Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Biggs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barrett Brandon's parents should be proud of their son.
Last edited by: Ty: Oct 9, 14 9:25
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
nickwisconsin wrote:
nhmorgan wrote:
Quote:
Slowman asked me to give some identifying information as I was a first time poster and I had made a specific allegation against a specific person, its only fair, and I agree, don't be a p*ssy and hide behind anonymity, .....so I did.
bb

Whilst we're on the subject of public decency, how about avoiding such sexist language. Is it unfair to expect more from such "august" members?

Miriam-Webster refers to the slang version of "pussy" as meaning a weak or cowardly man or boy. So unless you are referring to the sexism of calling men or boys weak or corwardly, then you are off base here.

There are other uses of the word including the adjective to describe pus, a vulgar term for female body part, or a feline.

There is an old joke in medicine. How do you spell "pussy"? P-I-R-U-L-E-N-T.

Was the joke also that you spelled "Purulent" wrong? ;)

No. Just a typo. Hitting shift key, -, and alternating letters. The u is next to the i. Want me to correct it or would that ruin the fun?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [nhmorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nhmorgan wrote:
You're incorrect. Check the OED and I will leave it at that. I'd rather not get into a discussion of semantics on a triathlon board. As to why it matters that it's a judge? As I mentioned before, it's ironic in the context of the original post and his being referred to as an august member of the community.

No prob. However, aren't semantics driving your concern in the first place (pussy = vagina vs pussy = weak/timid/etc)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nhmorgan wrote:
You're incorrect. Check the OED and I will leave it at that. I'd rather not get into a discussion of semantics on a triathlon board. As to why it matters that it's a judge? As I mentioned before, it's ironic in the context of the original post and his being referred to as an august member of the community.

What is ironic that you quote context above and yet to fail to see the context to which the word pussy is used.

I cannot access OED, you need to a subscription it seems. Princeton apparently has the details though http://www.princeton.edu/...100k/docs/Pussy.html, which gives us this;

Pussy is an English word meaning:

In all honesty, I don't need it. Let's consider the 2 sentences below;

1. Check out her pussy!

2. You pussy, why won't you jump from that ledge!.

Which context is most similar to that in use in the statement you are referring to. Answer anything but 2 and you are clearly in denial. Even 1 is ambiguous and could mean female genitalia or just a plain moggy.

You are attempting to argue the usage of a word because of an incorrect assumption about how it is being used. Remember, context is king.

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whenever I hear about someone peeing in a race I always think about this.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
nhmorgan wrote:

No prob. However, aren't semantics driving your concern in the first place (pussy = vagina vs pussy = weak/timid/etc)

You know, it's more that I figured that it would be pretty obvious and wouldn't require derailing a thread. However, would you expect to hear a judge use the term in a courtroom? See, it's not only a distinction between connotation and denotation and the constellation of shared meanings. Nor is it solely a question of whether the word specifically derives its meaning as a metaphor. The word has a history of being used to refer to (to quote the OED) "A sweet or effeminate male. Also a homosexual," in addition to its common an course usage to refer both to women's genitalia or as synecdoche for a woman as a sexual object. What is also clear is that the etymology of the word is not derived from pusillanimous.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisbint wrote:
nhmorgan wrote:

What is ironic that you quote context above and yet to fail to see the context to which the word pussy is used.

I cannot access OED, you need to a subscription it seems. Princeton apparently has the details though http://www.princeton.edu/...100k/docs/Pussy.html, which gives us this;

1. Check out her pussy!

Which context is most similar to that in use in the statement you are referring to. Answer anything but 2 and you are clearly in denial. Even 1 is ambiguous and could mean female genitalia or just a plain moggy.

You are attempting to argue the usage of a word because of an incorrect assumption about how it is being used. Remember, context is king.

What do you think the third definition is derived from? If you can't see the connection / derivative from definition #2 and is meant as a degradtion to someone's manhood by comparing them to a woman's genitalia, I can't help you.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
chrisbint wrote:
nhmorgan wrote:

1. Check out her pussy!

What do you think the third definition is derived from? If you can't see the connection / derivative from definition #2 and is meant as a degration to someone's manhood by comparing them to a woman's genitalia, I can't help you.

No, I am sorry, I can't. Can you show me your references to where this derivation is documented. Or is it just an assumption. OED which is becoming the defacto reference in this thread does not appear to have any entry that implies this.

It's okay, I don't need your help.

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Last edited by: chrisbint: Oct 9, 14 10:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nhmorgan wrote:
NeverEnough wrote:
nhmorgan wrote:

You know, it's more that I figured that it would be pretty obvious and wouldn't require derailing a thread. However, would you expect to hear a judge use the term in a courtroom? See, it's not only a distinction between connotation and denotation and the constellation of shared meanings. Nor is it solely a question of whether the word specifically derives its meaning as a metaphor. The word has a history of being used to refer to (to quote the OED) "A sweet or effeminate male. Also a homosexual," in addition to its common an course usage to refer both to women's genitalia or as synecdoche for a woman as a sexual object. What is also clear is that the etymology of the word is not derived from pusillanimous.

nhmorgan, I apologize if the use of "p*ssy" offended you as being sexist. that was not my intent at all, and I assume out of the some 15000+ folks who viewed this thread the ratio of the offended is essentially, well 1 in 15,000. perhaps I should have said "don't be a sniveling little whiner and hide behind anonymity." But then I guess I would have offended short or small people or maybe folks with a nasal twang in their speech patterns. The point was I agree with Slowman, people online should not make specific allegations against specific people and then attempt to remain anonymous. My job has nothing to do with it, and I still think its inappropriate to urinate in the change tent, even if urine is sterile...or not.....

bb
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ty wrote:
Barrett Brandon's parents should be proud of their son.

My initial thought was to be appalled, like most here seem to be. But, he peed in his pants. He didn't whip it out and let a stream fly. He is welcome to pee in his pants on the swim. He is welcome to pee in his pants on the bike. He is welcome to pee in his pants on the run. If he had peed in his pants in transition while moving through transition, surely there would be no outcry about it. His problem simply is that he stood still and let a little puddle form. Surely it would have been better for him to not do it this way, but upon reflection I see this as less of an inexcusable offense as the OP and others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Biggs wrote:
micaza75 wrote:
its only urine. dogs pee all over the place. beach, parks and nobody has any issues. a human pees and its a catastrophe!!

get real.

Dogs also screw all over the place....beaches, parks, etc. So according to your logic, that's okay for human behavior also??? Why don't you get real?

And lick their own buttholes, eat any animal shit they find laying around, etc. The "but dogs do it!" excuse is perhaps the funniest part of this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe IMFL has the changing area inside a hotel conference room. Someone peeing in there would really make for a great thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [bbryant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it was grass and he washed himself with a water bottle would it matter? I pissed myself in a grass floor penalty tent right outside T2 as I was serving a 4 minute penalty. As I was doing it, I was dumping an entire bottle of water on myself. How is this different than pissing in your wetsuit at the swim start or pissing on the bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nhmorgan wrote:
NeverEnough wrote:
nhmorgan wrote:

No, I would not expect to hear a judge use that in a courtroom.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisbint wrote:
Power13 wrote:
chrisbint wrote:
nhmorgan wrote:

1. Check out her pussy!

What do you think the third definition is derived from? If you can't see the connection / derivative from definition #2 and is meant as a degration to someone's manhood by comparing them to a woman's genitalia, I can't help you.

No, I am sorry, I can't. Can you show me your references to where this derivation is documented. Or is it just an assumption. OED which is becoming the defacto reference in this thread does not appear to have any entry that implies this.

It's okay, I don't need your help.

Well, you clearly do since you are either being incredibly naive or intentionally obtuse.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [ds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ds wrote:
I believe IMFL has the changing area inside a hotel conference room. Someone peeing in there would really make for a great thread.

You're right ( I forgot that they moved it inside at some point). I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

Maybe I should bring them a tarp.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ds wrote:

I thought they didn't worry about stalls or port-o-johns at IMFL?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ds wrote:

It's not too late! People can still go! (To IMFL, and at IMFL :) )

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Yanti Ardie of Y Tri Multisport & Majick Juice for lasting critter defense & skin soothing
~ World Open Water Swimming Association Coach & Official
~ IRONMAN Certified Coach (Founding Member)
~ Triathlon Australia Professional Development Coach
~ 3 by the Sea: my Journey from death to ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nhmorgan wrote:
NeverEnough wrote:
nhmorgan wrote:

First, he didn't "say" anything, he wrote it. Secondly, he didn't actually put the "u" in the word, he used an *, which is like saying "the f-word" instead of "fuc___" well, you get my point. Thirdly, I thought "p*ssy" was "pissy" (not really, but being argumentative). Fourthly, triathletes in lycra crying foul about decency...that is truly ironic!!

I think we should go after the british for there misuse of their word for cigarette!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't anyone here watch The League????? "Once the pee train's off the station there's no turning back"

I would post a video clip if I had any talent.

Judge, so you witnessed and event and immediately find the perp guilty without any questioning or cross examination? Just asking..
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I doubt it was done maliciously. You need to consider intent as well. This guy is racing for a pay check not drunk on the street and peeing in front of someone in the public.

Have you seen the potties at IMs? They are disgusting. Should we be disqualifying the disgusting pigs who make a mess in there? Or do we just accept it and move on?

Its amazing how easily people get offended. Especially all the people on this thread who were not even there.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Humans do that too and you could probably find some examples on this thing called the internet.

Have you ever looked in a potty at an IM event half way through? Maybe we should DQ all those disgusting pigs for making a mess in there. I bet you a dog wouldn't even go to the bathroom in one of those. Or we could just accept that people make mistakes and move on.

How about if someone spits or vomits or sneezes some phlem on the ground or blows their nose in transition...........DQ them as well? you can control all those bodily functions some way or another.

So get off your high horse and realize that his intent was not malicious and he was doing, right or wrong, what he thought was best to earn a pay check!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People do that too. I don't see people making a big deal if a dog pees on the sidewalk or in the park where my kids play.

What about the disgusting pigs who make a mess of the potties at races? DQ them as well or just accept the situation and intent and move on.

Maybe you should return to your bubble and keep it real. You know the bubble where humans make no errors in judgement and are perfect like you.
Last edited by: micaza75: Oct 9, 14 13:55
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [micaza75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, many different reactions to this topic. Could someone subject this to the scientific method; go to a tent, stand in the entrance and piss on the floor. Take a survey of those helping out and the guests at the wedding, graduation, outing, bar mitzvah, company picnic, your local triathlon, etc., and see if this is just what people with a full bladder, and in a hurry, do.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [micaza75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your comparisons are amusing. I was responding to the comment that it's ok for a human do to X in public, b/c a dog does X in public. What that has to do with golden shower fetish sites on the internet, I have no idea. Behind closed doors, he can piss himself to his heart's desire. And yeah, sneezing in transition is identical to running pasta a porta-potty, only to stop and take a piss in the doorway. Exactly the same. You got me.

I never even said he should have been DQ'd. I just find it poor form and low class.
Last edited by: mbwallis: Oct 9, 14 14:01
Quote Reply

Prev Next