Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Fenn123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bought a shiv pro race 2014 about 2 weeks ago, haven't been able to get off the bike. Love love love it. Previous bike was a 2012 Shiv TT and before that was a Cervelo P2. Feels just as fast as my Shiv TT but the handling is not as accurate and doesn't climb as well. Comfort wise it beats the Shiv TT and Cervelo. Love the adjustability of the front end and once dialled in and fitted you'll probably want to ride 200km every Saturday! No issues with brakes except that they stop you very quickly which I wasn't use to with the Shiv TT. Don't even think about it - get the bike. You'll love it. The wheels are great too!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [grubba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grubba wrote:
Bought a shiv pro race 2014 about 2 weeks ago, haven't been able to get off the bike. Love love love it. Previous bike was a 2012 Shiv TT and before that was a Cervelo P2. Feels just as fast as my Shiv TT but the handling is not as accurate and doesn't climb as well. Comfort wise it beats the Shiv TT and Cervelo. Love the adjustability of the front end and once dialled in and fitted you'll probably want to ride 200km every Saturday! No issues with brakes except that they stop you very quickly which I wasn't use to with the Shiv TT. Don't even think about it - get the bike. You'll love it. The wheels are great too!

Thanks. In what way does it not climb as well? is that because its heavier?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Fenn123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The steering was just not as direct and felt lighter than the Shiv TT. with climbing I think it's just the large down tube and storage container that makes it feel slower when your out of the saddle climbing. This is all just perception as I've not tested it. Still Id ride the Shiv Pro in a 70.3 or IM over the Shiv TT. The shiv TT would be my choice for a 20-40k TT though.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [grubba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey does anyone have any experience with the low stack pad clamps that was found on the Hoff's Shiv(http://www.slowtwitch.com/...f_The_Hoff_4682.html)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [hwangnyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, they're very hard to order and not out to public yet.

December availability afaik...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [captain hook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have them, ordered them about 2 months ago. However, I haven't fit them on the bike yet. They're a little heavier than i expected and you'll have to cut the extensions by alot.

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [urbantriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you mean you'll have to cut the extensions? Also, do you have a part number? Or what did you ask your LBS to order? Also, what did it set you back? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The extensions slot into the clamps which protrude outward over the basebar, essentially adding an inch or so to the length.

Part #'s
Shiv Low Stack Aerobar Clamp
Left S140800002
Right S140800003

I gave these #s to my LBS, I think they're $75 each but I'm not 100% on that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another question about these new clamps - after installed, what is the distance between the bottom of the pad holder to the top of the basebar?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yikes, that's expensive! Let me ask my LBS and I'll report back. Do you have any pictures you can share?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I stated above - I haven't actually setup the bike with them and haven't taken any photos. I'm racing IMAZ and didn't want to radically adjust my position that close to the race. I'll likely add them in December, so I can get a full winter of trainer time getting used to the lower drop.

Also - I was wrong on the price, only $40 on the website http://www.specialized.com/...ck-aerobar-clamp-set The website also claims it reduces stack by 1.9cm.

One item to note - I was surprised by how heavy they were.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking to purchase a Specialized Shiv Comp, but not sure if my size will allow me to fit a small frame. I am 5'9, inseam of 31.5" and pretty flexible. Without going in and seeing if this is possible what are your thoughts?? Have a sweet deal on a small size right now.....
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [buchingerross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not an experienced fitter. The Shiv is very adjustable, so you likely could fit on a small, but should you? I have no idea.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m not a fitter but I am 5’11 and very flexible on a med and wish I bout a small to go lower. I bought an longer stem and have it dropped as low as it can go.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are looking to be in an aggressive position, yes. Heck…might be able to pull of a medium aggressive position. I am 6'1" on a medium and feel like I could handle a small frame to get even more aggressive….but won't do it because I wouldn't want to be in that position for longer races. So to answer your question, yes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Small all day long.

I'm the same height with slightly shorter inseam.

Im on the small in most aggressive stack setting and still 10cm or so too high.
Fortunately the new low stack ext clamps are on order and will bring me as aggressive as i can handle.

You won't get low enough if you get a medium.
Assuming your stack is similar around 590mm from centre of crank to pad.
currently around 600 for me on Sworks Shiv with standard carbon bars as low as poss hence new clamps to allow down as far as 583mm they say. 590 and I'm sorted.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [skwan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skwan wrote:
Does anyone know if the Shimano Ultegra BR-6810 brakes will work/fit on the Shiv?

They will not fit, bosses are different.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you gentlemen.....appreciate the quick responses on sizing. I had the opportunity to ride a small on a trainer last night....completely not set up for me and it certainly felt workable. Looking forward to the set up now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are in NC charlotte area i’d be happy to let you sit on mine med dropped as far as it can go.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Central Wisconsin.....sadly a little brisk up here already.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by mlyonsdc [ In reply to ]
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mlyonsdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My LBS did mine….I think Specialized told them that you need to order two front brakes so there is clearance.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe you need two rears as the stud on the front is to long and Magura wont sell just the stud. Eitherway other than the stud the calipers are identical. That is a rear caliper too so it should be correct.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mlyonsdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I fixed it, was a stupid mistake and all I had to do was shorten the chain. I also went to a 52/36 from a 53/39 and forgot about the chain.
Quote Reply

Prev Next