ... average pace was 4.45 min/km.

The RTSS score : 258.5 !

Is it normal ? i find it very high ... she told me it was a 85% ride for her and she would be able to go for a bike ride without problems..

If we hit this value after a bike ride .. we are very exhausted..

Any metrics or setup i should check ?

Thanks

SOrry for my english again :)
Quote Reply
Re: Rtss value ? [Bigfoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bigfoots wrote:
Hi,

I finnally bought WKO 3.0+ ... i love it !

Only problem i have is, when i downloaded my girlfriend data (running and biking) with the device agent ... the performance manager graph showed some weird TSB value ... (high tss score and very low tsb)

I found out it was the RTSS value from some of the trainning run she did that raised the TSS score ..

For an example: Run1 : 8.8 km ... 38 min ... 4.42 NGP ... average pace was 4.45 min/km.

The RTSS score : 258.5 !

Is it normal ? i find it very high ... she told me it was a 85% ride for her and she would be able to go for a bike ride without problems..

If we hit this value after a bike ride .. we are very exhausted..

Any metrics or setup i should check ?

Thanks

SOrry for my english again :)

Ensure that her run pace zones are set correctly. You should never hit a rTSS that high for a one hour run :) You can set the zones with a recent 5 or 10K race effort or use the guidance in here to set them.

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/...ide-to-setting-zones

and

Page 39-41 of the WKO User Guide

Rodney
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [tkos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tkos wrote:
I couldn't find it mentioned in a response. Is there a way in the new version (as there was in classic) to use preexisting routes? I have a standard route I use frequently for commuting and don't want to bother wearing my Garmin every time I go to work, as I can rely on time alone.

Routes are up in the air right now and comments are being accepted on their usage. Not a lot of people use them. You can comment here

http://peaksware.uservoice.com/...-back-route-function

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WUUHOOOOOOOO

Wko 4.0 out this month
Quote Reply
Re: Rtss value ? [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm ... i checked the Heart rate zones, i re-calculated the zone using coggan or friel calculation and nothing changed .... zone are almost the same.

She does most of her run without her garmin strap ..

For every runs, it show a IF value of 1.7-1.9 , also, in the pace zone chart, it show that she did 38% of the time in zone 1 and 62% for zone 5c (all out zone?) ...

Is there a way to setup those zone using her running pace ? (4.45 min/km)

Thanks for the help :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [ddave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ddave wrote:
WUUHOOOOOOOO

Wko 4.0 out this month

If that's your wet dream I feel sorry for you. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Rtss value ? [Bigfoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes you need to create run pace zones as well. Same for on the bike you need to create power zones. Page 41 of the user guide or you can contact TP Support and they will assist you.

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Much better ! Thanks for your help :)

I should read more carefully the user manual -_-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WKO 4 was promised by end of 2014, but it is December 4th, and I have yet to see even a hint of its pending release. Also noticed Training Peaks quietly removed the link to the user forum (though I can still get to it through bing/goggle). I recently let me TP subscription expire and have been using Golden Cheetah since and am pretty happy with it so far, but am still curious about WKO 4. The longer I use Golden Cheetah, however, the harder it's going to be to get me to pay for WKO. Anyone have any insight?
Quote Reply
Suggestion for Dashboard [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to add your training zones as a chart to the dashboard page and add percentage of ftp to the chart? Seems clunky to have to go to my settings, view my power zones, and then manually calculate percentages (since workouts are typically described as a percentage of ftp) in order to build a workout properly.

If it's not possible this would be a great feature to add.
Quote Reply
Re: Suggestion for Dashboard [burger0014] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not currently but you can suggest the idea here

http://peaksware.uservoice.com/...ks-customer-feedback

Rodney
Quote Reply
Re: Rtss value ? [tpero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tpero wrote:
WKO 4 was promised by end of 2014, but it is December 4th, and I have yet to see even a hint of its pending release. Also noticed Training Peaks quietly removed the link to the user forum (though I can still get to it through bing/goggle). I recently let me TP subscription expire and have been using Golden Cheetah since and am pretty happy with it so far, but am still curious about WKO 4. The longer I use Golden Cheetah, however, the harder it's going to be to get me to pay for WKO. Anyone have any insight?

Gear has said on his twitter feed that he'll have an update in the next couple of weeks on WKO 4
Given the team developing it and the time they have spent I suspect it will be special.
I will be surprised if its out this year tho.

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a way to recalculate workout metrics based on new thresholds. Used to be able to do it in the classic version by clicking on the file name and recalculate, but don't see that option in the new version.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [agreif] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreif wrote:
Is there a way to recalculate workout metrics based on new thresholds. Used to be able to do it in the classic version by clicking on the file name and recalculate, but don't see that option in the new version.

There is a recalculate option under Upload.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [larsgt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beautiful! I couldn't find it anywhere! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had similar issues with the new TrainingPeaks?

Issue #1: I've tried uploading files from my Timex Ironman Run Trainer 2.0 to the new version of TrainingPeaks, but it will not load. It simply continues to try to load the file with no success and does not end until I click cancel. When I switch into the classic version, there is no problem loading the files at all.

Issue #2: In the new version of TrainingPeaks, all of my prior bike mileage disappears, but when I login to classic mode it is still listed.

I would love to use the new version, but the classic version does not have these issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Official TrainingPeaks Thread [aztri81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. How are you uploading? Drag and drop in the browser or with Device Agent?

2. Where are you looking for this mileage? Dashboard chart? If it is a chart check the settings to insure that the bike activity is selected.

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
1. How are you uploading? Drag and drop in the browser or with Device Agent?

2. Where are you looking for this mileage? Dashboard chart? If it is a chart check the settings to insure that the bike activity is selected.

(1) I go into the TP calendar mode and add a workout. I click bike and then attempt to load the file.

(2) Under the classic version, I uploaded my bike workout in the same manner as (1), but I would have to manually input the mileage after uploading the file. When viewing the workout in the new version, the bike miles disappears both from the weekly totals and from the individual workout when opened.

Thank you!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I am assuming a few things since it is a Run Trainer 2.0 and you are needing to manually input distance you are riding on a trainer? I'll check on the upload problem but in the meantime can you try something?

Upload the data file either in Classic mode or with Device Agent but don't add the distance. Switch to the new app and add the distance. Does that work, does the mileage stay?

Also try opening an older workout and add the distance. Does that work, does the mileage stay?

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, your assumptions are correct.

I did upload a bike file in classic mode, but then switched to the new app and manually entered the distance in. It worked, where the mileage stays put and is reflected in the weekly totals. It also works when I go to older bike workouts and enter the mileage in manually in the new app, where the mileage stays put and is reflected in the weekly totals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK so aside from the upload issue what you are seeing is the behind the scenes workflow. In the new app when you upload a file and edit the workout the file isn't really processed until you click save. So while you are uploading and then adding the distance when you save it the file is processed and that overwrites the manual entry.

It's a bit of an odd situation and not a typical use case but it has been passed on.

I'll keep you up to date when I hear about the upload issue.

Rodney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where on TP web site can I find the exact difference between a "premium" account and a "Basic" Account? As a coach with only a few clients at the current time, I am being hit pretty hard under the new pricing structure. (doubling my monthly fee). Where can I see the things I would be missing if I had all basic clients. Basically, what functionality would I lose and would my athletes lose if I dropped all the premium folks down to basic status.

Thanks,

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply

Prev Next