Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CRAZY FAST!!!! It took a 2:00:18 to be top 10 in 35-39.. And 2:02:40 for worlds!

I snuck in wih a 2:02:35.

that was intense!

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully not bursting your bubble, but don't forget the age up rule. If someone is 30-34 this year, but will be 35 next year puts them in the 35-39 pools for worlds. Likewise with a 39 year old going up to 40-44. For the 35-39, it typically is more fast people aging into the AG than aging out. So the 2:02:40 may end up being outside the top 25.

Hopefully you get a spot, but you are very much on the bubble.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First ipa on board now. More to follow. Until pain subsides.
I'm in for the beer nationals for sure. Time, place etc.. ?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a good finish today? I watched half of it and race tomorrow. Conditions are killer.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [1shogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really was a great venue. I had no legs to run on after trying to hammer the bike and close on the fast mofos in my age group (35-39). Swim was like an IM washing machine until after the bridge. Should have positioned myself better at the start line. Bike was great for an OLY in my opinion. For the most part flat but with the bridges to keep it honest. Kind of wish I had signed up for the sprint as well.
Good luck !
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [1shogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very happy with my result today. Beautiful day.

Had 3 goals going in:
1) top ten AG M35-39: check - finished 9th
2) beat last years time of 2:01:56: check - 2:00:14
Reaching goal 3) sub 2 hour: missed by 14 seconds

Just missed #3, but very happy with my result. Crazy that I beat my time from last year but was one spot farther down. Very, very competitive field today. My wave was also first wave today so less people to deal with on the bike and slightly cooler conditions as well.

I would be happy to come back here a third year as is a great venue for a race. Where ever they choose for 2015 will have large shoes to follow.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Dnowak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goal was to not finish DFL.

Check. My 2nd transition was almost last....

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [fe_dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was M45-49 course clutter coming in 2:09:01 and 29th! 23:14 swim, 1:00:15 bike, 40:45 run. The run needed to be 38 for me to have a prayer and I had no prayer of running that in my current fitness, so I got the results I deserve, as I am fond of saying. :)

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great time

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume you still have a chance for a TeamUSA roll down? Did they say anything at the race about it?

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might be in luck, there are 6 guys in 45-49 who are 49, so they will be bumped into 50-54 but there are 6 guys in 40-44 who are 44 with faster times then me. So they will get a priority, and then I know Cam isn't going, so I am back to needing 3 more guys to pass in my AG. Christ, it would have been easier to train more an run faster then do this math...

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [fe_dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had an absolutely fan- freaking - tastic day. So glad I came out from so cal for this. 10 minute oly pr (granted haven't done one since 2012), bike pr and run pr (and I think a 10k pr, oly or standalone). And was only a mile or so behind Bryancd (more like the "or so" but he wasn't finished by the time I started running so that's a win): To top it off, a local mke friend came down with a cooler full of local mke brews and we sat and shot the shit while the super sprints went off. Truly could not ask for a better weekend
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great to see you, Chris! Great job out there! Nice bike split as well!

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Great to see you, Chris! Great job out there! Nice bike split as well!

Thanks, on that back half of the bike (you know, after you passed me....) there were a few draft packs I had to power around to avoid drafting issues and was worried I'd tanked my run before taking the bike shoes off, but I think I PRd my 10k, standalone or otherwise. Working with Shane has really helped. Another 10# would as well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitley was a fast day. I was happy with a PR in all 3 sports. 2:02:03 was good enough for 16th in 30-34. Glad I decided not to race tomorrow and drink beer instead.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zippy303 wrote:
Does anyone know where nationals will be next year? If not any leads/speculation?

It was announced (unofficially) that it will be back in MKE!
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [bcagle25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard Milwaukee next year as well.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Puppet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Puppet wrote:
I heard Milwaukee next year as well.

wife is happy, just saved us a bunch of money.

Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations Chris !! A well deserved PR.
See you at Silverman
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had, for me personally, a great day. PR'd by 5 minutes and had my fastest run ever in a race, averaging 7:16's. My fastest previous avg was 7:40's. Also set a new AP record @ 267w. Guess I have anew FTP.

I was nothing more than pack fodder for the M45-49 for the race, but went inside the top 40 on the bike.

After being hurt every year since I stated tri's in 2009 (including this year w/ a calf strain), to see that kind of improvement was satisfying.

Field was just crazy competitive. Swim never really broke upper and passing people on the bike was not easy! Amazing the difference in a race where nearly everyone is fast!!

Had a lot of fun today.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would be interesting to see what the professions of those on your list is. Sown fast dudes out there today. Wonder how in the hell they do it. Any surgeons out there make worlds today ?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I am a Sports Med Orthopedic Surgeon and got 9th in M35-39. This is my second nationals and next year will be second on Team USA. Trained much less this year due to the eventful birth of my daughter this winter. As my training time gets less and less, I have upped the intensity. Most weeks this year about 6 hours with a couple recent 8 hour weeks in the past month. Nothing more than 8 hours.

Take this with a grain of salt, however, as I have many miles in these legs and time in the saddle in years past when I was doing IM's from 2008-2012 and from many years of racing have developed a very strong mental focus. Also, I thank my Mom and Dad for good genes which you realize is very important when you see those on the podium at Nationals, particularly the older AG. It is amazing how good those on the podium in the 50+ AG look. Most look at least a decade younger. So don't blame your job, maybe blame your parents.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, I am an ER doc, qualified M35-39 with 2 kids under 3. Profession has nothing to do with it. Just have to sacrifice a few things with hard work like everyone else. But, of course, I couldn't do it without my awesome wife (she is reading this over my shoulder :) )
Last edited by: bcfort2: Aug 9, 14 19:55
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remember earlier in the thread the post about imagining how a 2:03 would be on the bubble for qualifying? Well, I went 2:03 for 30th! (M35-39). Had a great day, couldn't have gone any faster just didn't cut it against that field! Amazing speed out there! Congrats to all!

Loved the swim but start was crazy fast and rough. Front 1/2 of bike great, back 1/2 horribly rough with construction scenery, run course was really flat, fast and scenic. Overall A- as a host city and i totally get why MLK gets it again next year. Great destination race!
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [MI TRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its MKE
Quote Reply

Prev Next