Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If for some reason this happens again (to you or anyone else for that matter), I have a solution. Your LBS likely has a couple shiv seat posts lying around. Tell them to mark your seat height, then loosen the clamp and drop the post down until it bottoms out, and make another mark. Remove the post, and measure the length from the seat height mark to the bottom out mark. Take that measurement and cut the same length from the bottom of the spare seat post. Shove the piece of seat post down into the frame and followed by your seat post on top of it. You can still get the piece out with a j-bend spoke (or something like that) if you need to grind it down for fine tuning the height. This will make it so that the post can't go down any further than your seat height, regardless of how tight the clamp is. If you do it right, it's rock solid, and actually not a bad idea for someone looking for a little extra slippage security, even if your clamp is fine (so long as you don't mind sacrificing a seat post). The spare post should still be usable for someone, depending on how much you have to chop off.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [kello711] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys, do the Omega SV breaks work w/ the Shiv Pro 2015 set up for the Magura hydraulic breaks? I am trying to get rid of them to get Di2 shifting back to my handle bars.
I had a Shiv Pro 2012 frame, which had a defect (one week before IM Maryland), and I just received a new frame from Specialized (2015 model), but the new break setup did away w/ my Di2 shifting at handlebars.

Any solution to get Di2 on the hydraulic break lever set up, or suggestions for non-hydra breaks that will fit well the 2015 Shiv Pro frame?

Many thanks in advance!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Bubulak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bubulak wrote:
Guys, do the Omega SV breaks work w/ the Shiv Pro 2015 set up for the Magura hydraulic breaks? I am trying to get rid of them to get Di2 shifting back to my handle bars.
I had a Shiv Pro 2012 frame, which had a defect (one week before IM Maryland), and I just received a new frame from Specialized (2015 model), but the new break setup did away w/ my Di2 shifting at handlebars.

Any solution to get Di2 on the hydraulic break lever set up, or suggestions for non-hydra breaks that will fit well the 2015 Shiv Pro frame?

Yes, they do. But you will need a set of the posts usually used for the TRP brake, as they aren't used for the Magura setup. I don't know whether those are included with the frame set or if you need to source them from TRP. Of course, there are still 2015 Shiv models that use the TRP brake and do already have those posts installed.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The di2 / hydraulic brake setup requires a bit of surgery. Not a big deal if you don't mind taking a dremel to a set of di2 brake levers...

marceves.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Nick. I'll look into it.

Any chance you will have someone from Tririg at the MD IM?
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [skiermarc127] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Any chance you have some DYI or any other guide how to make this happen?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [krez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will get my s-works shiv tt the next days. It comes with straight an s-bend extensions. Where could i get these ski-bend extension (in germany?) ?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [captain hook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The frameset should come with standard extensions and a set of adaptors to use any 22.2 mm extensions of your choice

Neil
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [neilridley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But its not a new one. Are these adaptors available seperately? I can´t find them on the Speci HP?!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [neilridley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I found them!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [captain hook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I'm new in this forum.
I just ordered a 2015 Shiv Pro frame and planning the setup of the bike.
Are the Shimano Dura Ace BL TT79 brake levers working with the brakes of the Pro frame?
Or do you have some other recommendations for the brake levers?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dannyh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dannyh wrote:
Its a common problem. Take a needle nose vise grip and attach to the inside bottom nut and clamp TIGHT. Then try to unscrew with an allen wrench. The nut & bolt will break in 2 pieces quite easily. Takes about 30 seconds to do..

Sorry this was from a number of pages ago. But the screw spinning in the frame has happened to me. My situation is slightly different though, my Fuelselage is in the frame. So I cannot get access to the inside with a needle nose or anything else for that matter. Any ideas or do I have to go the shop I bought it at and have them deal with or send it to Specialized? I have a race in a little over a month so it would have to happen when my season is done.

This just irritates the hell out of me. You spend thousands of dollars on a bike and they put the cheapest screws and bolts they can find in it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not being sarcastic but just trying to understand why you cant remove the bladder from the frame. Mine was just a metal bolt which the magnet in the plastic housing attached itself too. Are you using the magnet mechanism or id the bladder bolted into the frame? Are others like this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dannyh wrote:
Not being sarcastic but just trying to understand why you cant remove the bladder from the frame. Mine was just a metal bolt which the magnet in the plastic housing attached itself too. Are you using the magnet mechanism or id the bladder bolted into the frame? Are others like this?

I modified my bladder. I removed the magnet and drilled a hole in the plastic housing (the frame was not modified in any way) and used the screw to secure it, so when refilling on the fly it would not pop out... I was having issues with that as the magnet sucks. Understand... or am I just confusing you more?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope i get it. Im afraid you going to have to get an exacto knife and cut the back of the bladder to get the pliers on it. On you next bladder just put a small piece of electrical tape over the back to hold it down.

Also consider that you may not be getting your bladder far enough down in the frame and that whats popping it up. The reason i say this as i have never heard of this before (going on 2+ years now) so that could be a possibility of whu you are haing an issue. I use a wire coat hanger to help guide it in, others use a plastic tube (which im sure works better).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was afraid I was gonna have to cut the bladder to get it out. I already have a spare as the current one is pretty nasty from having liquids other than water in it. I guess I'll deal with after REV3 Venice.

That being said, once or if... I get the screw out, it's is possible to put the bolt back in or replace it with a new one? Or is it DOA? Or it has to go to Specialized?

As for it popping out while refilling on the fly... no I get it all the way in. I use a camel back straw which is rigid enough (unlike the cheap one Specialized gives ya) to get the bladder where it needs to be. Actually, mine slides in and out quite nicely with that straw and all the talc that coats the bladder and probably the inside of the frame at this point. Popping out wouldnt happen all the time but enough to warrant me using a screw to secure it... I really like the screw (well, up until today) holding in place. But may reconsider should I get this issue resolved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just go to the hardware store and get a nut and bolt that will work for you. There is nothing special about it. The only reason its there is to give the magnet something to attach to.

Or build a very cool auto refill solution like this ;)
Last edited by: dannyh: Oct 1, 14 15:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bubulak wrote:

I saw this posted a few pages back. Looks like a pretty easy fix for Magura's and DI2. I just put a set of RT6's on my bike and may upgrade to DI2 in the future.

http://www.endurancenation.us/...5-to-make-it-better/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Danny,

Can you explain to me your setup on the Shiv? It looks rad but not sure what it does? Auto refill? how so?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [hwangnyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll start at the top but would suggest look look at the pics in the previous link while reading this:

Torpedo bottle - I inserted / epoxied a 90 degree fitting on the bottom of the torpedo. The fitting inside the torpedo was trimmed before insertion so its flush with the inside bottom (allows BTA to completely empty)
Latex tube (used for pliability) is routed from 90 degree fitting to behind the vuka spacers (for aerodynamics ;) and through the TriRig stem. I wrapped it in black tape because the latex just looked weird.
The latex tube then connects to the blue 90 degree camelback valve (you must have an on / off valve for this to not overflow the internal bladder)
From the exit port on the camel back valve it connects to bladder "feed hose"
Feed hose is inserted through an unused rear derailleur port (I have DI2 so don't need that port)
Now we are inside frame when I connect the feed hose to the internal shiv bladder (via plastic epoxy)

So while riding I empty the bladder 1st., Then without getting out of the aero position i open the valve with 1 hand. Within about 60 seconds the BTA is empty / bladder is full
Then when needed i grab the bottle behind the seat or a "hand up" and DUMP it into the torpedo and it auto fills the bladder again.

I have used this all season without issue. Longest event was a non stop century.

Other info
For the record i use straight water with salt sticks inserted into the ends of the aerobars. - saltstick tubes work perfect
All DI2 wiring for bullhorns and aerobars is connected to junction boxes inside the basebar with a single wire running from the basebar into frame through the rear derailleur port (super clean)
Shiv drink tube runs through Tririg stem - behind the left vuka spacer and is attached to a camelback magnetic bite valve
Bite valve attaches to left aerobar via an Amazon super strong magnet. (see the beginning of Shiv thread for info)

Lots of fun making it, not expensive and works perfectly.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bubulak wrote:

YES - the Omega SV will work on all models of the Shiv. However, the Shivs set up for Magura don't have the TRP posts screwed into them, and instead use an adapter plate to mount the Magura. I'm not sure if they come with the frame/bike or not. So you either need to get those posts from Specialized or TRP, remove the Magura's adapter, and put the posts back in. Then the Omega SV will install as normal.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [bianchixl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are there any experiences if the Shimano Dura Ace brake levers TT BL 79 work with the brakes of the Shiv Pro 2015?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:

YES - the Omega SV will work on all models of the Shiv. However, the Shivs set up for Magura don't have the TRP posts screwed into them, and instead use an adapter plate to mount the Magura. I'm not sure if they come with the frame/bike or not. So you either need to get those posts from Specialized or TRP, remove the Magura's adapter, and put the posts back in. Then the Omega SV will install as normal.

The Omega won't work on the front of a nosecone Shiv, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Professor Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Professor Chaos wrote:
The Omega won't work on the front of a nosecone Shiv, right?

Correct - sorry for the misunderstanding. The Omega SV will work on the front and rear of every CURRENT model of the Shiv, including all Shiv TT frames and all Shiv Tri frames. It will not work on the front of the original 2009 "nosecone" version (but it will still fit on the rear).

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Oct 5, 14 10:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you sorted out your brake /di2 setup?The combo di2/magura rt8 is relatively simple to do.My brilliant bike mechanic did it .Call Aaron Jackson(Gears and Grinds,Kingston Ontario)at 613 544 7704.A combo of the best shifter and the best brake.
Quote Reply

Prev Next