Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
[Serious] Guys, what do you wear under your running shorts?
Quote | Reply
Every time I get running shorts with the built in underwear, it never seems to keep the "boys" still. Some running shorts are better than others but I've never found shorts that did the job right. So I end up wearing compression shorts under my running shorts. Do I just need to size down or is this normal?
Quote Reply
Re: [Serious] Guys, what do you wear under your running shorts? [stayaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cut out the liner in the shorts and wear compression shorts under
Quote Reply
Re: [Serious] Guys, what do you wear under your running shorts? [stayaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cut those awful liners off and wear a speedo underneath.
Quote Reply
Re: [CBJFan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear tri shorts under my running shorts, realised a few years ago how stupid I look wearing split side running shorts without anything underneath.
Quote Reply
Re: [nickag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nada.

JW (on the comback trail)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wear compression shorts. It's a waste of money to buy running shorts if you're just going to wear something underneath.
Quote Reply
Re: [krez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just my balls.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri shorts sometimes, other times compression shorts and I'll throw a pair of gym shorts on from when I was 6" shorter than I am now.

I have one pair of running shorts with a built-in liner that has a bit of compression. I'll wear those too. Retired a couple pairs that ripped the shreds out of my undersides.

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's only 2 companies that make good 2in1 shorts, asics and zoot. Asics have lost a bit of my confidence as their compression liner is made with a material that seems a bit weaker and thinner than previous years but they still work well. The zoot ultra shorts are really good. The best are the shorts with thigh long compression liners and has a large zipper pocket on the butt. There is also a shorter version with a bikini brief liner, but I don't like them for long runs (over 8 miles). Great for 10k races though!

If all that fails, under armor makes a runners square brief. It's awesome!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
speedo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UA compression or UA 6" underwear, my shorts are nike with a liner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Old speedo that is no longer suitable for the pool.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nothing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all of your input! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm going to take your word on the Zoot shorts and try them out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used to wear compression shorts but realized there is no need to wear anything when you have a good built in liner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have this problem you're either...

1) Wearing shitty low quality running shorts.

2) Wearing too large of a size.

If you wear high quality (read, expensive) running shorts you will not have this issue, they will hold your balls in place. Look at anything by Nike and you won't have this problem, especially if you start looking at their pairs that near $50. You'll be just fine.

The Home of Advanced Running
Advanced Running Instagram Page
My narcisstic training log
Quote Reply
Re: [justarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with this. I have four pairs of Nike 5" inseam running shorts that I rotate and I wear nothing underneath them.
Quote Reply
Re: [Dinsky11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I wear 85% nike.

But...if I ever come across a pair of Hind running shorts at a Marshalls or in some bin I hijack them so fast. I was such a huge fan, too bad saucony bought them and shut'em down.

The Home of Advanced Running
Advanced Running Instagram Page
My narcisstic training log
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10lbs of dangling fury
Quote Reply
Re: [justarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also have no issues, and an all Nike inventory.
Quote Reply
Re: [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mungub50 wrote:
Old speedo that is no longer suitable for the pool.

^^^This (if you need it), otherwise nada.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I try not to wear shorts with a built-in brief as the elasticated edges of the brief can be really variable in quality and I've had some bad chafing after a few hours running. Also, for trail runs over two hours I wear a Salomon S-Lab belt and it tends to wick sweat from my shirt to my shorts, so everything is soaked. Compression shorts help; I use Nike or Under Armour. I have just got some Arc'teryx shorts with a brief (despite what I said above!) and they were great during their inaugural run (35km trail run in 30°C heat). Im going to try the Salomon S-Lab 2-in-1 shorts, which I've seen at 40% discount. Full retail for those shorts makes your eyes water more than a nasty case of chafing!
Last edited by: JerseyBigfoot: Aug 1, 14 2:15
Quote Reply
Re: [Dinsky11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here and it works fine for me. I assume sizing is key.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My skin.
Quote Reply
Re: [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
There's only 2 companies that make good 2in1 shorts, asics and zoot. Asics have lost a bit of my confidence as their compression liner is made with a material that seems a bit weaker and thinner than previous years but they still work well. The zoot ultra shorts are really good. The best are the shorts with thigh long compression liners and has a large zipper pocket on the butt. There is also a shorter version with a bikini brief liner, but I don't like them for long runs (over 8 miles). Great for 10k races though!

If all that fails, under armor makes a runners square brief. It's awesome!!

Saucony 2-1 is a good option too.
Quote Reply

Prev Next