Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
It was answered above. He didn't whip it out. He stood there with his legs slightly spread and dropped a puddle.

This happened with a female pro in a penalty tent at an IM race in the past. IIRC, the head referee was pretty pissed off (ha) about it and read her the riot act. (Which may be where the no peeing rule came from).

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
Totally agree. Swim lines for a TT start are always one big piss river, and I tend to contribute.

The only thing I question here is it appears porta-potties were right there.

Yes. I was in Nooga as well and there were porta-potties right there. In more than one place very close by.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
Totally agree. Swim lines for a TT start are always one big piss river, and I tend to contribute.

Yes, it's always an odd feeling standing there talking to someone secretly pissing down your leg.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [PaperChase] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PaperChase wrote:
While spectating IM Wisconsin a couple years ago, I (and dozens of spectators and participants) witnessed an age grouper piss himslelf while walking out of Monona Terrace outside T2. All around him were porta loos - he could have walked a few steps and finished up in one of them. It was embarrasing to watch. I'm sure some of the athletes walked through it and it was done in the open, not behind the closed doors of a transition area.

Peeing on yourself on the run is pretty common. What's wrong with that?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just be careful of hot races. Wouldn't want a "trucker bomb" situation in transition.
http://www.nydailynews.com/...em-article-1.1050862
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
mbwallis wrote:

Yes, it's always an odd feeling standing there talking to someone secretly pissing down your leg.

IMCHOO TT line was very wet. All They had to do was take 2 steps to the right and they could have pee'd on the grass. But they stood right on the pathway and pee'd. I saw this in IMLOU so I stopped at Dollar General and got a $1 pair of flip flops.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [caveAllen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
caveAllen wrote:
ChrisM wrote:
mbwallis wrote:

IMCHOO TT line was very wet. All They had to do was take 2 steps to the right and they could have pee'd on the grass. But they stood right on the pathway and pee'd. I saw this in IMLOU so I stopped at Dollar General and got a $1 pair of flip flops.

Yes. I had the decency at NOLA and milwaukee to at least pee on the grass
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
mbwallis wrote:
It was answered above. He didn't whip it out. He stood there with his legs slightly spread and dropped a puddle.

This happened with a female pro in a penalty tent at an IM race in the past. IIRC, the head referee was pretty pissed off (ha) about it and read her the riot act. (Which may be where the no peeing rule came from).

No. The head ref was pissed on! *rim shot*

Paul
Current Top 2:
7 Things Non-cyclists Should Know About Road Cycling
The GORUCK Challenge Ruined My Life
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [bbryant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not cool, but the port a jon lines at the aid stations were incredible, they should have had double the number available. seriously a line of 5 to 8 riders at each stop
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:
Ass Pennies!

I checked the results, I had my fingers crossed that there was a Bellamy in the race.

Bellamy wasn't in the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A. This Thread

and

B. The perpetrators; both need nicknames.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
not cool, but the port a jon lines at the aid stations were incredible, they should have had double the number available. seriously a line of 5 to 8 riders at each stop

Doubt they were very busy for the 4th finisher overall at T2 though.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uhhh, good point
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who hasn't pissed in a changing tent? *Looks around*
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So is urine sterile or not sterile?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bbryant wrote:
Barrett Brandon was an embarrassment to himself and all of the
volunteers, several of whom who were forced to literally step back to
avoid getting splashed with his urine. I was embarrassed and outraged. I
am not sure if anything can be done to Mr. Brandon at this point. But
this sort of conduct by the Professional athletes or anyone else should
not be tolerated.

I see you take urine very seriously.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Jordan45] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are american when outside the porta potty , what are you when inside the porta potty?..........................................................
YOUR-A-PEE-IN

Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
... IF (you apparently didn't) you did not address it with race officials/the athlete/volunteer captain/other authority first.

What would you say to the guy? Urine in big trouble now mister?

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#pissgate

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PissMan
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is up there with the most entertaining thread in years
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
#pissgate

No. Gate is hauled out and attached by simpleton journalists to things every time they want to try and imply it's a bigger thing than it is. It jumped the shark about two days after Watergate was over and anyone using it from here on out should be dragged over sandpaper and salt. Twice.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
DaveRoche wrote:
I think some slack should be cut in this instance. He is racing and his brain is red-lined.

A pro that trains on average 20+ ours a week, 5-1/2 hours into a race, performed at a upper zone 2 intensity is redlined? Really?

I know I had a pretty clear mind as I pissed on the bike around mile 108 in my IM. Talking to others later... the same downhill was a common place to "relax" near the end of the ride.

That being said... given the nature of the pace line the pro's were in, peeing on the bike might have been a little challenging without falling back to the end of the line.

HAW HAW

Now it's a Kerfuffle with a capital K.

Pissing in changing tent chair<punching woman racer<pissing on change tent floor<being paced by gorilla<drafting.

That about cover it?

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just for the record ...

When I went into the changing tent at Metaman at Bintan in Indonesia (half and full races, huge prize purses, always a good pro lineup) ...

It was T2 and someone had just smoked an entire cigarette in the tent. The butt was on the floor, the tent was full of smoke, and I honestly would much rather get peed on than have to breathe that shit while changing. I went outside once I had the particulars covered over to finish changing (despite that being against the rules).

I know this is SE Asia, but come on, people!

It was raining outside. However, I did used to be a smoker, and believe me a true addict can get one lit and smoked in a hurricane if need be. So WTF?!

Yanti Ardie of Y Tri Multisport & Majick Juice for lasting critter defense & skin soothing
~ World Open Water Swimming Association Coach & Official
~ IRONMAN Certified Coach (Founding Member)
~ Triathlon Australia Professional Development Coach
~ 3 by the Sea: my Journey from death to ...
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [TriAya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Smoking in a tent wrong. So what is your point? Comparing gauche behavior? Urinating in a changing tent is unacceptable regardless. Especially when there were bathrooms right there. This guy was wrong. He created a safety hazard for other competitors and was inconsiderate beyond belief.

The guy should have at the least received a penalty and at best DQ'd. If athletes can't act like human beings, if their race in their mind supersedes all else, or if his brain was "too red-lined" as someone suggested then I suggest that he might want to find a new profession.
This guy is supposedly doing his job. Would it be acceptable for a professional basketball player to urinate while sitting on the bench?
Quote Reply

Prev Next