Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [Method] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Method,

sorrry, misunderstood. I am at Eurobike and will ask the colleagues from Rotor.

Quick question: did you get the 3D+ and BSA30 from us?

Edit: our head engineer asks if you could measure the length of the spindle from the lock ring to the contour. Then we'll compare.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Last edited by: power2max: Aug 28, 14 8:58
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did get the BB and crank from you guys.

And then the width of the preload bolt is 6.95mm

The BB shell width is 67.70mm
Last edited by: Method: Aug 29, 14 5:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Method,

I showed your pictures to Rotor at a meeting today at Eurobike. You had their senior engineers looking at it :-).

Axle length is correct, cup size of the BSA30 is correct. They said it looked like on the non drive side the rubber seal over the bearing was missing, which would mean the axle would stick out too far.

Can you check that?

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I'm quite privileged, thanks :)

If you mean the orange seal, it isn't missing as you can see here.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The orange seal looks like it's further recessed into the cup - more so than on the other side. Is that possible?

In that case it's fine to just add a spacer of a mm or 2 to eliminate play. Since the axle is the right length and the drive side is axially defined nothing will change in the fit.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:
The orange seal looks like it's further recessed into the cup - more so than on the other side. Is that possible?

In that case it's fine to just add a spacer of a mm or 2 to eliminate play. Since the axle is the right length and the drive side is axially defined nothing will change in the fit.

Best
Nicolas

On both sides, the orange seal is about 1mm inside the cup. I placed the white 0.5mm washers against the orange seal but the effect is very small.

Last edited by: Method: Sep 1, 14 6:49
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [BionicMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BionicMan wrote:
Received and installed and rode my new Classic model today. Thanks to the end of life sale on the classic I ordered a Rotor 3D setup with Praxis rings. Replaced an Ultegra 6800 crankset. I forgot to weigh the P2M before I installed it but it didn't seem any heavier than the Ultegra. Install was a breeze. I did, however, almost lose one of the tiny screws. It was inevitable, as that crap just happens to me. Luckily I found the screw.

Other than just being extra careful not to screw up anything, the install was stupid easy. It is a piece of art. They provided the sticker set I ordered plus a few extra. Props for that. Though not critical it does give a bit of customization and personality to the install.

I did a known route compared to my old Powertap and the numbers seemed to be pretty much in sync with each other. I want to set it up on the KICKR, and will soon, but I'm already happy with the numbers. The left-right comparison is enlightening. I have an artificial hip on my right side and I can definitely see the power bias. I didn't realize the difference with the PT.

Anyway, a few pics from today from a happy customer.

Sweet, is the new design (graphics) shipping now for ROTOR cranks?
Just ordered one today and I am wondering which graphics it will be...I much prefer the new one :|
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Deathwish86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@Deathwish86 (quite the name :) - we are moving over, but priority is given to Type S.

@method: as the axle length is correct and the cup size is fine you can add the 1 or 2mm spacer without negative effect, according to advice from Rotor.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Nicolas,

Makes sense what you are saying. Is not a definitive answer, I understand your position. I have to wait and see what's in the box I guess :)
The waiting is a killer...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Method wrote:
power2max wrote:

Best
Nicolas

On both sides, the orange seal is about 1mm inside the cup. I placed the white 0.5mm washers against the orange seal but the effect is very small.

I've just fitted a new 110BCD Type S Power2Max spider to my 3DF cranks and I needed to wind out the pre load adjuster approx. 0.5mm. Looks like the Power2Max spider is a fraction narrower than the standard Rotor spider!?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Sim0n0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I missed your message. For some reason I didn't get a notificatio and didn't check.

I am not sure about the exact thickness of the Rotor spider vs the power meter, would need to check.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just sent you guys a message via your contact page. Figured it couldn't hurt to send a message to both. My FSA Gossamer crank came undone this weekend and it appears to be shot. It is on a Kestrel 4000pro and I was wondering what FSA cranksets is my version of your power meter compatable with? I will be buying a new crankset and want to make sure I get the right one. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Quincyceltic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

just replied on email - we'll get this resolved asap for you.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have just got a classic model (110) and am aware of the issue with the aero Qrings. Is this issue still presnt with the normal road Qrings as well?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [harts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi harts,

the normal Q-Rings have the same limitation, as the are fully "enclosed" around the bolt circle. The OCP3 version works without problems.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just received my Classic P2M Rotor 3D. The unit looks pretty bad ass, call me crazy but i like the looks of the old model better :D. Have not yet tested it, hoping for some good weather tomorrow. Big props for P2M for supplying the new Rotor model. They have replied too all my emails in a timely maner so I have no complaints what so ever. Only small inconvenience is that i got the red color stripes instead of white, but is not a biggie, the naked black looks very nice.
One question for Nicolas: do the Praxis chainrings come with bolts too by default? The reason for asking this is that I have ordered the chainrings plus Rotor bolts and have received only Praxis bolts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

oops on the red vs white ring. Did you order in the US or in Europe? If it was in the US please PM me and we will correct the mistake.

Bolts - included in the US, not in Europe. If it was a US order it may have been a mistake.

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick question - how important is it to use a Renata battery in the Type S over another brand, say Energizer? I ordered a Renata battery for my Type S but am not sure it will be delivered by the time I have to leave for my A race of the year day after tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nicolas,

Was an EU order. Don't worry about the ring, I am fine with the naked option.
So just to get this clear, in EU you need to order Rotor bolts for your Praxis chainrings but you get Praxis bolts? Seems confusing, why are they not listed like Praxis bolts and not Rotor?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@michael_runs: on a Type S you can use all brands, no problems there.

@deathwish86: I'll forward the feedback, sorry if it was confusing.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicolas-

I've been using a Rotor 3D+ / P2M classic setup on a PF30 and BBright bike for some time. I am moving that to a BSA 68mm BB frame with a Rotor BSA30. No spacers installed. There is not enough spindle on the DS for the alloy mounting bolt to reach and secure the rings/crank arm to the spindle. I couldn't find any reference to different sizes of available/required lock rings (mounting rings to the crank arm) for the P2M for the different BBs. The one I have is rather thick and protrudes out from the rings some. Most of the videos I found online show a much shallower ring. Is this the issue and I should have a lock ring that permits the chainring/arm to mount further on the spindle? Thanks.[/url][/img][/url][/img]

--------------------------------------------------
Non-Swimming Duathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [rbrnut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi rbrnut,

you have the Cervelo spacer with lock ring. For installation on a BSA frame you need a flat lock ring. Please contact us if you want to get one, we have it available.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nicolas - thanks. Definitely want to order one, but didn't see it on the NA site. Let me know how to get one.

power2max wrote:
Hi rbrnut,

you have the Cervelo spacer with lock ring. For installation on a BSA frame you need a flat lock ring. Please contact us if you want to get one, we have it available.

Best
Nicolas

--------------------------------------------------
Non-Swimming Duathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [rbrnut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi rbrnut, just email us. I realized we don't have it on the US site (it's not very frequently ordered by people).

Cheers
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Has anyone tried modifying the P2M classic to make it fit on newer styles frame integrated BBs? I had a 2009 Cervelo P2 equipped with FSA Mega EXO bottom bracket and last spring I bought the Rotor 3D crank set combined with the Power2max now known as “the classic”. I have now retired my P2 for one that is equipped with an FSA 386 EV0 Press Fit bottom bracket and now my Rotor 3D+P2M doesn’t fit as there is interference with the frame. The "classic" is not a really easy thing to sell since they won't fit on most newer bikes. Therefore, I'm planning to turn my P2M Classic into a science experiment to see if I can make it fit my new bike without destroying it. Any thoughts or idea on the plausibility of it being possible ?
Or I can take the easy street....... Is anyone interested in buying 1 or 2 (yes I am stuck with 2 because my gf is in the same boat) P2M Classics with Rotor 3D cranks one is 172.5 and the other one is a 170.

Thanks

Nic Courv
Quote Reply

Prev Next