Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Reflective running tights
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a pair of running tights that are uber reflective. It's really dark! Most of the running tights I see just have a tiny reflective logo or small reflective stripe on the side. Any suggestions? If they tend to run a bit long that would be a bonus.
Quote Reply
Re: Reflective running tights [Running mom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure about reflective running tights but I wear a Noxgear vest for running the dark - it lights you up like a Christmas tree and there's no way that someone could not see you - my neighbors have made many comments about how easily they can see me when running on the road at night. My husband bought one as well.

https://www.noxgear.com/tracer360

Elisha
"Triathlon doesn't build character. It reveals it."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I gave up trying to find tights with more than just a reflective emblem. I bought this jacket. It's pricey (I bought it when RR VIP members had 25% off), but it's bright when lights shine on it. A couple people have stopped me and asked what I was wearing because they've never seen anything so bright. I'll try to post of picture of how bright/reflective it is later today.

Dicks also carries the same jacket in different colors for the same base price.
Last edited by: GhiaGirl: Dec 11, 14 6:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're looking for reflective apparel, that's sort of this company's oeuvre: http://www.relaxreflect.com/

I will suggest, though, that most of us don't wear the same pair of tights day in and day out (unless you're doing a LOT of laundry). A good reflective jacket, ankle bands, or even clip/strap-on lights may be more useful. It's not always cold enough to need a jacket and/or tights when I'm out running after dark, so having options that work in any temperature is a good idea. The reflective vest definitely fits into that category.

Here's a whole page full of lights and reflective accessories you can add to any outfit: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/catpage-REFLECTIVE.html

I was given the RoadID Supernova light with wrist strap as a gift a few years ago and use it when I'm running on streets with no sidewalk after dark, or just if it's rainy/snowy out such that visibility is reduced. I also have some reflective velcro ankle straps (pant leg straps for cycling) that I've got for free that can be used to increase my impact after dark.

If visibility is reduced, remember that a flashing light always attracts more attention than a steady one. Even with the Supernova and another Saucony clip-on light I won at a race on me, I sometimes have to resort to waving my arms around and yelling to get drivers to actually LOOK. It's the worst when the driver is waiting to make a right-hand turn off a side street I'm passing, since I always run facing traffic - they're only looking to their left for a gap to pull out, and will do so right into you.

Good luck - cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Another vote for the Noxgear "vest". Sometimes it's just not cold enough to need tights or a jacket, and this can be worn in all weather. My husband and I both wear them... we're like a party or rave coming down the road. Plus, don't need to worry about laundry - it's good to go from one run to the next. Doesn't really feel like anything on when you're wearing it - I've worn it in the summer over a tank top and in the winter over a jacket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are the tights I wear and at $60, are reasonably priced, IMO. Highly reflective and their web site offers less expensive options for outerwear as well.

http://www.illuminite.com/...ht-black-firenz.html

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Reflective running tights [f_ahsile04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that is super cool thks for sharing... I too am tired to dodging cars. I put blinking lights on my DOG and that works better than lights on me. Odd eh?

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Reflective running tights [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those look like they'll do the job !

As a side note, I have to chuckle (or sigh with sad resignation) at the descriptive , "Made in China or USA". Hmmm, doesn't take much work to KNOW the actual source of origin…...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not just sew some clothing reflectors on them....
Last edited by: Jimster: Dec 14, 14 14:21
Quote Reply
Re: Reflective running tights [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those look awesome. How is the sizing on those tights? Can you compare it to Sugoi, lululemon, PI or any other brand.
Quote Reply
Re: Reflective running tights [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They run true to size.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is another reflective option, the Sugoi Zap Jacket. The entire jacket lights up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This may be too late, but this sounds like what you were looking for:

http://store.nike.com/...556600/pgid-10259696

I tried them on in the London Nike store. They are close-fitting, feel like support gear. Comfy. Very, very reflective in the silver (although some of the reviews say that the reflective stuff is not long-lasting). I didn't buy them, cos I don't run enough to justify the cost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's an option
http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=97456&vid=1&pid=2431360024

The athleta reflective power lift tight.

Quote Reply