Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I go with running briefs, they just keep things in place. I wear them with my bike bibs too.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/...eryday-brief-3-pack/

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iron Buckeye wrote:
Like others here, I buy shorts without a liner and wear tri shorts under them.

This reminds me. When I do bricks and/or transition runs I usually just slip on a pair of shorts over my bib shirts. It might not make too much sense now that I think of it but I'm too lazy to take off the bib shorts and too shy to run in them.
Quote Reply
Re: [Serious] Guys, what do you wear under your running shorts? [stayaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear those Sugoi Titan 9" shorts and they are straight gold. Haven't had any discomfort yet.
Quote Reply
Re: [Serious] Guys, what do you wear under your running shorts? [stayaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You guys are all nuts. You're all either way over- or under-thinking this. I don't care how much money you spend, shorts liners and tri/bike shorts are NOT shaped to do this job justice. Get over your irrational, high-school-locker-room-induced fears and just get some Bike brand jockstraps...the running ones with the 1-1.25 inch waistband. They keep things where they belong. There is no compression (why would you want that there?!). They breathe. They don't chafe. They are inexpensive. You won't land on bits when doing a flying bike mount.

And what the hell are you guys doing running in shorts with a 5-inch inseam?! Might as well be wearing those knickerbockers all the NBA players are wearing these days! No wonder you're chafing with all that excess fabric in there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stayaero wrote:
Every time I get running shorts with the built in underwear, it never seems to keep the "boys" still. Some running shorts are better than others but I've never found shorts that did the job right. So I end up wearing compression shorts under my running shorts. Do I just need to size down or is this normal?

I've never worn anything under my running shorts, and actually i can't stand running in the "compression shorts" since I dislike anything fitting tightly against my legs. I do wear bike shorts if I am biking but switch to running shorts if running after my bike. In tri races, I've always just worn just my Speedo; none of the races I've ever done have any requirement for a shirt.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: [WiScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Champion running shorts from Target are the best buy overall. They are very comfortable and affordable. They run about $15/pair. I find them roomy, but they also have the built in brief that keeps the boys in place. They may not be name brand, but really as men we're all buying black running shorts anyway right?

WiScott wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:
justarunner wrote:
If you have this problem you're either...

1) Wearing shitty low quality running shorts.

2) Wearing too large of a size.

If you wear high quality (read, expensive) running shorts you will not have this issue, they will hold your balls in place. Look at anything by Nike and you won't have this problem, especially if you start looking at their pairs that near $50. You'll be just fine.

This, except I have actually found that the Champion running shorts at Target are very good as well. Only thing i dont like is they tend oto be a bit long. Shorter the running shorts, the better.

Ditto. The Champion ones from Target ($15-20) work great for me and last several years. Just wish they were a few inches shorter.

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You all must have the skin of a newborn.

Anything less than 2 hours and I am fine with standard cotton briefs. I wear that under standard mesh shorts. Over 2 hours and I'll wear my Brooks shorts with the liner, but that has more to do with the shorts than the underwear.
Quote Reply
Re: [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't realize I'm an anomaly, but all I've ever worn is some plain 'ol tighty whiteys under my running shorts. And I wear shorts that have a liner, either a brief style liner or a compression short style liner. Works fine for any distance.

The things you learn...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.brooksrunning.com/en_us/equilibrium-brief/210041.html
Quote Reply
Re: [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear cheap boxer briefs under mine, I could run with nothing but the few times ive had ' to go ' while out on a run the briefs make for luxury tp.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: [stayaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just wear tri shorts. That's all I wear ever since getting into tris in 2002. I like things streamlined and hate having excess fabric flapping around. Also beats having to buy tri shorts AND shorts for running.
Quote Reply
Re: [Koz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are wearing a Bike brand jockstrap I agree that today's compression gear probably won't work for you. And what is a knickerbocker?
Quote Reply
Re: [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've gone with the tri-shorts for those long runs now myself. I wore those split sided running shorts for a few years; and still wear them at times in the summer. I just add a light supporter underneath, which is sold by Road Runner Sports, for additional support.
Quote Reply
Re: [Road90] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A few years after I wrote "Only wear tri shorts" in post #30 (in 2014) I moved to run shorts for "run only" days.

It wasn't because of functionality, I can run it either, it was because running shorts are cheaper than tri shorts and I was wearing out the fabric inside the legs of my tri shorts.
Quote Reply

Prev Next