Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi

Has anyone tried to mount a Campagnolo EPS group on their Specialized Shiv tri-version?

I'm running a mechanical Campy Record group on my Shiv Pro size medium today, but would like to have the double gearshift options from the electronic group - and the extra bling :-)

I'm aware of the DI2 mount on the left chainstay, but would obviously go for an internal battery mount with the Campy battery V2 module if possible. Just not sure whether the battery will fit inside the seat stay and if the frame support the EPS wiring kit?

Thanks,
Morten
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody have any new suggestions on the seat post bolt fail? Mine failed at Muskoka 7 September. My LBS here in Austin tried the epoxy fix, which failed, then sent it back to Specialized. I was very pleased with the 2-week turnaround, but after one ride tonight, I noticed the same insert that failed before is sticking out and the sticker that marked my seatpost is scrunched up...as in the seatpost is falling down. I thought I read that they'd come up with a solution that worked. IM Florida is looking like an experiment on a rental...or my road bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if this seat post issue has been resolved in the 2015 model? I just ordered a 2015 Shiv Elite. A little worried about it now after seeing how common it is!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [bathtub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
on that note, does anyone know if it was fixed in the 2014 models?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [hwangnyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't find it, but I read somewhere that frames made after Jan 13 have different inserts. They look the same but are different internally. My frame was made in June 2012. It's on the sticker on the bottom of the top tube if you're wondering.

Again, I can't confirm where I read this, but I'm sure it's on ST somewhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Can only wait and see I guess! You'd think something like that wouldn't be an issue on a $3500+ bike..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have tips on install of di2? Just trying to figure out where to put the battery and how to mount. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [bathtub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bathtub wrote:
Does anyone know if this seat post issue has been resolved in the 2015 model? I just ordered a 2015 Shiv Elite. A little worried about it now after seeing how common it is!

Yes, at least that is what I was told when I got my third frame. As someone stated, they extended the screw around the the seat post for more grip so it does not come sliding out of the frame. I have not messed with mine since I got it, because I haven't had a need to. Thought about loosening it and tightening it to see if there is an issues now that I am done with tri's for the year. I have not heard of any issues on ST for awhile. Check the thread I started on seat post screw fail.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If its an internal battery just mount the battery upside down inside the seatpost - dont worry you will not need the $$ specialized adapter to do this. You can also slide the 3 port commander in the top tube just behind the fuel cell and access it when you need it (rarely). Finally you can mount an external junction box inside the brake cable access panel under the bottom bracket. The reason i say external is all the ports on that model will be facing back into the frame openings.

All of this has been on my Shiv since Feb without issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dannyh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone mounted http://xlab-usa.com/stealth-pocket-500.html to their SHIV?

I see Crowie did it here. http://www.tririg.com/..._Race_Day&num=91

I can't use the hydration tubing due to mouth problems from a surgery. Just curious if anyone has done this and if it involves a modification.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [McBoyler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks pretty simple. Just use the fuel cell hole to mount the front to the frame and a zip tie through the back which would wrap around the top tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why don´t you use the http://xlab-usa.com/stealth-pocket-400.html instead.
The same bag but with velcro.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have this in my seatpost, Shimano's SM-BTR2 internal battery.
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/article/internal-battery-options-for-di2-and-eps-drivetrains-39977/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dannyh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'll try to port commander move this week...I may pm you if have any issues...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anybody know which bar/extention combination Frodeno is using here:

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Schulbub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shiv sworks carbon aerobar and zipp extensions i believe from other pics.

Presumably a sponsor obligation or preference to feel/angle for Frodeno.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same basebar...his extensions are way narrower then mine. Is this a commercially available modification?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [captain hook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arrived yesterday... :-) First Pics. It will fit the UCI Rules, so the Saddle will be 5cm behind the BB und the End of the Shiftern end 80cm in Front of the BB (so i have to cut the Extensions). The Bar will be fixed in the lowest possible Position.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I believe he used the hole from the refill area to mount the front end. For the back he may have reinforced it with velcro that we gave him between the bag and top tube. I can reach out to him and confirm the details if you are interested?

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am very interested. Thank you for the help Candice. I love his set up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heard back from Craig. The Stealth Pocket 400 has 2 sets of holes, one of the holes aligned perfectly with the Fuselage cap so he put a screw w/ washer through there. To reinforce the back he put some double-sided Velcro (about 1-2 inches long) underneath the bag. Then just cut the straps off. He said it was an extremely sturdy setup.

If you wanted to replicate this I would get the Stealth Pocket 500 (so you don't have to cut off the straps) and then use standard double-sided Velcro. If you use anything stronger it may take off some paint when removing.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where is the pic of the set up?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.tririg.com/galleries.php?id=2014_10_Ironman_Hawaii_Race_Day&num=92

Here is the pic of Crowie's set up.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Candice thank you very much! That sounds great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, my first post here, but I am looking to buy a 2014 Shiv Pro Race. Should I be worried about the seat/seat post comments about slipping and bolts breaking? I currently ride a 2012 Cannondale Slice and do all distances up to IM. Do you think I will see an improvement with the Shiv? The last IM course was flat and fast but my next one is likely to be quite hilly. How do you find the shiv climbs? I have read about the mag brakes being hard to adjust and a few comments on brake rub. Is this an issue? I currently use Dura-ace C50 with a powertap and disk cover, but guess the Roval 60mm will be an upgrade too although I will need to look at my power options as I dont believe vectors or stages yet work with carbon cranks?

Many thanks.
Quote Reply

Prev Next