Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I have seen a Cervelo cross bike in the window..
Quote | Reply
I see a "priceless" price tag on a Cervelo "cross" bike in the window at Endurosports in Toronto. Whats the scoop? are we getting a Cervelo cross bike or not? Damon?

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply
Re: I have seen a Cervelo cross bike in the window.. [Mister944] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like this?

Quote Reply
Re: I have seen a Cervelo cross bike in the window.. [Mister944] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R3 Mud? They don't make many of those.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
like this

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and this

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kinda cool, but they need to add some hydraulic discs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mister,

We've no plans to produce more cross bikes. We're keeping busy enough for now, engineering faster road and tri bikes. ;-)

The R3 cross in the window is one of the few (three?) we made for Jonathan Page. Durk posted a nice photo of one of them above.

It's based on the R3. We used the existing front triangle, made a new mold for the chainstays and BB, and used an existing open mold for the seat stays. The geometry was an output, not an input - the longer front fork raised the front end of the frame, in a happy coincidence raising the bottom bracket while slackening the head tube angle. But the resulting geometry is not what one would really have chosen when designing a CX bike from a blank slate.

Nevertheless, in 2007 Jonathan raced it to an admirable second place to win the silver medal at World's in Hooglede-Gits, Belgium. Despite several 'cross fanatics on staff lobbying hard for it, and having gone so far as to having drawn up frame centreline dimensions for a full size run, every year when it came time to decide to produce it or not, a different model took higher priority and we never quite found the time and resources to put the bike into production. It's a piece of history now!

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Last edited by: damon_rinard: Jul 17, 14 16:54
Quote Reply
Re: I have seen a Cervelo cross bike in the window.. [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Damon.... I would buy one in a minute... would look great with my R3...
Jeff

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply
Re: I have seen a Cervelo cross bike in the window.. [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it is time to revisit that plan. An Rcx would be a nice addition to the lineup.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: I have seen a Cervelo cross bike in the window.. [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
I think it is time to revisit that plan. An Rcx would be a nice addition to the lineup.

S5 mud. World's first Aero cross bike.
Quote Reply
Re: I have seen a Cervelo cross bike in the window.. [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what I have been asking for! Aero CX bike for one bike to rule them all.

S5 with room for 40mm tires would fit the bill. Some mini-v brakes and a few sets of wheels/tires. Done.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply