Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [corduroy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M50-54 Olympic, qualified in a local sprint and almost fell over when I got the invite email from USAT, this is my first year swimming, and my first year doing triathlon. If you see someone backstroke occasionally that's me. I'm almost certain I'll be last out of the water, but hope to avoid last place in age group by catching up to 1 or 2 racers during the bike and run.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
Racing the sprint - 55-59. A relative long shot for the top 25. I'm going to have to pull something special out of my suitcase of courage. First short course nationals since the mid 90s in Chicago and probably my most important race in more than a decade. Looking forward to racing a major event with my best friends and teammates.

I've read your post for years and figured we are living a simlar tri life in different part of the conuntry. Seems w both have been at it for years, now focused on sprints, the thrill of being a virgin long past. Didnt you write for Triathlon Today also?

I will be there also 55-59 racing the sprint with no realistic chance at top 25. Not gonna happen. (I should have picked my parents more carefully). But thought I would drive from the Twin Cities and give it a whirl (first nationals ever in 29 seasons).

You can draft my feet in the swim if you think it would help....(likely not) but if we run into each other this weekend I will give you a knowing nod and a high five.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [PattiTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PattiTris wrote:
I'm in for the sprint. I went last year (having qualified for the Oly) but decided to do the sprint after a bout with cancer/radiation and not enough training. My goal is to go faster than last year!

Milwaukee is excellent - this year we are making a road trip out of it and we leave tomorrow afternoon after I get out of work!!!

Patti in NJ

Good luck Patti - you're part of Paramount?

Timex
GU Energy
Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey, thanks for this. yes, i will be in edmonton…..and, from what i hear, we'll have greatly improved water quality over the 2001
worlds there.
peggy
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [corduroy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Corduroy, no, I'm just little ol' Patti! :)

Patti in NJ
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the M30-34 sprint. Hoping for a top 25 and an opportunity for Chicago but we shall see... There are some fast dudes out there!
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In for the Oly, M45-49. We are leaving Dallas on Wednesday afternoon and stopping somewhere around St. Louis. Then doing the remainder of the drive on Thursday. Hoping to put in a decent showing and if everything goes right, I might sneak in the tail end of the qualify in my AG.

We are making a serious road trip out of this adventure. After we finish in Milwaukee, we are heading to Chicago for 2 days, then hit up some family in Michigan for a day before heading over to Sandusky, Oh to spend a few days at Cedar Point. Then down to Kentucky, Tennessee, and then back to Dallas. 2500 miles total in 10 days. Should be a fun trip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in for the Olympic and Sprint M30-34. Goal is to race smart on Saturday and have enough left for top 25 AG on Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [se7930] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm driving over from Madison for the Sprint (F45-49). Would love to qualify for a Worlds I could drive to (Chicago) :)

Anyone know what the water temp in Milwaukee is looking like?

Glenda
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [gmatom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gmatom wrote:
I'm driving over from Madison for the Sprint (F45-49). Would love to qualify for a Worlds I could drive to (Chicago) :)

Anyone know what the water temp in Milwaukee is looking like?

Glenda

66 on Saturday
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Steve,

I'm serious enough that I have made a list of everyone 54-58 racing to see if I have a chance. I think I found you and a photo of you online. I'll be the Dana Carvey look-alike in the Team HFP uni. I plan to be wearing a black t-shirt with the phrase a pan y agua (on bread and water) on race day when I'm out of the uni. No testosterone supplementation for me. :)

Yes, I wrote for Triathlon Today and Inside Tri.

Hope to meet you this weekend!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Racing M35-39. First time racing Nationals. I will be happy with a PR or top half of my age group (or both). Looking forward to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Olympic... Codger class 65-69
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
definitely Jaret! I get in on Thursday afternoon, leave Sunday afternoon, flying in and out of Milwaukee.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there in M45-49 for the Olympic.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In for the Olympic in M40-44.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dangit... and me with my lightsaber in the shop getting a new focusing crystal. :/

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In for Oly & sprint...M35-39.

Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
Hey Steve,

I'm serious enough that I have made a list of everyone 54-58 racing to see if I have a chance. I think I found you and a photo of you online. I'll be the Dana Carvey look-alike in the Team HFP uni. I plan to be wearing a black t-shirt with the phrase a pan y agua (on bread and water) on race day when I'm out of the uni. No testosterone supplementation for me. :)

Yes, I wrote for Triathlon Today and Inside Tri.

Hope to meet you this weekend!

I wrote for Triathlon Today also back in the day. Including an interview with a teenage "person who shall not be named". I've done a bit of athlink stalking in my day.

I will look for you...and you got nothing to worry about with me. If you are on the bubble for top 25 that just makes it more interesting.. I will be racing in a black front "Gear West" singlet that is red on the back. Perhaps I will see you on the out and back on the run.

Good Luck and I will pull for you getting into the top 25!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the olympic(m35-39)
Will be there from thurs tell sat after the race. Racing Steelhead on sun in Benton Harbor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the OLY m35-39. Family/kids not making it for this race so hoping to experience a little Milwaukee microbrew culture after the race. Any interested parties or knowledgeable tour guides feel free to chime in. Staying at Pfister.
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lake Front Brewery. go take a tour. well worth it. a good time.

and I'm in. Olympic M35-39. First Oly in 2 years. Hoping for the best, whatever that may be:)
Quote Reply
Re: USAT Age Group Olympic Nats Roll call 2014 - Milwaukee, WI [danstu4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that means you'll be taking it easy Saturday right ????

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there for the sprint M30-34. Just heading up Saturday afternoon and making a quickie out of it, leaving the kid with the in-laws so wifey and I can both race. I've been on a bit of a slump with some disappointing performances my last 3 races so I am hoping for a confidence booster going into the OLY at Edmonton. Hoping it is just as much fun and perfect weather as it was last year, great race venue!

Powertap / Cycleops / Saris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In for the Oly M35-39.

Not sure how it'll go, as I qualified end of last year and had a lot of personal stuff blow up since then this year. Did IMCdA in June though, so should have some good base. Coin flip how the race will go, but I'm gonna give it my all. :)

--
I ride Felt.
Quote Reply

Prev Next