Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Polar M400 - Anybody have one?
Quote | Reply
After a long search for a new running watch I decided to go with the Polar M400 (went white with the HR strap). I had settled on the Garmin FR220, but changed my mind and picked up a M400 today.

Anybody else have one?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used if for over a month now. Really a great running watch that you also use for cycling; if wanting to mount to a road bike just get the polar bike mount(http://www.polar.com/...Universal_Bike_Mount).
The HR is comes with works in water, so you can set up a different sport profile and use it in the pool as well to get HR if you want.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got mine for 3 weeks now. Great watch, great price. But I was surprised that the battery life in gps mode lasts only for +/- 8 hours. Too short for my races ;-).
And when will they fix the Polar Flow app for android ???


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuck a duck and try to fly
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [Kanipupski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Polar Flow app for Android should come near the end of the year iirc.

Got mine on the day of the release, 10 hours later it was already oxidated from jumping in the swimming pool :(



But the good news: received a new one after sending it up :) I use it now for a few weeks and for 200€ it's a bargain. Don't miss the extra functions of a Forerunner. Also, the Polar Flow website is very handy to use and handy to analyze my trainings with my trainer afterwards.

Battery time is very decent, with 1 or 2 bike trainings a week it lasts for 2 weeks, nothing to bother about.

I can only recommend it.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [Stancke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stancke wrote:
The Polar Flow app for Android should come near the end of the year iirc.

Got mine on the day of the release, 10 hours later it was already oxidated from jumping in the swimming pool :(



But the good news: received a new one after sending it up :) I use it now for a few weeks and for 200€ it's a bargain. Don't miss the extra functions of a Forerunner. Also, the Polar Flow website is very handy to use and handy to analyze my trainings with my trainer afterwards.

Battery time is very decent, with 1 or 2 bike trainings a week it lasts for 2 weeks, nothing to bother about.

I can only recommend it.

Polar customer service is the best. period.

_________________________________________
What if I fall? Oh but my darling, what if you fly?
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [Stancke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't been able to make it out for a run with mine yet (stupid holiday), but so far I really dig it just as a watch. Very slick.

I'm a Windows Phone user, so I'm not going to start holding my breath just yet for the Flow app. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will say there's TONS to explore on the Polar Flow website. Looking forward to really getting into this thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did my second outdoor run today and my 5 mile run registered well over 7. GPS got all screwed up at some point early on during the run. It seemed ok on the way back.

My 3.25 mile run yesterday was just fine. Hopefully this was a one time thing. I've had this happen with a different watch once, so... we shall see.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, strange... From the moment I've got the GPS fix it works perfect. No errors during 90k+ ride or 5k+ run.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [Stancke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just took my M400 for it's first ride. 20.8 miles. Spot on with my Garmin 500. I mean matched almost exactly.

Writing off my issues yesterday as a one time thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just reporting that I've had no more GPS issues and it's working perfectly. Really love this watch.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you are happy with Polar. Let me be the 100th to tell you that you will find no better reliability and customer support then with Polar.

__________________________________________________
Official Polar Ambassador
http://www.google.com/...P7RiWyEVwpunlsc2JtQQ
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got my girlfriend a M400 as an early Christmas present and she loves it.

We ran 4 miles on Saturday and her M400 and my V800 were within .05 miles of each other GPS distance at the conclusion of the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [apache] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [[email protected]] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question for your M400 owners, if I may.


I've recently returned to running after neck surgery and the related PT, and hope to return to running races and short tris next year. I have two Garmin products -- and Edge 500 and a FR305, as well an ANT+ HRM and footpod. It therefore should be no surprise that I have a decent history on Garmin Connect too. I've decided to replace my FR305 with a running watch, and am very interested in the Polar M400 (based largely on DCRainmaker's review). But I have a dilemma.


Costco is offering the FR210 for $140, with a HRM. Considering the fact that most of my running is LSD (and not all that L at that), I don't need complicated workout creation. Intervals will more than do the trick. And based on DCR's review, the FR210 will do that trick just fine. So I am struggling to find a way to justify the extra money for an M400. It will be at least $100-150 more than the FR210 once you factor in a new HRM and, eventually, a new footpod (which I prefer to the accelerometer).


This leads, finally, to my question: What's the best argument for the M400? That it has 1-second recording? Bluetooth upload? Polar customer service? Or is the answer simply the FR210 because it's good enough and much cheaper?


Thanks for your thoughts!

Last edited by: New Guy: Dec 12, 14 17:29
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [New Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Guy wrote:
Question for your M400 owners, if I may.


I've recently returned to running after neck surgery and the related PT, and hope to return to running races and short tris next year. I have two Garmin products -- and Edge 500 and a FR305, as well an ANT+ HRM and footpod. It therefore should be no surprise that I have a decent history on Garmin Connect too. I've decided to replace my FR305 with a running watch, and am very interested in the Polar M400 (based largely on DCRainmaker's review). But I have a dilemma.


Costco is offering the FR210 for $140, with a HRM. Considering the fact that most of my running is LSD (and not all that L at that), I don't need complicated workout creation. Intervals will more than do the trick. And based on DCR's review, the FR210 will do that trick just fine. So I am struggling to find a way to justify the extra money for an M400. It will be at least $100-150 more than the FR210 once you factor in a new HRM and, eventually, a new footpod (which I prefer to the accelerometer).

NG,

Navigate to DC Rainmaker's M400 review and live thread on the M400 and perhaps you can get your question(s) answered there, more thoroughly (many M400 owners there).

G


This leads, finally, to my question: What's the best argument for the M400? That it has 1-second recording? Bluetooth upload? Polar customer service? Or is the answer simply the FR210 because it's good enough and much cheaper?


Thanks for your thoughts!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [apache] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have to pull the trigger this week, so I thought I'd bump this up once more in the hope that someone has some insight.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [New Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Guy wrote:
Have to pull the trigger this week, so I thought I'd bump this up once more in the hope that someone has some insight.

Thanks!
I am a little biased but I speak the truth. Polar reps are on here constantly and if you should need help or have questions they will get answered quickly. Or even if you need a service call it will get done quickly. Not that you would need it as Polar is as reliable as they come!! If needed PM me and I will do my best to get action for you should the reps be on vacation. Hope you decide to get it. You will not be disappointed !!

__________________________________________________
Official Polar Ambassador
http://www.google.com/...P7RiWyEVwpunlsc2JtQQ
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI:

Quote:
Christmas is just around the corner, and we’re working hard as ever on the
FlowApp for Android release. However we need to postpone its release until the
end of December as we are simply not yet fully satisfied with the quality. At
the moment the app is not stable enough to meet our criteria, and its
performance is too slow. While the extra time needed is certainly a
disappointment, we want to spare you the frustration of an unstable app –
especially during the Christmas holidays.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [New Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any interest in daily activity tracking? The M400 has that.

One other thing I like is that I can have 4 data fields on one screen. HR, total time, distance, and pace. Those are the 4 most important to me at any given time. I hate having to switch screens (1st world problems).
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one and have used it for quite a while with accurate results.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [Stancke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious did you try swimming with it again or is it not waterproof at all? I just ordered this watch and am curious how much water it can take. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [weatherlover1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
weatherlover1 wrote:
Curious did you try swimming with it again or is it not waterproof at all? I just ordered this watch and am curious how much water it can take. Thanks!

My first one wasn't clearly waterproof :D My second M400 been using for +30 swimming workouts and still no water under my screen, thankfully :D
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [Stancke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stancke wrote:

My first one wasn't clearly waterproof :D My second M400 been using for +30 swimming workouts and still no water under my screen, thankfully :D

Does the HR monitor work in the water?

I haven't worn my M400 swimming yet. I have simple Timex that I wear to swim since it has a bigger lap button... but... I haven't been using it to count laps lately anyway, so I might give my M400 a try.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar M400 - Anybody have one? [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never used it in the water so I don't have any idea...
Quote Reply

Prev Next