Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tough Decision !!!
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,

In my schedulle for the next 4 month I will race an olympic distance in feb 16th and a 1/2 Ironman in April 13th.

I have two bikes, one is a Colnago Dream ( with aerobar ) and another one is a Giant TCR Aero. I think that on the Giant I can get a position closely to the 76 degrees, and with the Colnago even with seat very foward ( not with a forward seatpost ) I think I´m getting 74 degrees.

During the base traning ( which I´m doing now ) I prefer the Colnago... But I think I´m faster on the GIANT because I did a set-up very aero oriented.....
What´s the best bike thinking on the overall results ( for both races... ) ? Because I will have to run considerable distances... The olympic race is gonna be in very hot conditions..., the 1/2 Iron is gonna be a very hilly course....
Thanks in advance for the help...

Luiz

Luiz Eng
Quote Reply
Re: Tough Decision !!! [Leng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not the bike. It's the rider that matters. Ride the Colnago. You paid a lot for that paint job. You might as well show it off!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Should be easy [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have plenty of time to do a little testing. Do a few revisions of a time trial of five miles or more. It doesn't have to be all out as long as the level of effort as measured by say, a HR monitor, is the same. It should quickly be clear which one works for you.

I am betting on the Giant, but that is just me. Find out what works for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have a Giant TCR-1 that I can get about 76 degrees if I slam the seat forward. It works much better this way than with the Profile forward seat post at 78 degrees. I use Syntace C2 ultralite aero bars with it. Works good. I also just picked up an M2 Racer seat shifter. This allows for variable seat positions and will let you shift seat position on the fly. Slide back for the hills and then forward for the flats. Can't wait until the snow melts so I can try it out.

The TCR can be a great tri bike. Just look at Team Once winning the team TDF TT event three out of the past four years on their TCR's. Luc VanLierde won IM Hawaii in 1999 on a TCR setting the fastest bike split and fastest run coming off the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Tough Decision !!! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot !!!,

I will go with the GIANT for both !!! Even that the Colnago is a very good and comfortable bike.... I'm afraid of the running leg on the 1/2 Iron.... I need to be as fresh as possible....

By the way,

I understand the SLOWTWITCH is a Triathlon Site, but for sure 90% of the posts are Cycling related.... Funny !!!!!!!

Luiz

Luiz Eng
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-Seems like you may be a little better off in a more relaxed position on hilly terrain. I know I am.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I understand the SLOWTWITCH is a Triathlon Site, but for sure 90% of the posts are Cycling related.... Funny !!!!!!!"

Not for those of us weak runners/swimmers who regard a tri as a balls to the walls bike race with a recreational swim/bike attached at either end!

BTW, make sure that you get the proper fit with the TCR. It only comes in three frame sizes, so adjstment is made with seat and stem length. These standard frames will probably fit 90% of riders, but a few people will need a greater selection.
Quote Reply