Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What LED rear light will work for aero seat post?
Quote | Reply
I've got a Cervelo P2C, with an xlab cage thing off the seat, Adamo Road saddle back there. So, I've rigged up a rather unreliable rubber band to hold a rear LED super-flash. The rubber band is tied between the two carbon drink cages, and is clipped into the rubber band. The super flash, comes off and is not secure.

The standard seat post device from which the LED rear light attaches is intended for round seat posts, I have found none to be able to go around a seat post like the P2.

I guess what I'm asking is what rear LED red warning light are ya'll using with an aero post and XLAB cage? What fits around that cage or seat or seat post, to warn traffic behind you, not to KILL YOU.
Quote Reply
Re: What LED rear light will work for aero seat post? [mistergomez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gots one o' these:

http://store.dinottelighting.com/...in-battery-p111.aspx

Like it a lot.
Quote Reply
Re: What LED rear light will work for aero seat post? [mistergomez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked this question a while back...
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=3848416

The Lights and Motion Viz 180 shown in one of the posts there.

Though I never got around to putting one on my tri bike...I just clip the tail light (Cygolite HotShot) to the back strap of my helmet when I need it.
Quote Reply
Re: What LED rear light will work for aero seat post? [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That won't fit on p2.

These options are very nice.

Best option, you might need to add an 'o' ring extender. Crazy bright.

https://www.serfas.com/products/view/143

This works nicely too. I used it on my p3 this week. Super bright.
https://www.serfas.com/...669/referer:products|index|lights|tail-lights
Quote Reply
Re: What LED rear light will work for aero seat post? [mcycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Light and Motion rear mount 180 does fit on a Cannondale Slice aero seatpost.
Quote Reply
Re: What LED rear light will work for aero seat post? [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BTW if you don't want to make a DIY mount, just get an O ring and loop it through the existing mount to lengthen it

Quote Reply
Re: What LED rear light will work for aero seat post? [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That,. sir, is genius. Had same problem; embarrassed I didn't think of this myself.

“Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.” Charles Schultz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I confirmed that my two serfas light suggestions fit very nicely and snugly on a p3/2 carbon seat post. You could add just the 3/4 PVC tube to make theme fit even snigger, but I don't think it is necessary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for suggestions. There's apparently 4 threads on this previously going back several years as well as a DIY out front. I was hoping for something integrated with a deep aero post I will try looping through an o ring
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Consider getting the serfas that I suggested. It will work right out of the box, is lighter, rechargeable, and substantially brighter. Put your superflash on your helmet.

As mentioned above- the Serfas can be mounted on a P3/P2 or most any aero seatpost without having to go through the process of cutting PVC and retrofitting an aero post into a round post. It works fine just by itself. I also tried a small cut piece of foam pipe insulation- as sold at any hardware store, and it makes the aero post a bit rounder and even snugger fit.

Also, if you have a decorated Christmas tree hanging off your seatpost/seat- the light can be mounted upside down- towards the brakes and still tilted appropriately towards the eyes of drivers in cars AND/OR it can potentially be mounted where your seatstay becomes one piece above the rear brake. I can mount it there nicely on a size 54cm S3 Cervelo aero road bike.

5 star average review at amazon - http://www.amazon.com/...eywords=serfas+usl60

light and foam together

light on cervelo P3 bike with small piece of foam insulation helping to round the post

light on cervelo S3 size 48cm - an a 54 cm S3, I can nicely mount the light on the seatstay, just above the rear brake bolt.

serfas thunderbolt option for P3 without any foam pipe backing (it also goes nicely on many seatstays- for additional light).

Last edited by: mcycle: Apr 21, 13 18:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Electrical tape is your friend. Most rear lights can be mounted on any frame by channeling a little inner McGyver!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can indeed mount the Dinotte on a P2, I just came back from a ride with mine, but instead of attaching it to the seat post, I attached the mount to the frame right above where the rear brake mount is. Mount it "upside down" so the mount points upward, and you are good to go. I have a battery pack one so I attach that to the seat post. I'd take a picture but I am way too lazy to go out and do that right now.

I am a big believer in the Dinotte over the AAA powered lights, at least for daytime riding.
Quote Reply
Re: What LED rear light will work for aero seat post? [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am using this, fits aero seatposts very well with industry grade silicone bands.

Last edited by: eiji: Dec 24, 14 1:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually just put a light in my back pocket on my training tri suit that's white and it blinks through it really really well. I haven't tried it in a suit that's not white but polly work
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.skully.com.tw/htm/products.php

They come with a small wedge for aero posts.

Quote Reply
Re: What LED rear light will work for aero seat post? [eiji] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eiji wrote:
I am using this, fits aero seatposts very well with industry grade silicone bands.

Where did you buy this? I can't find any US dealers. Can get on Ebay but comes out of Taiwan.
Quote Reply
Re: What LED rear light will work for aero seat post? [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to Blackburn fleas. 1i clip to the back of my helmet the other a clip to the back of my jersey that way they're high enough for everyone to see. They are very small and have a nice strong clip in the back easy to use.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah +1...this thing looks like what the dr. ordered...

cheers
S.

// qui audet adipiscitur
Quote Reply
Re: What LED rear light will work for aero seat post? [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the skully as well on my P2. I have him on my seat stay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a P3 and I use the Serfas thunderbolt. It is super bright and rechargeable. Easily changes back and forth between my P3 and S5.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new fly6 now by cycliq works great on aero post. Light and camera all in one. Just received the new version and love it.

Twitter@Forsey37
Quote Reply
Re: What LED rear light will work for aero seat post? [Forsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saved the OEM reflector mount.... you know the things the CPSC requires come on every bicycle sold in the USA. The Bontrager Flare series will bolt right to it. I've been using it since 2010, no issues.

Your LBS might have some extra lying around, or could order one possibly.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mistergomez wrote:
I've got a Cervelo P2C, with an xlab cage thing off the seat, Adamo Road saddle back there. So, I've rigged up a rather unreliable rubber band to hold a rear LED super-flash. The rubber band is tied between the two carbon drink cages, and is clipped into the rubber band. The super flash, comes off and is not secure.

The standard seat post device from which the LED rear light attaches is intended for round seat posts, I have found none to be able to go around a seat post like the P2.

I guess what I'm asking is what rear LED red warning light are ya'll using with an aero post and XLAB cage? What fits around that cage or seat or seat post, to warn traffic behind you, not to KILL YOU.

Just use the bike's included rear reflector mount and then mount a 2-hole light instead of the reflector.
-SD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
eiji wrote:

Where did you buy this? I can't find any US dealers. Can get on Ebay but comes out of Taiwan.

sorry for the late reply, Christmas period is busy for me.

I am from Singapore, got this from LBS. retails about 30usd
Quote Reply

Prev Next