Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Removing Blood Stains (Somewhat Graphic) [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry, but if it were me I'd never f*cking ride again. And yes, hydrogen peroxide for the blood, though bleach will work on the concrete too. Jesus Christ, I can't stop looking at the amount of blood...

Patti in NJ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No idea why I went to the kitchen sink.

I think it's pretty obvious that you stopped to make a sandwich. After a workout and that much blood loss, most triathletes would have nutrition in mind.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hblake wrote:

Your wife guessed well.

Story forth coming at a latter date.

So all that blood is from a colon injury suffered on trainer?!? I hope the "later date" for the story comes very soon.
Last edited by: mbwallis: Dec 5, 14 8:55
Quote Reply
Post deleted by RZ [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: RZ: Dec 5, 14 9:05
Quote | Reply
HBlake - no relation to Robert Blake I hope...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bono? is that you?
Quote Reply
Re: Removing Blood Stains (Somewhat Graphic) [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
hblake wrote:

Your wife guessed well.

So all that blood is from a colon injury suffered on trainer?!? I hope the "later date" for the story comes very soon.

I'm guessing he was riding a bike with no seat for some reason (breakage or dumbassery) and the seatpost took a core sample.

A few years back there was an incident of drunken BMX riding I partook in. One seat broke off but people were still riding it. I refused, because in my drunken state all I could think of was that seatpost taking a 1" diameter sample of things I'd rather not have sampled.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Removing Blood Stains (Somewhat Graphic) [thenicetwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hardcore! Get well soon......

Hook Em' Horns
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.....I am really hoping that your delay in posting pictures of your injury is not due to it being your scrotum or scrotum "region" =O #SAYITAINTSO
Quote Reply
Re: Removing Blood Stains (Somewhat Graphic) [byfaith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
byfaith wrote:
.....I am really hoping that your delay in posting pictures of your injury is not due to it being your scrotum or scrotum "region" =O #SAYITAINTSO

Yeah, I'm hoping exploded and testicles don't end up in the same sentence.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Single leg pedaling drill mishap. No chair for support, so barefoot on downtube, slipped...ouch.
Quote Reply
Re: Removing Blood Stains (Somewhat Graphic) [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when I crashed it was only 40$ and I think it was covered by benefits perhaps.
Quote Reply
Re: Removing Blood Stains (Somewhat Graphic) [gregn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Colonel Mustard, with the trainer, in the pain cave...
Quote Reply
Re: Removing Blood Stains (Somewhat Graphic) [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
JayZ wrote:
hblake wrote:

Your wife guessed well.

The accident happened about 6:25PM Tuesday November 25, 2014. The footprints on the kitchen floor were taken by my daughter with her cell phone. The garage pictures by me after coming home from surgery a few days later. My wife cleaned up the house, I get to clean the garage. As I was alone, I went inside to get my insurance card. No idea why I went to the kitchen sink. The dog did lick some of it and then tracked it over the house also!

The accident happened on the trainer, I called for help using the cell phone, walked inside for insurance card and to put up the dog. Walked back outside, closed garage door and waited on front porch. EMS arrived 11 after my call.

I'm gonna guess: Somehow slid backward off the seat onto the moving rear tire?

One of my old co-workers / riding buddies in CO did this. His seatpost snapped and he went back onto the rear wheel and completely shredded his taint. He had to ride home and by the time he got there, his chamois was a blood-filled diaper. As a result of all the patching / healing that had to go on, he was on laxatives for weeks. A solid dookey would have ripped everything apart again.

As if I was not haunted enough by the OP's photos.

And I told my wife riding the trainer was safe....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jesus Christ in a shopping bag!

OP, there is only one option left to you. Get a hidden camera and call a cleaning service.

Hope you're ok.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Removing Blood Stains (Somewhat Graphic) [Triattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triattorney wrote:
If he lived in Canada, he would still be sitting outside his garage waiting on that free EMS!

Ambulance services are NOT covered under Provincial Health Care. They expect you to get there on your own apparently. And then you have to pay for parking when you get there. Oh, and an Ambulance is a few hundred dollars and in my case that was only for 3 blocks. Fortunately, I have extra insurance coverage which covered it.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On pins and needles waiting for final report. My wife is very excited for the first time on a Slowtwitch thread. Get well regardless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hblake wrote:

Your wife guessed well.

The accident happened about 6:25PM Tuesday November 25, 2014. The footprints on the kitchen floor were taken by my daughter with her cell phone. The garage pictures by me after coming home from surgery a few days later. My wife cleaned up the house, I get to clean the garage. As I was alone, I went inside to get my insurance card. No idea why I went to the kitchen sink. The dog did lick some of it and then tracked it over the house also!

The accident happened on the trainer, I called for help using the cell phone, walked inside for insurance card and to put up the dog. Walked back outside, closed garage door and waited on front porch. EMS arrived 11 after my call.

welcome back old friend..

Quote Reply
Re: Removing Blood Stains (Somewhat Graphic) [chrisinma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Removing Blood Stains (Somewhat Graphic) [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well played.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hblake wrote:
A couple more for your viewing pleasure:

THAT IS AMAZING! Holy crap!!!
I just have one question. Dying to know!

I love those tiles! Where did you get them from??!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Removing Blood Stains (Somewhat Graphic) [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The more I look at these photos the more I am leaning toward calling bullshit. As an expert in forensic blood spatter (I have seen Forensic Files) wtf is going on in the kitchen? If these are his daughter's foot prints, where are the drops of blood coming from? Is she carrying OP's bloody colon??? No longer buying it.

But I agree, love the tile.

Patti in NJ
Quote Reply
Re: Removing Blood Stains (Somewhat Graphic) [PattiTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

It is my blood, my daughter photographed the inside blood with her cell phone when she came over to feed the dog for us later that evening. I had socks on when the accident happened. I had surgery about 1:30 AM the next morning. The garage pictures were taken by me with my Canon camera a few days after I got home. When the accident happened I knew it was bad. I had hold the open wound closed with my right hand, whenever I moved it away, blood gushed. Memories of those first aid classes are still here, apply pressure.

To all: thank you for the kind words, I am recovering. Most of the responses have been very entertaining I must say. Perhaps back to work on Tuesday. I have contacted an attorney and upon his OK I will share how this happened. See you at Ironman Texas!

Hugh Blake

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Removing Blood Stains (Somewhat Graphic) [PattiTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm always fascinated by the "attention whore" approach to posts like what the OP offered. Post some graphic pictures and say the story is coming later. Follow that up with some more graphic pictures and then another teaser that more details are forthcoming. Just post the damn information!

I have a friend that posts little things on facebook like "I have BIG news!" and then takes a couple of days to post the news. I think they just get off on everyone sending them messages and posting questions.

My take is that it's either bullshit and the OP is still making up the story, or the OP just loves the attention this is getting.
Quote Reply
Re: Removing Blood Stains (Somewhat Graphic) [bm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bm wrote:
My take is that it's either bullshit and the OP is still making up the story, or the OP just loves the attention this is getting.

Both.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply

Prev Next