Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wbattaile wrote:
Looks like I will be fighting for scraps in the M35-39... My best case scenario leaves me with a 2:03.

For those that raced this course last year, is it blazing fast? Appears to be very flat.

2:03, scraps?

Shall be interesting to see the 25th times.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Racing the OLY 30-34.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year 2:03 was on the bubble in M35-39. Based on info a few posts back, there are some pretty fast guys showing up that didn't race last year.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
USAT rankings probably would have been smarter. I used Athlinks and did a quick sort - if they smoked me in a common race (mainly Nationals last year or Chicago ITU this year) or laid down an Olympic under 2:10 I put them on the "faster" list.

If times in recent common races were close or OD races were between 2:10 and 2:20, I put them in "close". Sometimes with no common races or recent OD races I'd dig into their splits/ finish place in sprints.

It should be a much faster race this year than last year. Last year it looks like 18th was 1:09:46, 25th was 1:12:57. 54 men started. Last time I checked this year it is up to 122 guys racing. I can't imagine anything over 1:08 gets in top 25 this year.

There are some dudes in our AG group that have sub 4:20 HIM that never race OD.. your list might be leaving some of them out!!

I will be there for the 35-39 men.. should be done and drunk by 10am!

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know where nationals will be next year? If not any leads/speculation?
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zippy303 wrote:
Does anyone know where nationals will be next year? If not any leads/speculation?

Is supposed to be the west coast, but that is what is was supposed to be last year but I heard they could not find an RD and location
that anyone wanted to give up.

Folks can bug Tim and team this weekend. If nothing is said, I will try to bug Tim at Edmonton in 3 weeks. :o)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OLY 40-44, qualified at Leon's Tri in Hammond, IN. Looking forward to the experience!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In for the Oly 35-39....looking for a top 20 and hoping to go sub 2:05....

My real goal is to make the USA Team...and I'm 39, so I'll be competing with the 40-44 age group for that. With the added 7 slots per age group and top 25 getting a slot, I'm hopeful even without a perfect race.

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team
Powered by Accelerate 3
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aust1227 wrote:

There are some dudes in our AG group that have sub 4:20 HIM that never race OD.. your list might be leaving some of them out!!

I will be there for the 35-39 men.. should be done and drunk by 10am!

You're doing the sprint? I think we go at 8:33. 10 is easy for done, gonna take a little more effort for drunk! Any guess where you are on the list?

Yeah, I did a rough comparison with the 70.3 and 140.6 times of some of my teammates and put those fast duders on the list.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am only racing the olympic.. We start at 7:20.. Done at 9:22.. First beer in hand at 9:36.. Second beer will be bottoms up by 9:58.. And at my skinny ass little race weight, with limited alchohol consumption since June 1st, I will be officially DRUNK.. And loving it!!

I don't know where I fit in. Bottom step of the AG podium to "I wish I had made team USA" bubble boy.. Somewhere between those two, I presume.

I tried exporting the current list of AA from USAT Rankings into excel, but had limited success.. The plan was to import entry lists AND AA list.. Then sort by last name and see what names where on both lists.. Those will be the guys that have a chance at worlds. By this time in the season the USAT Ranking system is fairly accurate IMHO.

Austin Hardy -

Last edited by: Aust1227: Aug 6, 14 5:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Qualified for the olympic, but doing the sprint (35-39). Not a lot of training time with the addition of our second kid last fall. Didn't want to take a limited spot away in the olympic race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M 40-45 sprint here.

I haven't been in a national event since college, so I'm really looking forward to a big crowd and cool venue...and a good bike. I was a good 2 MPH slow in my last race and I cannot figure out why. Perhaps wearing a watch or using a computer would have helped, but I am very stubborn (see next point). Willing to walk on the 5k run in front of God and everybody in order to make the bike happen. If you see an old dude in yellow walking on the run, ask me about my bike split!

Have a good time, everyone.

Andrew Moss

Quote | Reply
Aust1227 wrote:
I am only racing the olympic.. We start at 7:20.. Done at 9:22.. First beer in hand at 9:36.. Second beer will be bottoms up by 9:58.. And at my skinny ass little race weight, with limited alchohol consumption since June 1st, I will be officially DRUNK.. And loving it!!

I don't know where I fit in. Bottom step of the AG podium to "I wish I had made team USA" bubble boy.. Somewhere between those two, I presume.

How wild would it be for a 2:02 to not finish top 25? The fact that you'r even discussing it shows how competitive this year will be!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [TriRyno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRyno wrote:
I'm in for the M30-34 sprint. Hoping for a top 25 and an opportunity for Chicago but we shall see... There are some fast dudes out there!

I'm also in for the Sprint trying to grab a 30-34 spot.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wbattaile wrote:
Last year 2:03 was on the bubble in M35-39. Based on info a few posts back, there are some pretty fast guys showing up that didn't race last year.

Yeah, last year 18th was roughly 2:05, 25th was roughly 2:06. Should be interesting!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
wbattaile wrote:

Yeah, last year 18th was roughly 2:05, 25th was roughly 2:06. Should be interesting!

The combination of Chicago AND the loss of Vegas as the HIM worlds is going to make this an incredibly DEEP race. 2:00 won't get you on 20-45 AG Podium.. Considering they are 10 deep that is crazy fast! I can't wait. I hope to get caught up in all the emotion (some fast feet on the swim, a legal draft on the bike) and run in with a 1:59.999999999

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aust1227 wrote:
I am only racing the olympic.. We start at 7:20.. Done at 9:22.. .

How is this possible? First age group goes at 7:30??

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team