Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: show me your DIMOND [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: deafcon: Nov 13, 14 4:48
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [Borden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toronto Cycles dot Com is where I get all my bolts.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Toronto Cycles dot Com is where I get all my bolts.

They have good prices. Just ordered 4 bolts. Thanks!

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

found this one on the net, wondering how good the P5 fork and nose cone fits?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, finally starting with my build.
As much as I love the Dimond frame, there where 2 things i didn't like about it:
#1, the 3T fork doesn't fit the frame design
#2, too much free space between the stem and the frame

So, i searched the nest to look for alternatives, found that the new cervelo fork has the same rake and will fit way nicer (my opinion). Got a good deal on a P3 fork that i will have painted soon...
Then i designed a cover to fill the space between stem and frame, Glen from Alden Tri design is helping me in building the part. So far i got the 1st revision 3D print that looks already pretty damn good.

Last edited by: lmar77: Dec 12, 14 9:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lmar77 wrote:
As much as I love the Dimond frame, there where 2 things i didn't like about it:

So, i searched the nest to look for alternatives, found that the new cervelo fork has the same rake and will fit way nicer (my opinion). Got a good deal on a P3 fork that i will have painted soon...

Is that the FK26 frame?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are really starting to grow on me. So much nicer than any other older beamed bike. Really seems like a better version of the short-lived Zipp frames. HOPE these stick!
anyone remember the Slingshot?
Last edited by: thenicetwin: Dec 12, 14 14:08
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [writhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nope, it's the FK37 fork, used on both the P3 and the P5/3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice work - I really like your "space filler" between the beam and the stem. Have you designed that to hold any di2 cables etc? or does it just fill the space

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lmar77 wrote:

Then i designed a cover to fill the space between stem and frame, Glen from Alden Tri design is helping me in building the part. So far i got the 1st revision 3D print that looks already pretty damn good.

This build looks AWESOME. Good call on the cervelo fork.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [thenicetwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thenicetwin wrote:
anyone remember the Slingshot?

Thought I was the only person that remember those! I still have one...one of the 650c wheeled road frames that is currently built up as a SS. Just for putzing around town and stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Rob! The final part will accommodate wiring and hopefully the Di2 junction box
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome, like to see it finished

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
Here are some pics.
shimano groupset, zipp vuka stealth bars, p2max type s on rotor 165mm cranks, dash TT9 saddle, tririg omega brakes

I've made a few changes since this photo - I've now placed the junction box inside the beam

This thread should be outlawed....with the amount of money I intend to spend on my age group "pro" lifestyle, I don't need you guys roping me into spending even more!!!
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just do it. You know you'll buy one eventually, don't torture yourself in the meantime!

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [karl_a_hall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
karl_a_hall wrote:

Super proud to have worked with Dave at Zipp. One of the brightest guys I know and I couldn't be happier with the bike!

Want. So bad. Want. Kids don't need college.....daddy needs this bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
This thread should be outlawed....with the amount of money I intend to spend on my age group "pro" lifestyle, I don't need you guys roping me into spending even more!!!

Resistance is futile, Dev. Do yourself a favor and get one now - that way you can come to the secret Dimond party the next time you're in the Bay Area.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My baby dressed for the soul crushing hell in Kona. Beautiful new Ceramic Speed pulleys I won at the Slowtwitch gathering included. Nothing new on race day... Ha!

Last edited by: cmulford: Dec 15, 14 6:33
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that Cervelo fork looks perfect on there.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [karl_a_hall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the folks at Ruster Sports I understand the installation of the rear Magura brake is very tricky on the Dimond.They are buiding a Dimond for me and I have a set of RT6 brakes I would like them to use .Can you elaborate on the issues of mounting this brake?Many thanks
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [sneeuwaap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sneeuwaap wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Resistance is futile, Dev. Do yourself a favor and get one now - that way you can come to the secret Dimond party the next time you're in the Bay Area.

Ian

I think I need to Kona Qual like all the Dimond studs to qualify for that party in the first place!!! Then again, perhaps the road to Kona requires the purchase of the Dimond prior to the qualifier event!!! Maybe I should kick my son in a butt to study harder so he can double his university scholarship money and i can pocket the delta for a Dimond! Whatever happened to the old way of putting yourself through university like the rest of us ????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
sneeuwaap wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Ian

I think I need to Kona Qual like all the Dimond studs to qualify for that party in the first place!!! Then again, perhaps the road to Kona requires the purchase of the Dimond prior to the qualifier event!!! Maybe I should kick my son in a butt to study harder so he can double his university scholarship money and i can pocket the delta for a Dimond! Whatever happened to the old way of putting yourself through university like the rest of us ????

For me the order was Dimond first, then KQ. I'm not saying it was the Dimond that did it; I'm not saying it wasn't...

BTW, pic of my Dimond post in this thread: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...g=sneeuwaap;#5338680. My position looks less aggressive than those shown in the other posters' pics, but then again I'm old. :-)

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [carbonsport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question. Since I work in the industry as an engineer I prefer to stay silent on this as to avoid the apparence of condoning a specific way of doing somewhat non-standard work. I say that as a somewhat professional courtesy that I too would ideally appreciate from other engineers in the industry who are using product I design in not so average and standard ways. I think good mechanical minds who truly understand hydro brakes can figure it out... Hence why I'm ok being silent. That being said, one of my best friends (and former coworker at Zipp and project designer for things like the 303, 202, Super9CC) is the director of engineering at Ruster/Dimond and he may have a few good ideas on how to install them ;-) I would trust him!

Karl
SRAM Composites Design Engineer, wheels
Instagram/Twitter: backlot42
Last edited by: karl_a_hall: Dec 15, 14 23:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boom! Done! :-)

Quote Reply

Prev Next