Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:
I have to facepalm at the idea that we are wondering if pissing on the floor of the changing tent MAY NOT be against the rules. Holy hell. This is why we have hand holding for every single thing in our country now.

lol This

Paul
Current Top 2:
7 Things Non-cyclists Should Know About Road Cycling
The GORUCK Challenge Ruined My Life
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [bbryant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I have never posted on slowtwitch before, although I read the forum fairly regularly, so in the interest of full disclosure, my name is Barry Bryant, I use my salary as U.S. Magistrate Judge to support my triathlon habit. Several members of my local club volunteered at Chattanooga and worked the Men's Change Tent in order to be able to sign up for next year.

bb
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:
I have to facepalm at the idea that we are wondering if pissing on the floor of the changing tent MAY NOT be against the rules. Holy hell. This is why we have hand holding for every single thing in our country now.

While agree with the sentiment and wording if it was outside the tent then my shoes would have been already on and I am sure I have stepped in piss before in shoes on Bourbon Street, bar bathrooms, and pretty much every gas station bathroom I have ever been in so not that big of a deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
While I may agree with your point, how did you respond and what steps did you take? I think it is highly inappropriate to call out a pro athlete several weeks after an event on a public forum IF (you apparently didn't) you did not address it with race officials/the athlete/volunteer captain/other authority first. IF you did none of the above, I unfortunately think your post may be as inappropriate as his conduct.

So, you think the statute of limitations for pissing on the changing tent floor is less than a month?! Assuming this happened, it is so disgusting that a public reprimand is hardly sufficient punishment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bbryant wrote:
Hey, I have never posted on slowtwitch before, although I read the forum fairly regularly, so in the interest of full disclosure, my name is Barry Bryant, I use my salary as U.S. Magistrate Judge to support my triathlon habit. Several members of my local club volunteered at Chattanooga and worked the Men's Change Tent in order to be able to sign up for next year.

Just make sure you don't do anything on here like this guy!

http://www.nbcnews.com/...tion-details-n201391
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [jjabr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's probably urban legend but way back in the day, swimmers could false start and not get DQ'd (not sure how far back that happened). Legend was, swimmers would swim back in next guys lane, get out and tell the dude he just pissed in his lane. I'm going to steal a Starky commentary, but the mental gymnastics must have been fun to watch.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having only raced IMLP a couple times, I am not an IM veteran. But this thread seems to imply that there is not a urinal in the changing tent at all IMs. Is this true about IMCHOO or did he just decide that the latrine was to far away?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [teamjackass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teamjackass wrote:
You have obviously spent way too much time worrying about this bb. As I always say, "If you ain't cheaten, you ain't racin."
Wrong. So you believe we should just let it go. When you state that he "spent way too much time worrying about this" you are attempting to dismiss his valid complaint and make it as if he is making a big deal out of a small infraction.

Some of us chose to live in a society where we do have some rules. Of. Decency. Civility. And. Yes. Even in a triathlon. Even in the heat of competition.

It is not like he did not have control of his bodily functions. That is completely different. We can all recall the various endurance events when control was lost by a competitor. This is an accident. An embarrassing accident.

Brandon's urinating upon arriving at the changing tent was not. It was a rude, embarrassing disgusting act of self-centeredness.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In case any of us need to take this discussion to the twitter let's all use the hashtag #pissgate for code. lol

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:
Run For Money wrote:
Little odd, never seen someone urinate in a changing tent lol. Doesn't really bother me since I pee on my bike, but would hate to be a volunteer in that tent after that.

I can't understand why he wouldn't just wait and piss on the bike or at least do it running out of T1.

I guess it sounds like he pissed in the tent during T2; but totally agree, go on the bike, or worse case go while you are running..
EDIT: He should have gotten a yellow card (no pun intended) Urinating from the bike or in transition zones

Continue with piss-gate
Last edited by: Run For Money: Oct 8, 14 10:33
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [DaveRoche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DaveRoche wrote:
Gosh, I've pooped on the side of a trail a few times during races, which is gross and horrible, but it made sense at the time.

I gotta ask: was the race distance too far to risk sacrificing a sock? Can't remember how many times I've finished a 15+ miler in the woods/country with only one sock on.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Run For Money] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GEORGE: I was there! I saw a drain!
ELAINE: Since when is a drain a toilet?!
GEORGE: It's all pipes! What's the difference?!
ELAINE: Different pipes go to different places! You're gonna mix 'em up!
GEORGE: I'll call a plumber right now! <Goes for the phone.
JERRY: Alright, can we just drop all the pee-pipe stuff here?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:
Ass Pennies!

"I never had to walk through *their* piss, it gives me a little edge."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bbryant wrote:
I did not confront the guy, nor did anyone else....but the more I thought about it the more "pissed" off I became.....its just uncalled for is all.

bb
Its better to be pissed off than pissed on. I'm not sure where walking through piss falls on the spectrum though...

Powertap / Cycleops / Saris
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ty wrote:
turningscrews wrote:
Thank God urine is sterile, you could drink it if you had to. Crazy fact for the day, there are greater than 1 million microorganisms in a gram of dirt; if you want a sterile changing environment, ain't gunna happen.

Good grief. You must have received your medical degree from dr. google. Urine. Sterile. Lol!

Even the healthiest of people have some bacteria in their urine. There is nothing "sterile" about urine.

Wrong again...the urine in your bladder is indeed sterile unless you have a UTI. You rinse the epithelia of your urethra when you urinate (that's a basic concept with regards to the innate immune system creating a barrier to infection if you have ever taken an immunology course), which would contribute to bacteria in the urine of an individual that does not have a UTI. That's why a mid-stream catch must be performed to properly diagnose a UTI by measuring bacteria in the urine.

If you want to play this game because you are an internet bully, go right ahead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bbryant wrote:
Hey, I have never posted on slowtwitch before, although I read the forum fairly regularly, so in the interest of full disclosure, my name is XXXXXXXX, I use my salary as XXXXXXXXXXX to support my triathlon habit. Several members of my local club volunteered at Chattanooga and worked the Men's Change Tent in order to be able to sign up for next year.

Seriously buddy, that was not your smartest move. Judge or not. I would never have given out that much information. You might want to try to delete and censor as I have done when quoting you. Maybe PM slowman and try to get that deleted. Soon. Next time just say something like "I'm in a legal profession". I'm in a legal type profession and I never say what it is specifically because the internet and forums can burn you if you're not careful.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couple things. When I ran into transition (in my socks) at IMCHOO I was hopping and skipping over and around puddles to find a chair that had no fluid on it and a safe place to set my bag down. I'm not a huge fan of other peoples body fluids but it is a race and some people when they get off their bike after 5 hours they may not be able to hold it. I like it when they have the portable urinals in the tents, except the one time I dropped my nutrition bag in it (I thought for 1 sec should I grab it :)). The other thing about IMCHOO was it was an asphalt floor so it allowed the fluids to remain pooled.

Peeing on purpose in change tent: Totally Unacceptable.
Unable to control peeing: It happens.

FYI I Pee'd in the Honey Bucket and it took 11 seconds if you really care.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [MapleSyrupFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well the pro is aware of this thread....someone tweeted him a heads up and he replied with a "thanks for the heads up", so perhaps we will get the other side of the story as well.

I was initially alarmed when I saw the judge post his name and position, but then realized it really isnt that big of a deal. At some point, one of the ST sleuths would have figured it out anyway.

Bbryant: Did he just run in and whip it out and start peeing on the ground? Did he at least try to get out of the way, off to the side?? I don't care how redlined you are...I am pretty sure he would have been DQd had that been seen by an official....at least he should have been.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [teamjackass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teamjackass wrote:
You have obviously spent way too much time worrying about this bb. As I always say, "If you ain't cheaten, you ain't racin."

Your 1st post is also the dumbest one I've read today. Congrats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is peeing while on the bike a rules violation? Just curious

"Keep those feet moving!" Me
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:
teamjackass wrote:

Your 1st post is also the dumbest one I've read today. Congrats.

but it's perfectly fitting for his/her username, no?
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [MapleSyrupFast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see no problem whatsoever with the identifying information; it adds a tremendous amount of credibility to the description of an event that calls out for public shaming. How exactly will he be "burned" by demanding that professional triathletes adhere to minimal standards of decency? Plus, I'm a litigator and have quite a bit of experience appearing before U.S. magistrate judges; whatever negative statements may be made in this thread are really nothing compared to what he likely deals with on a daily basis.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [runnerwv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see a number of people that are bent out of shape about the prospect of stepping in someone else's urine, but not a single mention of swimming - face first - through a warm, buoyant current of swim-start urine. Is diluted urine splashing across your face truly less outrageous than potential urine underfoot?

Priorities, people! It's time we ban swim-start urination.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think its much more than just the possibility of stepping in someone's piss.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I volunteered in the women's tent. I lost count of the number of women who sat down and urinated in the chairs. At a few were FOP's and had some accidental urine leakage due to childbirth/pelvic floor issues. Most were apologetic. One had accidental leakage and then asked if she could finish peeing. The rest just sat down and peed--a lot (as in a lot of women and a lot of urine). One women peed and then spent forever in transition changing and then talking to friends afterwards.. The accidental pees I get, but the intentional peeing when the port-a-potties were right outside of transition I don't understand.
Quote Reply

Prev Next