Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Run For Money] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Run For Money wrote:
Little odd, never seen someone urinate in a changing tent lol. Doesn't really bother me since I pee on my bike, but would hate to be a volunteer in that tent after that.

I can't understand why he wouldn't just wait and piss on the bike or at least do it running out of T1.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [bbryant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess is that since you can get naked and do a dance in the tent, the rule 3.3 likely won't apply. I'm not sure Rule 3.4.1 applies either, else you'd have to hand out penalties for people that spilled a water bottle in the tent.

Whereas I don't condone or even appreciate the dude's behavior, I also don't think that there's a clear rule against it.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trust me, it happened...I was there also in the tent as a volunteer. To be honest, we were all shocked someone would do this and quite frankly it happened so fast there wasn't a whole lot we could do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
While I may agree with your point, how did you respond and what steps did you take? I think it is highly inappropriate to call out a pro athlete several weeks after an event on a public forum IF (you apparently didn't) you did not address it with race officials/the athlete/volunteer captain/other authority first. IF you did none of the above, I unfortunately think your post may be as inappropriate as his conduct.
I disagree. Maybe the volunteers were so shocked and incredulous that they did not respond in the moment. And like he said, maybe it just kept grating on them and it built up and they came here to share (vent) about this professionals disgusting behavior. It is such self centered disgusting immature behavior I believe even an eight year old would understand this is unacceptable.

Maybe calling Brandon out on this public forum is a way of altering future behavior. If they sent him a personal letter he would not be publically called out. Maybe in todays society, with certain people this is what it takes.

There is another post where people are basically bashing Andrew Starky for his interview. But it seems like you people here are willing to give Brandon a pass? Make excuses? Laugh it off?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He may race as a "pro", but he is no professional.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [jonesylaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
really...not a rule violation?? Read again 3.3
General Conduct. At or during an event, or while at the event site,
all participants must:
b. Conduct themselves in a manner that is not offensive in any way to
fellow participants, spectators, officials or volunteers and is considered
reasonable and acceptable in the community

peeing in public does not met this definition
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [jonesylaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jonesylaw wrote:
really...not a rule violation?? Read again 3.3
General Conduct. At or during an event, or while at the event site,
all participants must:
b. Conduct themselves in a manner that is not offensive in any way to
fellow participants, spectators, officials or volunteers and is considered
reasonable and acceptable in the community

peeing in public does not met this definition
Exactly. There have been Hollywood actors and rock stars who have been cited and or arrested for urinating in an airplane cabin.
It is a violation and of public decency laws at a minimum. But beyond this it seems there should be some type of code for these "professional triathletes" that they have to conduct themselves in a decent way. They should at least not offend the volunteers who are present to assist them.
Brandon should offer an apology at the very minimum.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to facepalm at the idea that we are wondering if pissing on the floor of the changing tent MAY NOT be against the rules. Holy hell. This is why we have hand holding for every single thing in our country now.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think some slack should be cut in this instance. He is racing and his brain is red-lined, it's not like he is making a rational cost-benefit decision to offend people. Gosh, I've pooped on the side of a trail a few times during races, which is gross and horrible, but it made sense at the time. He should not be treated as a bad person or unprofessional unless you know there was intent to offend.

Part of me thinks being willing to piss in front of strangers is the definition of professional in the long-course triathlon world.

------
David Roche
"The Happy Runner" book: https://www.amazon.com/...Longer/dp/1492567647
Coaching: https://swaprunning.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [DaveRoche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry but I don't buy it. Not willing to give a pass on this. Going to the bathroom on the side of a trail is not the same as going in a changing tent. If the difference here has to be explained then I give up.
If his brain is too red-lined to control his bodily functions in this manner then maybe he needs to find a new profession.
And I don't know if he is a "bad person." But I would say in this instance he showed very bad judgment, a lack of discernment, and a very self-centered, immature, embarrassing way of conducting himself in his chosen "profession,"
Last edited by: Ty: Oct 8, 14 9:33
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [DaveRoche] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The OP hasn't answered my question whether this was a dirt or grass floor. If so, then I'd say the argument is unreasonable.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Ty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ty wrote:

There is another post where people are basically bashing Andrew Starky for his interview. But it seems like you people here are willing to give Brandon a pass? Make excuses? Laugh it off?

I laughed off Starky's interview.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
While I may agree with your point, how did you respond and what steps did you take? I think it is highly inappropriate to call out a pro athlete several weeks after an event on a public forum IF (you apparently didn't) you did not address it with race officials/the athlete/volunteer captain/other authority first. IF you did none of the above, I unfortunately think your post may be as inappropriate as his conduct.

I did nothing on race day, there were no officials in the change tent when this happened and Mr. Brandon was gone, literally as soon as he stopped pissing. It was a fast transition, for him I will admit. When I returned from Chattanooga the next day attempted but was unable to actually locate a contact for the race director or race official. I then contacted the head official at USAT, that is where I received the rules cited in my original post. I then emailed the WTC "Athlete Services" contact, asked for the actual Chattanooga race director contact info and received a reply stating they would forward my email on to the Race Director. Eventually, the Race Director contacted me today. He apologized for the conduct of Mr. Brandon, and indicated he would look into what if anything could be done. I understand there may be nothing that can be done after fact......

I have been doing this stuff for 20 years or more and never saw anything like this. And why on earth would I not call out a Pro or any other person who pisses on the ground that others have paid good money, sweat and effort to get to? Seriously???

bb
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
The OP hasn't answered my question whether this was a dirt or grass floor. If so, then I'd say the argument is unreasonable.

Could this be the return of Surfing Lamb?????
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have obviously spent way too much time worrying about this bb. As I always say, "If you ain't cheaten, you ain't racin."
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:

the entire transition area was on pavement......

bb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
as the moderator of this site, what we have are 2 eyewitnesses, 1 a new member of the forum as of today, the other NOT a new member, but a seasoned veteran of triathlon, and in his first post since joining up on the slowtwitch forum in 2007. the OP is an august member of the legal community so i take it that he's absolutely impeachable in his version of the story.

that said, because the two eyewitnesses really are only participating on the forum today to flush a toiled on the head of a third party (so to speak) this comes perilously close to our own forum rule (since we're quoting rules): FAQ(¶4): We are especially cranky about trial-by-internet.

on the other side, we have what could be a pretty serious indictment on the behavior of a competitor.

i do think we are owed the FULL explanation, that is, what you did. what steps you took. because of what you do for a living, you are not intimidated, you are not a wallflower, you are a seasoned decision maker, and you make hard, unpopular decisions. so you were not suffering from post traumatic change tent disorder. i must assume this is not your first act after having recovered from the shock.

mind, i'm not taking a side. i'm just going to look at this dispassionately, as would a judge. which i think you can appreciate. can you just give us the whole story, from your perspective, on how things got from the change tent to where we are today?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on, bbryant is a VOLUNTEER at the event. He is NOT a race official and it is wrong to "reprimand" him for not intervening against this pro. Him pointing out this activity, even a week or so after the fact, is a good idea. Maybe if others know they will be "outed" then they can think twice before pissing in the changing tent...a common facility shared byover 1000 other athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [teamjackass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teamjackass wrote:
You have obviously spent way too much time worrying about this bb. As I always say, "If you ain't cheaten, you ain't racin."

I agree that I am maybe a bit obsessed by this whole deal.....but cheatin and pissing on people are two different things my friend.

bb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bbryant wrote:

I did nothing on race day, there were no officials in the change tent when this happened and Mr. Brandon was gone, literally as soon as he stopped pissing. It was a fast transition, for him I will admit. When I returned from Chattanooga the next day attempted but was unable to actually locate a contact for the race director or race official. I then contacted the head official at USAT, that is where I received the rules cited in my original post. I then emailed the WTC "Athlete Services" contact, asked for the actual Chattanooga race director contact info and received a reply stating they would forward my email on to the Race Director. Eventually, the Race Director contacted me today. He apologized for the conduct of Mr. Brandon, and indicated he would look into what if anything could be done. I understand there may be nothing that can be done after fact......

I have been doing this stuff for 20 years or more and never saw anything like this. And why on earth would I not call out a Pro or any other person who pisses on the ground that others have paid good money, sweat and effort to get to? Seriously???

So you have been doing this for 20 years and know right from wrong but for some reason could not find an official at that moment? Poke your head outside the tent. They were there.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [TriBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBrad02 wrote:
bbryant wrote:

So you have been doing this for 20 years and know right from wrong but for some reason could not find an official at that moment? Poke your head outside the tent. They were there.

TriBrad, I was just outside the tent, Brandon stopped in the doorway and pissed, literally no way anyone else could enter with out running through his urine. there were no Race Officials standing there.

bb
Quote Reply
Re: Chattanooga Pro Pissing in Change Tent [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYkrjjTkjdk

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
reminds me of the time i watched a pro stop in the middle of the run course at a Rev3 event to whip it out and relieve himself..... was a pretty secluded path with one way traffic so it was kind of hard to tell what he was doing until you were already up on him. i gave him a lot of room when I went by.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bbryant wrote:

TriBrad, I was just outside the tent, Brandon stopped in the doorway and pissed, literally no way anyone else could enter with out running through his urine. there were no Race Officials standing there.

If you say there was no way you could have gotten in touch with an official at this time, so be it.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Imagine the mental boost you would get knowing that every single other person who came out of the water after you walked barefooted through your pee. It's better than ass pennies. I'm going to do this at my next IM.
Quote Reply

Prev Next