Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [micaza75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
micaza75 wrote:
I doubt it was done maliciously. You need to consider intent as well. This guy is racing for a pay check not drunk on the street and peeing in front of someone in the public.

Have you seen the potties at IMs? They are disgusting. Should we be disqualifying the disgusting pigs who make a mess in there? Or do we just accept it and move on?

Its amazing how easily people get offended. Especially all the people on this thread who were not even there.

I don't consider it being easily offended to recoil at someone urinating at the entrance of a changing tent where people are barefoot and in a rush themselves. It is crude and disgusting. And you say you need to consider intent? Really? Do they consider intent when they hand out drafting penalties? There are codes that triathletes are to abide bide and as stated earlier by the OP: 3.3 General Conduct. At or during an event, or while at the event site,
all participants must:
b. Conduct themselves in a manner that is not offensive in any way to
fellow participants, spectators, officials or volunteers and is considered
reasonable and acceptable in the community

and
3.4.1 Endangerment. No participant shall commit any dangerous act which
could cause injury to any participant. Any violation of this Section shall
result in disqualification.

Obviously Mr. Brandon broke these basic rules of conduct regardless of his "intent." And yes! He is racing for a paycheck. In fact is suppose to be professional. Is this how a professional conducts himself? I could forgive a drunk going in the street and understand it better than Mr. Brandon's actions.
Last edited by: Ty: Oct 9, 14 14:13
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Biggs [ In reply to ]
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Biggs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Biggs wrote:
micaza75 wrote:
People do that too. I don't see people making a big deal if a dog pees on the sidewalk or in the park where my kids play.

What about the disgusting pigs who make a mess of the potties at races? DQ them as well or just accept the situation and intent and move on.

Maybe you should return to your bubble and keep it real. You know the bubble where humans make no errors in judgement and are perfect like you.

Oh not the "the dogs do it" analogy. Yes humans make mistakes but when it affects the health, safety and welfare of fellow competitors it should be addressed. This was no an accident on his part it was done with intent and evidently no embarrassment. We have to have rules to keep people like this guy in check. You would think it would be a given to not urinate at the entrance of a changing tent. Or in public at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what of the people who urinate or defecate all over the potties?

Perhaps we should have volunteers check the potties after each use to assess the cleanliness and hygiene of the potties because when I went to use a potty at an event last summer there was faeces all over the place and it was hardly hygienic and I felt that my health and safety was in jeopardy if I used it.

He's human, made a error in judgement, people need to move on.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisbint wrote:
nhmorgan wrote:
Really? I'm the only one that thinks it's distasteful for a judge to use a derogatory term in a public forum. The word clearly equates male weakness with a slang term for female anatomy. It's sexist, period. It's disingenuous to suggest that the word might be intended to be pronounced as to refer to something filled with pus. I just found this to be pretty ironic as the OP is calling for decorum (rightly so in the incident described, but also the case in his own choice of words).

No, the word (in this context) clearly does not have anything to do with the female anatomy. Nor has it anything to do with pus as you have rightly pointed out. Try looking the word up in the online dictionaries whilst remembering the context to which it is in use.

Here is a little help http://english.stackexchange.com/...-come-to-mean-coward

I admire your effort, but it doesn't pass the sniff test. Sometimes words come to mean other things, but you can't ignore their roots. Think saying you got "jewed" or "gyped". Does that mean someone is anti-Semitic or anti-Romani? Not necessarily. However the words obviously come from that and have no place in polite conversation. Likewise with kids using "gay" for anything they don't like. They may not mean homosexual, but that usage is undeniably negative to homosexuals in its roots and shouldn't be used in that manner.

P*ssy comes from a place of ascribing negative attributes to women. Period.

(pun intended)

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DQ him
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:
Ty wrote:
Barrett Brandon's parents should be proud of their son.

My initial thought was to be appalled, like most here seem to be. But, he peed in his pants. He didn't whip it out and let a stream fly. He is welcome to pee in his pants on the swim. He is welcome to pee in his pants on the bike. He is welcome to pee in his pants on the run. If he had peed in his pants in transition while moving through transition, surely there would be no outcry about it. His problem simply is that he stood still and let a little puddle form. Surely it would have been better for him to not do it this way, but upon reflection I see this as less of an inexcusable offense as the OP and others.

Was thinking the same thing. The OP kind of made it sound like he stood in the opening of the change tent, whipped it out and started pissing on the floor.
What he did is really no worse than all the women pissing on the chairs they are sitting on, that other women expect to be able to sit on....
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree, i think most of us have been guilty of pissing in the tent before with shorts/onesie on...
If he whipped it out, its another matter, no one really wants to see that...

Usually do it only in T1, as i take off wet suit and usually seated....no whipping out
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it was not worthy of confronting him at the time or notifying an official at the time, I'm not sure it's fair to call him out by name now, although your overall point seems fair.
Last edited by: cwhyte: Oct 9, 14 15:35
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [cwhyte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cwhyte wrote:
If it was not worthy of confronting him at the time or notifying an official at the time, I'm not sure it's fair to call him out by name now, athlough your overall point seems fair.

Agree, shouldn't have call him out by name, he is not the only guilty one on this board to have done that!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cwhyte wrote:
If it was not worthy of confronting him at the time or notifying an official at the time, I'm not sure it's fair to call him out by name now, although your overall point seems fair.

This was already addressed in earlier posts. The volunteers said it happened so fast and they were shocked. They did look for an official but they didn't have one around and then he was gone.

The OP said that he entered the tent and stood in the doorway and did it in clear view of all to see. He did not wait and even attempt to go to the side or where he was changing. He did it in doorway where every athlete entering barefoot would step in his waste. It is crude, rude, unsanitary and depending on what bugs this guy might have even dangerous. I would think WTC would have some rules regarding basic sanitation and if not should be reported to the health department. If they are unwilling to self-enforce maybe someone else should.
Besides just because you have done it doesn't make it ok. It may seem ok to you but it isn't ok. Against the rules of conduct.
Last edited by: Ty: Oct 9, 14 15:54
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ty wrote:
cwhyte wrote:

This was already addressed in earlier posts. The volunteers said it happened so fast and they were shocked. They did look for an official but they didn't have one around and then he was gone.

The OP said that he entered the tent and stood in the doorway and did it in clear view of all to see. He did not wait and even attempt to go to the side or where he was changing. He did it in doorway where every athlete entering barefoot would step in his waste. It is crude, rude, unsanitary and depending on what bugs this guy might have even dangerous. I would think WTC would have some rules regarding basic sanitation and if not should be reported to the health department. If they are unwilling to self-enforce maybe someone else should.
Besides just because you have done it doesn't make it ok. It may seem ok to you but it isn't ok. Against the rules of conduct.

If they knew the guy's name, I would think they could have still reported it to an official eventually, given multiple witnesses, and then the official could have still dealt with it. I'm still struggling with posting it here by name. Maybe I'm still missing some details.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could not care less about piss in the tent but as a participant of IM Chatt I want to know who SHIT on the overpass wall by the blue water tower. That I have a problem with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you read the entire post it details the attempts that have been made to contact WTC and the contact with USAT on this. Its not as if they just called him out on the board with no attempt at any other communication.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, but that is not against the race rules (insert sarcasm here).
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [micaza75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
micaza75 wrote:
Humans do that too and you could probably find some examples on this thing called the internet.

So get off your high horse and realize that his intent was not malicious and he was doing, right or wrong, what he thought was best to earn a pay check!!!

Must be a fun place where you work.....
I bet you get used to the smell and the slippery floors......

Otherwise:

From the descriptions what goes on inside changing tents I am really happy that I do not bother to spend any time in them.
Fondly remember the days without the pee and modesty tents....
And chairs in transitions were only allowed for disabled competitors..

The sport has regressed in a big way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7ofClubs wrote:
I could not care less about piss in the tent but as a participant of IM Chatt I want to know who SHIT on the overpass wall by the blue water tower. That I have a problem with.

missed that one (thankfully). seriously? there were aid stations every 500ft with port o potties
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
7ofClubs wrote:

It was this guy......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk6QZY5G_b8
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
While I may agree with your point, how did you respond and what steps did you take? I think it is highly inappropriate to call out a pro athlete several weeks after an event on a public forum IF (you apparently didn't) you did not address it with race officials/the athlete/volunteer captain/other authority first. IF you did none of the above, I unfortunately think your post may be as inappropriate as his conduct.

You are a douche. You are seriously taking issue with a volunteer calling someone for acting completely inappropriately? So if someone does not immediately take action with inappropriate behavior it is not their fault.

Let me just say again, you are huge douche.

WTC should ban this pro for at least a year. You should leave this forum in shame.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [DaveRoche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DaveRoche wrote:
I think some slack should be cut in this instance. He is racing and his brain is red-lined, it's not like he is making a rational cost-benefit decision to offend people. .

So he is a "prefessional" doing his job. So, "professionals" should be excused for inappropriate behavior while they are "working". This is just further confirmation that "professional" triathletes are mostly a joke, they are into total bush league stuff like this.

What he did would almost be no different than me taking a piss in the middle of the conference room at work because I was late for an important meeting with the CEO.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G-man wrote:
I love the logic here. It is ok for all 100 swimmers to pee in the pool (according to countless ST threads). Where you slosh around in it, get it in your mouth, eyes, nose and swallow some. But one guy pees on the ground where it sinks into the soil and 3/4 of the STers think that is just gross that they have to run over it.

You understand adverse selection right?
A minority of people think its okay to pee in the pool, but they happen to be very vocal about it, so it would appear to be acceptable if you read the threads.
I consider it completely unacceptable and have never done it, but also never bother to participate in threads about it.
I'll admit I peed in my wetsuit one time in like 50 races, it was kind of an emergency and I couldn't do anything else. I am still embarrassed that I did it.

However, I don't know of any other sport where there are so many stories about peeing in the pool, peeing yourself in the bike, peeing in chairs in changing tents.

I mean seriously, do people here ever take a look in the mirror and think about having some freaking self respect?
I did one IM, I stopped 3 times on the bike to pee in a portajohn, but people here convince themselves it is worth peeing
on yourself or on a chair to save 2 minutes in a 12 hour race. Truly the land of narcissists.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brooks, it's so funny that you bring that up. I JUST heard Bobby McGee tell that story while we were leading a camp at the OTC in the Springs - last weekend. It was in a psych presentation and the way Bobby told it was something like this: Rowdy Gains couldn't compete in the 1980 Games in Moscow due to Carter's boycott. So, during Gains' "break" some young dude broke one of Rowdy's records. Clock ticks around to '84 in LA and Rowdy is on the blocks right next to the younger, faster swimmer - I think this was for hte 100 free. Rowdy intentionally false starts (you used to get one, now they don't get any) and while swimming back to the blocks he ducks under the lane rope, into the kids lane and then pops and says to him on the pool deck, "I just pissed in your lane". That was intended to psych him out and I can see it working.

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
G-man wrote:
I love the logic here. It is ok for all 100 swimmers to pee in the pool (according to countless ST threads). Where you slosh around in it, get it in your mouth, eyes, nose and swallow some. But one guy pees on the ground where it sinks into the soil and 3/4 of the STers think that is just gross that they have to run over it.

You understand adverse selection right?
A minority of people think its okay to pee in the pool, but they happen to be very vocal about it, so it would appear to be acceptable if you read the threads.
I consider it completely unacceptable and have never done it, but also never bother to participate in threads about it.
I'll admit I peed in my wetsuit one time in like 50 races, it was kind of an emergency and I couldn't do anything else. I am still embarrassed that I did it.

However, I don't know of any other sport where there are so many stories about peeing in the pool, peeing yourself in the bike, peeing in chairs in changing tents.

I mean seriously, do people here ever take a look in the mirror and think about having some freaking self respect?
I did one IM, I stopped 3 times on the bike to pee in a portajohn, but people here convince themselves it is worth peeing
on yourself or on a chair to save 2 minutes in a 12 hour race. Truly the land of narcissists.

I did Ironman Coeur d'Alene in 16:52:56. I peed on the bike about 4-5 times. Peeing on the bike literally made me an Ironman (and coke and chicken broth).
Last edited by: GatorDeb: Oct 10, 14 0:31
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [GatorDeb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would only be offended by what he did, if while standing there peeing, he let out nice long "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:

Since we're already so off topic... you would buy an aero helmet for hundreds of dollars to save 2 minutes, but wouldn't piss yourself for free to save 2 minutes?

If you want to make a stand against peeing yourself on principle, fine, no judgement there... but if you've spent (likely a lot of) money on go fast goodies, don't use the "worth it" argument.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next