Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [MI TRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI TRI wrote:
Remember earlier in the thread the post about imagining how a 2:03 would be on the bubble for qualifying? Well, I went 2:03 for 30th! (M35-39). Had a great day, couldn't have gone any faster just didn't cut it against that field! Amazing speed out there! Congrats to all!

Loved the swim but start was crazy fast and rough. Front 1/2 of bike great, back 1/2 horribly rough with construction scenery, run course was really flat, fast and scenic. Overall A- as a host city and i totally get why MLK gets it again next year. Great destination race!

Yep that was me. Some thought I was crazy but even that estimate was off. My best case scenario had me going 2:03.xx and I went low 2:04. Overall very happy with my race and time. Just for fun I looked back at last year's results and my time would have placed me 17th vs the 32nd that I placed yesterday.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmg wrote:
Just want to say WOW, well done !
Podium at AG Nats followed by a 3rd overall at Benton Harbor.

I thought I must have been the only one to notice this--Daniel Stubleski 6th OA at AG Nats and then 3rd OA at Benton Harbor--pretty crazy and no doubt super impressive!
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Skippy74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was a great event, glad I signed up (last minute, got in as spots opened up last week). PR'd the OLY distance by minutes, my best ever swim and bike splits, bike course was probably the flattest I've been on however. Talk about a stacked field, a 2:18 would be a pretty good time at local tri's but only good enough for 85th in M45-49!

That was the roughest swim start I've ever had, had guys swimming into me from BOTH left and right. I thought for sure my swim split would suck because of that. PR'd my swim split by about 30 seconds!

Anybody know at what distance was that run turnaround split? I'm guessing it was near mile 4.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [TrierinKC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the mile 4 marker was just after the turnaround. Like 15 feet.

You came in just in front of me....I was one of the two guys in the Amphibian Multisport kits.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [TrierinKC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrierinKC wrote:
This was a great event, glad I signed up (last minute, got in as spots opened up last week). PR'd the OLY distance by minutes, my best ever swim and bike splits, bike course was probably the flattest I've been on however. Talk about a stacked field, a 2:18 would be a pretty good time at local tri's but only good enough for 85th in M45-49!

That was the roughest swim start I've ever had, had guys swimming into me from BOTH left and right. I thought for sure my swim split would suck because of that. PR'd my swim split by about 30 seconds!

Anybody know at what distance was that run turnaround split? I'm guessing it was near mile 4.

Yup, 2:19 was mid packish, 94/215. Crazy fast.

I imagine this is what Kona swim is like, most any IM an hour swim you get some clear water, but Kona crowded the whole way. Low 20s in most Olys, should get clear water, didn't clear up until near the turn around

Yes, mile 4 was just after the turn. Per my 910 the signs were slightly off (close enough) but run was right on 6.2
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know about anyone else, but after 10 mins of trying to get my race numbers off, I think I am going to email USAT and just request the same bib no. for next year.
I can just keep them on, figured that its not going to fade by then anyway......
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [kmowlam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kmowlam wrote:
Don't know about anyone else, but after 10 mins of trying to get my race numbers off, I think I am going to email USAT and just request the same bib no. for next year.
I can just keep them on, figured that its not going to fade by then anyway......

Clear packing tape did it for me- took a few strips for each number, pressed it on then tore it off really quickly. Hopefully you don't have any arm or leg hair :)
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [kmowlam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I find to be most annoying about the issued numbers is how they stick to the bike and helmets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x1... and the paper was so flimsy while pulling them off base they just rolled right onto themselves.

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [gmatom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 re packing tape. All you need is something more adhesive than the number and it comes right off
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kmowlam wrote:

Scrub HARD with a wet wash cloth while in the shower. Seeing as you kicked my ass, I would have volunteered to join you int he shower and do it for you.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryan, best offer I had in a while.....
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Borden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw a short-haired chick near the finish line that was being corralled by the officials. I think they said she was trespassing.

Timex
GU Energy
Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah it was around mile 4. The run out seemed to be a lot longer than the run back in.

Timex
GU Energy
Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
kmowlam wrote:

Scrub HARD with a wet wash cloth while in the shower. Seeing as you kicked my ass, I would have volunteered to join you int he shower and do it for you.

Rubbing alcohol and hard scrubbing. To speed things up I used one of those green scouring pads from the kitchen. I like the tape idea, I might try that next time. I heard baby oil also works similar to rubbing alcohol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Baby oil works as well. That is what I have done a few times I had those tattoo numbers.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had a TOTAL blast in the race and PR'd by a ton and still came in 176/215 mens 45-49 but I'll take it! What an event had so much fun I was very impressed the morning of was a piece of cake getting in and parked and into transition had a lot of extra time. Even having to wait until 9:40 for our wave wasnt bad since I got to watch my SIL race in womens 35-39 for most of her race. What a beautiful venue and well organized. How about that ramp out of the water!?? Ended up not being an issue with all the folks helping along the rails. Roads were a little beat up on the 2nd half of the bike but I'm used to terrible roads in Nebraska so didnt bother me too bad. Well done USAT and MKE.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1xatbandcamp wrote:
Had a TOTAL blast in the race and PR'd by a ton and still came in 176/215 mens 45-49 but I'll take it! What an event had so much fun I was very impressed the morning of was a piece of cake getting in and parked and into transition had a lot of extra time. Even having to wait until 9:40 for our wave wasnt bad since I got to watch my SIL race in womens 35-39 for most of her race. What a beautiful venue and well organized. How about that ramp out of the water!?? Ended up not being an issue with all the folks helping along the rails. Roads were a little beat up on the 2nd half of the bike but I'm used to terrible roads in Nebraska so didnt bother me too bad. Well done USAT and MKE.

It was a great venue and a great race. The swim course was by far the best course I have ever raced. The bridge was cool to swim under and despite there being lots of fast swimmers I had very little contact in the water, but I was towards the front my of the first wave, so it might have gotten worse for later waves. I actually wished there weren't any volunteers on the ramp out of the water. I had a much easier time getting out during the practice swim than where I could grab the rail than I did in the race where I had to grab a volunteer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mineral oil worked - let is soak in for a couple of mins. We tried a number of other products but this worked.

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lava soap, 10 seconds in the shower
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bike lube, which we all have seems to work well too.

Gary Geiger
http://www.geigerphoto.com Professional photographer

TEAM KiWAMi NORTH AMERICA http://www.kiwamitri.com, Rudy Project http://www.rudyprojectusa.com, GU https://guenergy.com/shop/ ; Salming World Ambassador; https://www.shopsalming.com
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Jayhox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any new news on the roll down process?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it official 2015 in MKE, so does that make it 2016 as well (2 year contract)?

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wbattaile wrote:
Any new news on the roll down process?

I doubt there will be anything on USAT's website. They said at awards they would contact people eligible via the roll down in an e-mail, so keep an eye out, probably in the next 2 weeks or so.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [BDoughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BDoughtie wrote:
Is it official 2015 in MKE, so does that make it 2016 as well (2 year contract)?

So that is now 7 years away from the west coast.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply

Prev Next