Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE
Quote | Reply
ALRIGHT EVERYONE, QUIT YOUR ENDLESS YAPPING ABOUT WHEEL SELECTION, INJURIES AND LANCE SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT SOMETHING IMPORTANT. IT'S AN HONOR FOR YOU TO READ WHAT I HAVE TO SAY, SO SHUT UP AND GIVE ME THE RESPECT I DESERVE. DARK MARK, @PAY10DEEP AND MYSELF ARE DOING SOMETHING AMAZING TO RAISE AWARENESS. AWARENESS THAT ANDREW MISTAKE AND HIS CRONIES ARE A BUNCH OF GREEDY ASSHOLES.

WE HAVE ALREADY RAISED $275 FOR THE 7TH PLACE FINISHERS OF IRONMAN LAKE PLACID. IN A SEPARATE AWARDS CEREMONY, WE WILL GIVE THEM A GIANT CHECK AND A KICK ASS TROPHY.

HERE ARE THE DETAILS. http://www.gofundme.com/bdsgjs

#ROCKTHECOCK
#COCKSTRONG

Website
Contact me for Huub and Falco Discounts
Last edited by: TheRealStarky: Jul 11, 14 15:29
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doing it for the Gluten Tolerant wristband...and to help the pros...yeah, thats it.
Quote Reply
Re: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe the WTC can take some of the funds earned via the Refund program and funnel them into prize purses.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty cute that gluten tolerant thing. As a father of a child with celiac disease who gets to see what her life is like living around people like you, I really would like to introduce you to her so you can tell her how funny your little joke is. Yeah. That's really cool.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sinkinswimmer wrote:
Pretty cute that gluten tolerant thing. As a father of a child with celiac disease who gets to see what her life is like living around people like you, I really would like to introduce you to her so you can tell her how funny your little joke is. Yeah. That's really cool.

^^^^^what he said

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Celiac is a real disease, gluten "intolerance" is considered by some to be a merely a fad.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
btmoney wrote:
Celiac is a real disease, gluten "intolerance" is considered by some to be a merely a fad.

As creator of the Gluten Tolerance movement: what he said.

Internet User
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sinkinswimmer wrote:

Shut up!! I didn't take time out of my busy schedule so I could be criticized by some intolerant whiner. We are trying to change the sport and help less fortunate professional triathletes.

Just like a typical triathlete, you've found a way to make this all about you. Newsflash: the world doesn't revolve around you.

#GlutenTolerance #StopTheHate

Website
Last edited by: TheRealStarky: Jul 11, 14 17:15
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
btmoney wrote:

Who cares what some "consider" a gluten intolerance?

Some people consider IMLP a semi-tough bike ride surrounded by an easy run and a pool swim so giving any prize money at all seems unnecessary to begin with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazing satire, I can dig it. Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode about this? Anti Glutites....,

mikebikefit.com
Facebook: Cordova Bicycle Fitting
F.I.S.T Certified
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TheRealStarky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard you were a Pro, fastest man alive on MR. Garrisons IT bike.
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should probably donate to the silver level then

Internet User
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
sinkinswimmer wrote:
Newsflash: the world doesn't revolve around you.
-

Nor does it revolve around 7th place but that is for another thread. I am a bit confused. Your site says it will pay 7th place for men and women. Your goal for this is stated at $2,000 on the web site. That is $1,000 each (minus fees, if any). 6th is getting $750. I guess I am confused on your math and distribution you spelled out.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [TriBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7th would pay more than 6th if we meet our goal. It could pay more than 1st if we blow it out of the water.

Website
Last edited by: TheRealStarky: Jul 11, 14 17:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
7th would pay more than 6th if we meet our goal. It could pay more than 1st if we blow it out of the water.

THE RACE FOR 7TH! I'd like to see someone in 6th stop short of the finish line and get passed for more dough. Really stick it to old Dickwad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What if it is an amateur?

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [Honey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honey wrote:
What if it is an amateur?

This is why I hate the slowtwitch forums. Why must you constantly ask dumb questions?

Website
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRealStarky wrote:
Epic possibility.
People racing for a separately designated position.
I'm 6th (pause just before finish) .....YES!!!
#TheRealWinner
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Honey [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honey wrote:
Sorry I wasn't being snarky. I was asking truthfully and apologize for not having read through the entire link.

I didn't think you were being snarky. I thought it was a dumb hypothetical question.

Website
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It wasn't. I just glossed over the info and wondered. Again, apologize for not reading it fully--it's just that last year; the 7th place woman was an amateur. That's all. I respect your endeavor.

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Last edited by: Honey: Jul 11, 14 18:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why apologize? People have to look so far into things when all they are trying to do is prove how cheap WTC is. I would live it if 7th got more than first, the winnings are a joke. If it wasn't for sponsors the local bowling team would make more than the winners.

And I am sure this was aimed directly at those with celiacs...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, yeah, 7th place was an amateur last year! (librarians like to look things up)

http://www.ironman.com/...s.aspx#axzz37DKRBr17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is going to be like "The Office" 5k episode where the cost of printing the over-sized check is more than the check amount.

Quote Reply
Re: 7th is the new 1st: IRONMAN LAKE PLACID PRIZE PURSE [dogmile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it just me or was there a link to this in Triathlete and now there isn't or am I remembering wrong?

mikebikefit.com
Facebook: Cordova Bicycle Fitting
F.I.S.T Certified
Quote Reply

Prev Next