Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [Nic_Courv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Nic,

please don't modify the power meter, you will break it. The inner diameter on the Classic is not by chance - it's the biggest that was possible for that generation.

You will still be able to fit it on the vast majority of frames, BB386EVO is unfortunately the most complicated to handle from a power meter interface perspective. BSA, BB30, PF30, BBRight and ITA are all fully compatible, BB86 in the majority of cases.

For cases like yours I recommend the FSA BB386EVO models we brought out at Eurobike - they are the only ones that are fully compatible with BB386EVO frames, as the power meter plane is outside the bottom bracket area.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Nic_Courv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am interested in the 170.

PM me to discuss.

PC
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I have a gossamer p2m which I've been swapping between three bikes; one with a FSA bb6000 bsa bottom bracket and two with the m3 (aluminium) adaptor for bb30.
Now I've also just got an fsa k-force p2m and was thinking that I could swap the two powermeters between the three bikes.
But now I've noticed the recommended bottom bracket for the k-force is different.
So my question is would it be possible to use the k-force with my existing bottom brackets, or alternatively would the opposite be possible; could I use the Gossamer p2m with the carbon version of the m3 adaptor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nic,

Any chance a busted screw hole on my P2M classic would be letting the battery come loose and cause a drop in signal?

Having some issues with mine on my last 2 rides. Works fine for the first 10 minutes, then drops cadence and power. Put a brand new battery in (the specified one) and it happened again today for the 3rd time. I brought t a little screw driver with me and took the cover off, and removed, re-inserted the battery and it worked again for the remained of my ride. Looking for wisdom. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [denbypie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

you can use the normal Megaexo bottom bracket - you just need to be careful not to overtighten the non drive-side bolt - the normal Megaexo BB is a bit wider, so there is no space for the wave washer.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I will need to check with the engineers. Is the battery holder unaffected? No tabs broken off?

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tab isn't broken off, but the screw must have pulled through because it it loose and fully tight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't see the Shimano 4 bolt version of the Rotor's on the North American website. Sold out? Discontinued? What's the pricing?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [arca_tern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

the 4-bolt is currently not in stock. I should receive news by mid October whether it comes back.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is there a pricing change for the 4 bolt compared to the 5 bolt with rotor cranks?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I "accidentally" clicked submit on an order. I just want to confirm I didn't do anything stupid.

I have a road bike with Ultegra crank, I'm assuming the FSA Gossamer (with Praxis chainrings) replaces my existing crank without any need of messing with the bb, correct?
I'm getting a tri bike with a bb30 crank. I'm assuming I can use something like http://www.wiggle.co.uk/...crank-spindle-shims/ to put the gossamer pm on my new bike, correct?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [earnstrom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

did you order through the US or the European site?

Regarding the Gossamer: you can usually make it fit in a Shimano bottom bracket, but since the tolerances differ somewhat from Shimano the fit can be tight. To use it in a BB30 frame I recommend the Megaexo BB30 adapter. It's made for the Megaexo axle, so you're sure the tolerances will be fine.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
European site, I'm in Sweden.
So the recommended option would be to replace the bb on my road bike? Can I check how the fit is and get a suitable bb later in that case (from any normal place)?
I might have to think is trough a bit more...
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [arca_tern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi arca - sorry I missed your post. I don't have information on that, but don't expect major changes.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [earnstrom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, the perfect way is to replace it, but in many cases people just fit it like this. It's just a bit of a tighter fit.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:
Hi,

did you order through the US or the European site?

Regarding the Gossamer: you can usually make it fit in a Shimano bottom bracket, but since the tolerances differ somewhat from Shimano the fit can be tight. To use it in a BB30 frame I recommend the Megaexo BB30 adapter. It's made for the Megaexo axle, so you're sure the tolerances will be fine.

Cheers
Nicolas

Is that an adapter for the current bb, or a new bb replacing the current one? "Adapter" indicates the former, but the description indicates the later.
I would have preferred to not have to replace these press fit bbs...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicolas can you please describe the light modes on the type S status LED.

I am about to upgrade from classic to type S mainly because of the status LED. During two races I have been unable to race with power as the battery died during the race. This might get solved with type S but what is the indication of drained battery on the status LED and how much time left do I have approximately until the battery dies?
Last edited by: elim: Oct 5, 14 19:50
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [elim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Elim,

following up on my reply on Facebook: the battery life is about 400 hours, a bit shorter if you travel a lot with your bike.

If your battery was dead the LED will have been shining red on battery change.

We have seen the phenomenon you describe (no data during a race) a few times. However, these were reception issues, not sending issues (explanatory note: the firmware resets if the power meter "crashes", so non-sending really only happens when the battery is dead). What happened in the cases we saw was that people left their Garmins on in T1 and rode without a HR belt, but it was paired. For some reason this caused the Garmin reception to lock up. In the worst case a factory reset of the receiving unit was required, in most cases just a restart of the computer.

An easy way to test which is the case is to check with a second Garmin.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:
Hi Elim,

following up on my reply on Facebook: the battery life is about 400 hours, a bit shorter if you travel a lot with your bike.

If your battery was dead the LED will have been shining red on battery change.

We have seen the phenomenon you describe (no data during a race) a few times. However, these were reception issues, not sending issues (explanatory note: the firmware resets if the power meter "crashes", so non-sending really only happens when the battery is dead). What happened in the cases we saw was that people left their Garmins on in T1 and rode without a HR belt, but it was paired. For some reason this caused the Garmin reception to lock up. In the worst case a factory reset of the receiving unit was required, in most cases just a restart of the computer.

An easy way to test which is the case is to check with a second Garmin.

Cheers
Nicolas

So do you suggest avoid that scenario? So, if there is a HRM paired to a Garmin, we should make sure it is worn when riding?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems that in some firmware versions not using a paired sensor creates problems. However, this is something that I can't comment on definitively, since it affects the bike computer - the power meter is merely a "passenger" in this scenario.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went to install my chainrings tonight on the p2m w/rotor 3d arms.
Well, I hadn't read this thread before, and realized my rotor qring (110) was not going to work.
However, I am finding that, even with the battery cover removed, I also can't get my 50t 110 SRAM Red Exogram chainring on either. I didn't see this listed anywhere on the website. So is it only praxis rings that fit???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:
Hi,

the 4-bolt is currently not in stock. I should receive news by mid October whether it comes back.

Best
Nicolas

I know it's not mid October... But I'm pretty good at being impatient...

Any news on the 4 bolt? :)

Thanks.
James
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Carrots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@gibson00: I hope we got it all resolved over mail :)
@carrots: it will be a little while longer till I get news, sorry.

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This may seem like a silly question but if I purchase the power2max classic for FSA Gossamer and I already have a MegaExo bottom bracket. I don't need to get a new bottom bracket right?

Joel
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [joelt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I have as well and that's what I bought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next