Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: [Serious] Guys, what do you wear under your running shorts? [stayaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like others here, I buy shorts without a liner and wear tri shorts under them.
Quote Reply
Re: [Serious] Guys, what do you wear under your running shorts? [stayaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear these http://www.brooksrunning.com/...001.045.html#start=4

keeps the boys in place with the mesh boxer liner
Quote Reply
Re: [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's only 2 companies that make good 2in1 shorts, asics and zoot.

Actually, I just bought a couple of Nike 2&1's and I love them. I have a great, older pair of Pearls too. I got some reebok 2&1's on sale. Bad choice there.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: [justarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justarunner wrote:
If you have this problem you're either...

1) Wearing shitty low quality running shorts.

2) Wearing too large of a size.

If you wear high quality (read, expensive) running shorts you will not have this issue, they will hold your balls in place. Look at anything by Nike and you won't have this problem, especially if you start looking at their pairs that near $50. You'll be just fine.

This.

I've had good luck with Pearl Izumi and Salomon, sometimes I use a little body glide and/or chamois cream if I'm running long, especially if it's hot and humid. I've gone as long as 14 hrs (in the summer) w/o any chafing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only wear tri shorts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"My Package" underwear (keeps everything away from the inner thighs) and a good amount of anti chafe cream. works like a charm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing. Although I do like the Asics shorts with the built in compression brief for longer runs.

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wear the shorts with the built-in liners. They're fine. They've been fine for 35 years.

But even if I didn't, I have to admit I cannot even begin to understand the desire to "compress" one's nether regions...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently you need to size down....on the "boys."
Quote Reply
Re: [justarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justarunner wrote:

If you wear high quality (read, expensive) running shorts you will not have this issue, they will hold your balls in place. Look at anything by Nike and you won't have this problem, especially if you start looking at their pairs that near $50. You'll be just fine.

This, except I have actually found that the Champion running shorts at Target are very good as well. Only thing i dont like is they tend oto be a bit long. Shorter the running shorts, the better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brooks Sherpa IV very comfy

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Asics with built-in compression liner. Best shorts ever!
http://www.amazon.com/Asics-Mens-Short-Large-Steel/dp/B008RDG89E/ref=sr_1_1?s=athletic-clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1406898521&sr=1-1&keywords=shorts+with+compression+liner

--------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned SAXX. I wear brooks running shorts, but I know a few people who just can't seem to wear them. I help out at a local running store and we sell SAXX.

www.saxxunderwear.com

---------------------------------------------
I taught Chuck Norris everything he knows

Quote Reply
Re: [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
justarunner wrote:

This, except I have actually found that the Champion running shorts at Target are very good as well. Only thing i dont like is they tend oto be a bit long. Shorter the running shorts, the better.

Ditto. The Champion ones from Target ($15-20) work great for me and last several years. Just wish they were a few inches shorter.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: [davearm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davearm wrote:
I also have no issues, and an all Nike inventory.

Same as this guy...all Nike running shorts and no issues. I even have 1 pair that I bought (it was on clearance at the local Nike Outlet) that instead of built in briefs instead had a built in compression liner instead (I don't like this one for running long distances though personally and require bodyglide to run with this one). This pair is a Pro-Combat style. I usually spend $10-20 a pair for Nikes since I have a close enough outlet store to me (and I scour the clearance racks for them).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stayaero wrote:
Every time I get running shorts with the built in underwear, it never seems to keep the "boys" still. Some running shorts are better than others but I've never found shorts that did the job right. So I end up wearing compression shorts under my running shorts. Do I just need to size down or is this normal?

Are you buying shorts that are too big? Maybe you are just built like a horse. I've never had an issue. I often get more chaffing and comfort issues in tight fitting tri suits and tri shorts.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: [CoreyLMay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CoreyLMay wrote:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned SAXX. I wear brooks running shorts, but I know a few people who just can't seem to wear them. I help out at a local running store and we sell SAXX.

www.saxxunderwear.com[/quote]

Oh yea. Forget the running, SAXX is the best men's underwear in the world. Those who have not experienced them, are missing out. Only wear SAXX now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stayaero wrote:
Every time I get running shorts with the built in underwear, it never seems to keep the "boys" still. Some running shorts are better than others but I've never found shorts that did the job right. So I end up wearing compression shorts under my running shorts. Do I just need to size down or is this normal?

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoeO wrote:
I just wear the shorts with the built-in liners. They're fine. They've been fine for 35 years.

But even if I didn't, I have to admit I cannot even begin to understand the desire to "compress" one's nether regions...

This.

Even for marathons I would just use a good pair of running shorts.

And as a cyclist/triathlete I've always shaved up to the beanbags anyway, so no real chafing issues. ;-P

Quote | Reply
Nike shorts. No problems.

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My sox

as in: "What does a Scotsman wear beneath his kilt?"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to wear nothing until I saw the movie Juno. Now I'm way too self-conscious and don't want to offend the ladies, so I wear a wicking brief under there. Also helps keep the bacon strips in the shorts liner at bay.

Scene from Juno that ruined it for me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6faS7jrebU
Quote Reply
Re: [T-wrecks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri shorts or compression shorts
Quote Reply
Re: [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
prattzc wrote:
There's only 2 companies that make good 2in1 shorts, asics and zoot. Asics have lost a bit of my confidence as their compression liner is made with a material that seems a bit weaker and thinner than previous years but they still work well. The zoot ultra shorts are really good. The best are the shorts with thigh long compression liners and has a large zipper pocket on the butt. There is also a shorter version with a bikini brief liner, but I don't like them for long runs (over 8 miles). Great for 10k races though!

If all that fails, under armor makes a runners square brief. It's awesome!!

Saucony 2-1 is a good option too.

x2

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I feel like a naked innocent boy roaming the countryside!"

As to the OP - commando here, just need a pair of running shorts with a good liner.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply

Prev Next