Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In & In. M35-39, just happy to be there. Say hi when you pass me on the run. Also at the pfister, and signed up for pretty much all the ancillary stuff, which I rarely/never do, but since the wife and kids decided to skip this one and I don't want to cruise around Milwaukee on a tri bike Saturday evening, it seemed like the best use of my time.

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the M45-49 Oly. Just looking forward to the experience since there will be some seriously fast people who will make me feel really slow.

"For those who understand, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
F55-59 Oly. Looking forward to seeing all the really fast BA women in my age group and hoping to finish ~ 50%. Coming from Ohio.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
darkhorsetri wrote:
In for Oly & sprint...M35-39.

Just checked my list - you're one of the 14 in the "faster" category.

Wish I were joking about having a list...

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of my friends has been giving me little updates about the M35-39 field. I don't see how y'all even come up with a list.

I'll be there, M35-39 for the Olympic
And I hate this distance. It just lasts longer than it should to hurt that bad.

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Last edited by: Borden: Aug 5, 14 3:48
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Borden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Borden wrote:
And I hate this distance. It just lasts longer than it should to hurt that bad.

LOL! I agree 100%!!

I'm "racing" in the Oly, M40-44. Just looking to PR the course from last year. If I match my run and swim, my much improved bike should shave off a couple minutes. Really is amazing how fast some of you are. I'm envious.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In for the Oly, M 25-29.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Post it or it does not exist......
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In for the OLY....male 30-34. Hopefully can stay within shouting distance of Adam Webber who is participating this year. Will then be rooting for my sister at the Sprint on Sunday. Weather looks great. Good luck to everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M35-39 OLY.

Can't wait to watch the battle out in the front of Wave 1!
Harms, Burke, Stubleski, darkhorse, sentania, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [danstu4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
danstu4 wrote:
I'm in for the olympic(m35-39)
Will be there from thurs tell sat after the race. Racing Steelhead on sun in Benton Harbor.

Let me guess you'll race the swim/bike then jog a nice easy 36:00 (slower than 70.3 pace) or so since you'll probably be in the top 2 at that point already.

Now you'll only kick my ass by about 1 minute less.

I guess Steelhead is on your way back home, so why not race it. Good thing I think 35-39 goes off first at nationals.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmg wrote:

Thought about it - maybe not to derail this thread, but as its own. Then I got a little paranoid and worried that it might be bulletin board material for the 26 guys in the "close" category. They're the ones I'm really competing with for Worlds.

Are you 35-39 sprint?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [MI TRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a schedule conflict that made racing difficult. When I saw the 35-39 AG got the first wave I kicked myself for not entering.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, OLY. Looks like Michigan will be well represented in both races by some fast dudes. Originally from MI myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
rmg wrote:

Thought about it - maybe not to derail this thread, but as its own. Then I got a little paranoid and worried that it might be bulletin board material for the 26 guys in the "close" category. They're the ones I'm really competing with for Worlds.

Are you 35-39 sprint?

How did you put your list together? I did a quick comparison of the M40-44 Oly list to the current USAT rankings. I am in the top 15-20 or so entries after removing the 44 year olds who will actually be racing for a M45-49 spot on the US team. However, I did not go back and guess which 39 year olds will be racing for a M40-44 spot. Makes it difficult to know if you have a spot after the race because they have to do the "age up" adjustment before handing out US team spots.

But I think I am in the hunt which is all the motivation I need! ;-)

Quote | Reply
USAT rankings probably would have been smarter. I used Athlinks and did a quick sort - if they smoked me in a common race (mainly Nationals last year or Chicago ITU this year) or laid down an Olympic under 2:10 I put them on the "faster" list.

If times in recent common races were close or OD races were between 2:10 and 2:20, I put them in "close". Sometimes with no common races or recent OD races I'd dig into their splits/ finish place in sprints.

It should be a much faster race this year than last year. Last year it looks like 18th was 1:09:46, 25th was 1:12:57. 54 men started. Last time I checked this year it is up to 122 guys racing. I can't imagine anything over 1:08 gets in top 25 this year.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I seriously considered doing something similar for my AG. Frankly, I'm not sure if I want to know where I stack up...
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [MI TRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI TRI wrote:
M35-39 OLY.

Add my buddy "Turningscrews" to that list.... or wait...never mind... I think he's trying to fly under the radar. Like it matters.

Pretty cool, possibly the best battle of the day will be right out of the gate, 1st wave. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Last edited by: motoguy128: Aug 5, 14 13:33
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
MI TRI wrote:
M35-39 OLY.

Add my buddy "Twistingscrews" to that list.... or wait...never mind... I think he's trying to fly under the radar. Like it matters.

Pretty cool, possibly the best battle of the day will be right out of the gate, 1st wave. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

Last year M40-44 was first. That was nice for us swimmers.

Quote | Reply
Dang Mark, now I am wondering if I made your list or not! Good luck on Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark M wrote:
Dang Mark, now I am wondering if I made your list or not! Good luck on Sunday.

Yes. Good luck to you!
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [HBB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HBB wrote:
I'm in for the M45-49 Oly. Just looking forward to the experience since there will be some seriously fast people who will make me feel really slow.

Haha, same age group and have the same feelings of excitement when it comes to the fast ones go by. An oly pr is all I ask for.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
MI TRI wrote:
M35-39 OLY.

Add my buddy "Turningscrews" to that list.... or wait...never mind... I think he's trying to fly under the radar. Like it matters.

Yes! I agree! I'm also in for OLY F50-54, representing darkhorse tri.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like I will be fighting for scraps in the M35-39... My best case scenario leaves me with a 2:03.

For those that raced this course last year, is it blazing fast? Appears to be very flat.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
35-39 through Chicago and some other smaller races. After looking at some of the times near the top, I am just looking to have a good race, and cover the distance faster than I have before. Should be a great weekend, weather looks perfect.

Good luck,
Sean
Quote Reply

Prev Next