Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [bobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bobo wrote:

2. In Kona '93-ish, I had a little trouble at the 1st bike aid station, w/concussion, profuse bleeding, broken helmet, broken seat stay, the usual. So when I start the run, I'm behind a bunch of pro chicks. I'm catching up to one on Alii Dr. at about mile5, crowds lining the street, children cheering, lovely family atmosphere, when this chick (in mid stride) reaches back, pulls her running shorts to the side, and clips off about a 10" piece of cable. The turd comes flipping out, glance off her calf and SPLAT! hits the pavement 5' in front of me, giving me just enough time to poopy-hurdle. How many people behind me also had to poopy-hurdle? And that, I think we can all agree is NOT sterile!
There were bushes, occasional port-a-potties, etc. As with the Little Pisser From Texas, spend 10secs, save your dignity.

Yes, I'm haunted still. The meds help.

-bobo

I am without words. Too bad I'm a visual person... That's an image I won't get rid of anytime soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bobo wrote:

2. In Kona '93-ish, I had a little trouble at the 1st bike aid station, w/concussion, profuse bleeding, broken helmet, broken seat stay, the usual. So when I start the run, I'm behind a bunch of pro chicks. I'm catching up to one on Alii Dr. at about mile5, crowds lining the street, children cheering, lovely family atmosphere, when this chick (in mid stride) reaches back, pulls her running shorts to the side, and clips off about a 10" piece of cable.

-bobo

I need some clarification please. Was this 10" in diameter or 10" in length?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do I have to keep re-living this trauma for you sickos? I still see the tumble, all in slow motion...

Length, man, length! Ten inch long Baby Ruth. (I can't eat those anymore either). But no nougat filled "thunk" when it hit the pavement, total "Splat".

-bobo

"What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak-minded."
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is only sterile for the person who produces it as it harbors the microorganisms, etc. already present in his/her system.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bobo wrote:
Just read the thread...THE WHOLE THREAD...I'm now just that much dumber.

As a former middling (piddling?) pro, I have a couple of comments, neither too important:

1. I'm from Louisiana, I suppose piss bothers us less than our more genteel Tenn brethren, but had I witnessed the "offense", I would have commented "F#kin' Texas pissies!". Then I would have grabbed a coupla water bottles and diluted the area. This reduces the smell 100% more than internet bitching. Seriously yer Honor, HTFU.

2. In Kona '93-ish, I had a little trouble at the 1st bike aid station, w/concussion, profuse bleeding, broken helmet, broken seat stay, the usual. So when I start the run, I'm behind a bunch of pro chicks. I'm catching up to one on Alii Dr. at about mile5, crowds lining the street, children cheering, lovely family atmosphere, when this chick (in mid stride) reaches back, pulls her running shorts to the side, and clips off about a 10" piece of cable. The turd comes flipping out, glance off her calf and SPLAT! hits the pavement 5' in front of me, giving me just enough time to poopy-hurdle. How many people behind me also had to poopy-hurdle? And that, I think we can all agree is NOT sterile!
There were bushes, occasional port-a-potties, etc. As with the Little Pisser From Texas, spend 10secs, save your dignity.

Bobo, man I am a huge fan of yours have been for years.....we first met back in Texarkana, Texas in the 90s. Later I finished the Holy Toledo Tri you directed at Toledo Bend Lake (year we had the storm of the century during the race).....hardest damn triathlon I have ever done, including a several Half and Full IM....that thing was great, very sorry to see it go away. My favorite recollection of the Holy Toledo is the pre-race meeting the night before, you may have had a few cold beverages, not sure, but in any event during your explanation of the run course, you eventually gave up describing the turns and twists and ended with "Awe Hell, just go out about 5 miles and turn around and come back...." it was great.

I am appropriately chastised by your post regarding the Pisser, and will attempt to HTFU.

-bobo

bb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bobo wrote:
Do I have to keep re-living this trauma for you sickos? I still see the tumble, all in slow motion...

Length, man, length! Ten inch long Baby Ruth. (I can't eat those anymore either). But no nougat filled "thunk" when it hit the pavement, total "Splat".

-bobo

This thread just keeps on giving. I near split my side laughing!
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Big Duke Six] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's a pro when racing at the highest level you can't see straight at the time of the race. I still think he should have made a better effort but he's racing at all out at the top level. Pro's need more respect in this sport.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [triguy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, he's a pro triathlete not a 4 week old puppy.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bobo wrote:
Just read the thread...THE WHOLE THREAD...I'm now just that much dumber.

As a former middling (piddling?) pro, I have a couple of comments, neither too important:

1. I'm from Louisiana, I suppose piss bothers us less than our more genteel Tenn brethren, but had I witnessed the "offense", I would have commented "F#kin' Texas pissies!". Then I would have grabbed a coupla water bottles and diluted the area. This reduces the smell 100% more than internet bitching. Seriously yer Honor, HTFU.

-bobo

This is probably one of the best stories I have read all year. I'm glad I came back to this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [triguy12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy12 wrote:
He's a pro when racing at the highest level you can't see straight at the time of the race. I still think he should have made a better effort but he's racing at all out at the top level. Pro's need more respect in this sport.

People who piss themselves in public lose my respect more often than gain my respect.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [runnerwv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runnerwv wrote:
Is peeing while on the bike a rules violation? Just curious

Not sure anyone answered this question, I don't know the answer and I am also curious. Peeing on the bike seems widespread and accepted, but is it a violation of any rule?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paula Radcliffe did this in front of BBC cameras at the London Marathon in 2005. She ran 2h17m. Weight matters...

in running..
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [bbryant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTH??? That's it??? Seriously disappointed in how this ended. Hopefully this will at least make a good t-shirt for TRS.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Raw Oyster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I confess. I did not read the ENTIRE thread.

I volunteered in the T1/T2 change tent at Kona last week. We were given specific instructions about anyone, including pros peeing short of involuntary loss of control, and that was to report them and they could be disqualified. There was a set of urinals/troughs in the mens tent, all they had to do was walk forward 10 feet and stand there. (I only saw that prior to the race, not during!)

Suzanne Atkinson, MD
Steel City Endurance Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [SingleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SingleThreat wrote:
runnerwv wrote:

Not sure anyone answered this question, I don't know the answer and I am also curious. Peeing on the bike seems widespread and accepted, but is it a violation of any rule?

Peeling on the bike is a yellow card (warning)
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Run For Money] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Run For Money wrote:
SingleThreat wrote:
runnerwv wrote:

Seriously? I don't buy that. How could that even be enforced? "You peed....no i didnt...whats that...it's water".
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
Run For Money wrote:
SingleThreat wrote:
runnerwv wrote:

Seriously? I don't buy that. How could that even be enforced? "You peed....no i didnt...whats that...it's water".

yes, it's a yellow card. they stop you and mark your bib with p.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:

I mastered the 'arc' in Chattanooga. I think someone posted a How to pee like a Pro video on FB. Roll short leg up, end out, boom, I was pee free and dry as a proverbial bone. I would not have got away with "it was water". The chick behind me was actually impressed, possibly because she wasn't sprayed with piss kicked up from my tire but possibly because she saw how pleased I was with myself and didn't want to ruin my enjoyment.

As a side note, if you go 'to the left' in the US then you risk actually hitting the marshall so ....something to be careful of.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Paula Radcliffe did this in front of BBC cameras at the London Marathon in 2005. She ran 2h17m. Weight matters...

in running..

Like a pro ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6I2-YP42rs

Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My endured trauma event looked nothing like that...

Well done P. Radcliffe.

-bobo

"What's good for me ain't necessarily good for the weak-minded."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jaymz wrote:
NeverEnough wrote:

I mastered the 'arc' in Chattanooga. I think someone posted a How to pee like a Pro video on FB. Roll short leg up, end out, boom, I was pee free and dry as a proverbial bone. I would not have got away with "it was water". The chick behind me was actually impressed, possibly because she wasn't sprayed with piss kicked up from my tire but possibly because she saw how pleased I was with myself and didn't want to ruin my enjoyment.

As a side note, if you go 'to the left' in the US then you risk actually hitting the marshall so ....something to be careful of.

Wouldn't happen to have a link to that video you're talking about?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I had a quick google but couldn't find it amongst a host of others!

Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [bbryant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it makes you feel any better, the RD at Miami 70.3 mentioned, specifically, during the professional meeting that "relieving yourself anywhere other than a porto potty is a DQ offense" or something close to that.

I suppose that shows IMs stance on the pissy subject.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe the Real Starky is trying to interview the culprit. Can't imagine what they will talk about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jaymz wrote:
NeverEnough wrote:

If you race in the states, it is a lot easier if you "dress to the right" so you can go off the side of the road. If you are naturally a "leftie" it can be tough especially in bibs.
Quote Reply

Prev Next