Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Schulbub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when I did mine they were EXTREMELY tight. definitely ubernasty level. took some mean wrenching to get them off. I had a friend hold the frame in place and used a lot of leverage to break through and unscrew the bosses. it can be done!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quangtt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love your setup. Very similar to mine and looks stunning!

Sam Betten
Aussie Professional Triathelte
Twitter: @SamBetten
Instagram @SamBetten
Blog: sambetten.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [quangtt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like you and Sam both went with the Sworks module (looking at the paint scheme) but neither of you appear to have the Magura hydraulic brakes that it comes with. Did you replace them with something else or am I mistaken as usual?

-Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mr. Bubble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PANIC ATTACK TIME.

I got my Shiv a year ago. WIthin a couple of weeks, the seat clamp issue happened. The shop tried to fix, that took 2 weeks, and was a disaster. Ultimatley between my LBS and Specialized, they were great, and got the frame replaced.

Forward a year. Last night as I was cleaning the bike, I just noticed, that on one side the insert has started to slip. I have an IM overseas in a couple of weeks.

Is there a proven fix that works, or is frame replacement the only option? Is there anyway to fix and reinforce? I will take 100 g of added weight over the strees of worrying wether this will hold up or not.

I love the bike, but I'm concerened, as I need the bike to ride for last weeks of training, and am leaving to travel overseas for my A race that I have been preparing for 2 years now, in just a couple of weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mr. Bubble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jeff,

I bought this frame a couple of months before they announced the version with the Magura hydraulic brakes.
I think they started to ship them with the Magura when the 2014 version was released

- Quang
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CJAC wrote:
PANIC ATTACK TIME.

I got my Shiv a year ago. WIthin a couple of weeks, the seat clamp issue happened. The shop tried to fix, that took 2 weeks, and was a disaster. Ultimatley between my LBS and Specialized, they were great, and got the frame replaced.

Forward a year. Last night as I was cleaning the bike, I just noticed, that on one side the insert has started to slip. I have an IM overseas in a couple of weeks.

Is there a proven fix that works, or is frame replacement the only option? Is there anyway to fix and reinforce? I will take 100 g of added weight over the strees of worrying wether this will hold up or not.

I love the bike, but I'm concerened, as I need the bike to ride for last weeks of training, and am leaving to travel overseas for my A race that I have been preparing for 2 years now, in just a couple of weeks.

Get to your LBS yesterday. Get Specialized to overnight a frame. They have done it for others.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have to remove the seat post to transport the bike.
My wife runs an XS so we don't bother to avoid the issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [coxy_in_nz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used Araldite on mine - worked perfectly.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [grubba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grubba wrote:
I used Araldite on mine - worked perfectly.

How long have it held up so far?

From what I have found on line, there doesn't seem to be anybody else that had long term success with epoxy. Be awesome if that was the case though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12 months and 71kg
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [grubba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grubba wrote:
12 months and 71kg

LBS epoxyed it back in, just the tension of holding the seat post pulled it right back out. They are working with Specialized on a new frame. Hope they get it replaced right away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I admit...I'm a dummy. I need someone to give me a simple answer.

I have a 2013 Shiv Expert, with a FSA SL-K Light BB30 crank. If I wanted to add a Stages power meter (or possibly a P2Max) ... which one would I buy?

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wondering If some one could post a pic of the seat post issue plagued by some riders?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dprocket wrote:

I have a 2013 Shiv Expert, with a FSA SL-K Light BB30 crank. If I wanted to add a Stages power meter (or possibly a P2Max) ... which one would I buy?

I purchased the entire crankset when I purchased the Stages meter. I changed the crank length, gear ratio, and moved to a SRAM crankset because the rest of my components were SRAM.

I believe you need to buy the Stages FSA BB30 crank that matches the length of your existing crank arms. The crank arm on your bike will have the length somewhere on it. Mine was 170mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [NewbieTri100] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NewbieTri100 wrote:
dprocket wrote:

I purchased the entire crankset when I purchased the Stages meter. I changed the crank length, gear ratio, and moved to a SRAM crankset because the rest of my components were SRAM.

I believe you need to buy the Stages FSA BB30 crank that matches the length of your existing crank arms. The crank arm on your bike will have the length somewhere on it. Mine was 170mm.

Thanks. Again...dummy asking....

If I got the FSA crank, it would not match my SL-K crank....(same brand, and same length, but I assume it would look different). Unless I bought an entirely new crank...right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dprocket wrote:

Thanks. Again...dummy asking....

If I got the FSA crank, it would not match my SL-K crank....(same brand, and same length, but I assume it would look different). Unless I bought an entirely new crank...right?

Stages currently do not have any carbon crank options like the SL-K. It is something that they are working on, but the last I read on this there is no availability timeline.

Stages FSA crank arm...

SL-K crank (if yours is the same one as mine)

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Iakona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a small chip running along the top tube, about 1/2mm in size, any idea's on removing or polishing it out?

I'm pretty OCD about these things.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [SamH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I own a Shiv Elite Apex - anyone know if the Fuelcell will fit on that bike, or is it for the more advanced carbon bikes only?
Any good alternatives if it doesn't fit?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [sstian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can add the fuelcell to any bike with the ability to put a water bottle holder. I've no idea on what impact -/+ it would have in aerodynamic but if you feel it would help you, I say do it. I find the fuelcell very helpful holding those things I hope not to use, C02,tube etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CJAC wrote:
PANIC ATTACK TIME.

New frame is in, excited to pick up my bike today.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if the Shimano Ultegra BR-6810 brakes will work/fit on the Shiv?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [skwan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skwan wrote:
Does anyone know if the Shimano Ultegra BR-6810 brakes will work/fit on the Shiv?

I'm interested in that as well. Does anyone have access to the measurements of the BR-6810? The tech docs from Shimano are no help.

Greetings from the German Wine Route,
Roland
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am on round 2 with my seat post failure as well. I have an IM in 5 weeks... Hopefully I get a quick turnaround!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jbolles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the market for a new bike (just sold my 2012 QR CD0.1 Red), and can score a 2013 Shiv Expert at a solid price. Is there any reasons why you would not recommend this bike? A friend had it and said he would experience some serious wobble due to crosswind, which ultimately resulted in him getting rid of the bike. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [rglov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have that exact bike. I don't know what he's talking about and I would definitely recommend it. Great bike. I noticed differences in the way the bike handles in crosswinds, but that was only when I added a 60/90 Flo wheelset...and that is more because I had never ridden a deep wheel-set before. I used to ride a Cervelo dual and this bike handles much better all around than that bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next