Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Swim trick in open water: Rolling on someone else's back!!! [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoeO wrote:
I think the "when done properly" bit is glossed over here. Remember how many triathletes wait until race day to practice their bike mounts/dismounts? Remember the carnage that results. Now we've got the same thing for the discipline in which you can drown.

Hmm, that would explain the "Assault on the swim" thread...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Swim trick in open water: Rolling on someone else's back!!! [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my athletes don't wait until race day to try something new! i simply cant be held responsible for those that i don't coach!

this Technic is a very good skill to master. Very useful to avoid rough swims/and aggressive swimmers!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Swim trick in open water: Rolling on someone else's back!!! [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was trying that 2 weeks ago.

While I was able to roll over on the first try without issues it was a little more difficult that I imagined.

I'm not ready to do it in a race yet but maybe with a few more sessions.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Swim trick in open water: Rolling on someone else's back!!! [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool move!!
You must have been one hell of a defensive end in high school.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jonnyo wrote:
I often get the feedback from triathlete that they pick the wrong set of feet to follow...or were stock next to a aggressive swimmer, box in, in a bad position etc. My comments is always, why didnt you just move somewhere else. And after years of working with athletes in the lake, it s obvious that many don't know there ''options'' when comes time to move around in a group.

-This is a skill/trick that requires a certain amount of ability/ comfort in the water some better targeted for intermediate to advance swimmers.
-practice, practice, practice
-if done properly...the other swimmer will be UNAWARE of what happen... it won't sink or disturb him.
-it s fun!!!!
-open water is a Art on it s own...... get good at it...there is a lot of speed to be gain.
-yes, i m white!, i got funny googles, and the lake is shallow because i m scare to swim in the deep hand!
-thanks to my wife for playing the ''other swimmers'' no critique of her swimming allowed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaV83jd05r8

Gotta bump this - used it a few times in kona on Saturday - worked really well. Thanks for the tip!

Team Kiwami
Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And if you find a big fella you can stop half way, check the weather adjust goggles get a free ride and then finish the roll 50m from the waters edge...

I have seen this done on the bike too although with less success..
Quote Reply
Re: Swim trick in open water: Rolling on someone else's back!!! [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I roll on a chick in a race do I have to call her tomorrow?
Quote Reply
Re: Swim trick in open water: Rolling on someone else's back!!! [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nah just leave some coins at her T2
Quote Reply
Re: Swim trick in open water: Rolling on someone else's back!!! [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no, that's not her cell # written on her arm. But you could stop and pick some flowers for her on the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joe can we practice this next year at Eagleman?

Re: Swim trick in open water: Rolling on someone else's back!!! [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My nightmare is of hundreds of people doing exactly that! And then practicing their flying mounts in T1!
Last edited by: JoeO: Oct 13, 14 19:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are right Joe , Probably a move best left to a pro field of about 20 and not a wave of 150 AG 'ers

Quote | Reply
JoeO wrote:
My nightmare is of hundreds of people doing exactly that! And then practicing their flying mounts in T1!
But then again racing is rubbing ;0)

Prev Next