Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Exige] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mark,

Was just wondering if you knew when the 2015 Shiv design and colours would be released?

From memory it is usually around September | October but just thought I would ask.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [christopherwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe that there is a July 15 announcement re specialized 2015 range
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am considering a new Shiv Pro Race and have a question related to aerobar adjustability. My fit is quite long and low, but I'm wondering if the medium Shiv is adjustable enough to accommodate my needs. Can I achieve a pad stack of 61 cm from BB center and pad reach of 52 cm from BB center? Would this setting be near the far boundaries of the mediums adjustability range? There isn't a medium in stock nearby to measure, so I'd appreciate any help.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ksmn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this will help. I own a Medium SHIV. I use the following to set it up.

Saddle height (BB to centre of saddle) - 728 mm
Saddle setback (BB to tip of saddle) - 19 mm
Arm Pad stack ( (BB to top of pad) - 628 mm
Arm Pad reach (BB to back of pad) - 386 mm
Grip reach (tip of saddle to front of grip) - 759 mm

If you want other measurements just ask.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ibohunt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your measurements. Our saddle height and pad stack are very close.
Could I ask you to look and see if you feel there is 12-15 cm of additional forward adjustment available on the pads.
I'm have a very long torso and don't want to be at the absolute end of the bar adjustments.

Have you posted a pic of your bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ksmn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any pictures. I could move the pads forward about 20 MM before they bumped into the clamps that the bars are on.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering if anybody has had this problem. My seat post is stuck in the frame. I have completely removed the screws and bracket holding the post. Any thoughts on how to get the seat post out? I'm trying to pack my bike to head out to race tomorrow or else I would take it to a shop.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mancala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same issue. I had applied a bit of carbon paste to keep it from slipping and then couldn't get it out again. What ended up working was wiggling the post forward and backward while simultaneously pulling up on the seat. I had a teammate help me hold the bike down so I could really put some force into it.
Word of advice, when you put it back together, be careful not to over tighten the seatpost bolts. I snapped one and now it's stuck in the frame...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [NMTrier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the helps, I ended up putting it in an bike stand by the seat post and doing what you suggested.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tri297] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same issue. Did you ever identify the proper size to replace this rusty bucket screw?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [woodmicha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

This is a very strange coincidence as I just searched for a shiv forum to ask about the same issue with the seatpost not moving. My Shiv Expert is only a couple of months old and was set up in a Specialized shop. They did a great job setting it up with the measurements but the other day I decided to raise my seat slightly and couldn’t budge it an inch. I managed to push it in further (in trying to get some movement in it) but regardless of what I’ve tried it will not move at all.

When I had a closer look at the assembly manual http://service.specialized.com/...nstruction-Guide.pdf

; page 20) it states that a "shim and top cap" should be installed at the front of the post, as well as the collar at the back.

On my Shiv there is no shim or topcap (only the collar at the back) and it looks like its the front of the post where the jam is occurring. Hopefully you can see from the pic that the symbol paint has been rubbed off where the post has met the frame where the shim should be. Does anyone else have this fitted on their Shiv?

Here is the link to some pics I put in another forum about this: http://www.bikeradar.com/...2973500&start=20

Perhaps I've got this all wrong, but i'm thinking it has been set up properly at the store. I'm taking it in this weekend so will find out.

Cheers

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Dale Cannon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By the looks of your description, you have the Triathlon version of the Shiv, not the Time trial version.

The Tri shiv does not have any shim- I have had personal experience of 2 S-Works frames and one Specialized Expert frame

Coxy
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [coxy_in_nz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just discovered, the other day, my seatpost was stuck also. Didn't need to adjust so not too concerned yet but traveling a couple of weeks and will need to remove it. I planned on using a rubber mallet on the seat to try to force it down to loosen it then figured I could pull it out. I could get it out before my last fitting in the fall so I'm not to concerned yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used the TriRig Omega SV on their Shiv. I just bought one last week to replace my rear brake. Whenever I swapped wheels, it took me forever to get the rear brake re-adjusted. I could never get it to pull straight, one side would always contact first. On the couple of test rides around my block with the Omega, it seems to work much better. Also super easy to adjust. We'll see how it goes at my race this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [coxy_in_nz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. Plus a google image search (following what I thought was a genius theory) showed that my shiv model doesn't come with a shim.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I managed to push it down but it won't budge back up at all. I'm reluctant to push it down more because there won't be much room left to work with to pull it up. If i were you i'd have a go now so you don't find out it's stuck when you go away. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Dale Cannon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
related problem, different bike.

My felt AR2 (old model) had a stuck seatpost. I managed to hit it down but it couldn't come back up!

Took me ages, I ended up taking the seatpost clamp off and it still wouldn't budge so I lubed it up using some WD40

Took a mallet and whacked my saddle from the bottom up and it eventually budged back up. Then put a little silicon grease on the post. Was a total pain in the arse
Last edited by: Mr.Pie: Jul 3, 14 16:17
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mr.Pie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greetings from Aruba. So I guess I put my bike on here yea? Love this thread.
[/url]

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tri297] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking at my Shiv Expert the aero bars are not parallel to each other. They get closer to each other as it gets closer to the shifters before where the tape starts. A problem with this is my XLab Torpedo slides forward during the ride. Should the bars be parallel to each other before the bar tilts up or not?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. For the torpedo mount (I also use one), try attaching the rear straps behind the arm pad mounts (if you have enough room on your aero extensions). Then the mount can't move forward.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [albertsonrm1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
albertsonrm1 wrote:
Nope. For the torpedo mount (I also use one), try attaching the rear straps behind the arm pad mounts (if you have enough room on your aero extensions). Then the mount can't move forward.
bingo!
That changes everything. Now I actually have decent room for my Garmin 510 out front. Before it was so far out towards the grip I couldn't get a good grip on my bars. Totally have a ton of room now.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [loutriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My local LBS had a 2015 Shiv Expert in stock they ordered for someone. Looked sharp. Same colors as the 14 but different orders of colors. The saddle is all black and the tape is black also. The crank is slightly different also.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Clayton,

I've been trying and trying to get the fuesalage into the frame and it just won't go in smoothly. It gets stuck and bent and folded up, then won't hold as much water and is difficult to fill or drink from because it's all bent up inside the frame. I simply can NOT get it through the little hole and into the small frame without problems. I'm about to give up and just use a bottle system, but I'm hoping I missed something?

kelly dunleavy o'mara
@kellydomara
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [kellydomara] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have the right size fuelsalge correct? There are different size fuelsalge's, you have to get the one for your frame size.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [hayai_240] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, it seems possible I don't. How would I know? (And, obviously, why would they give me one size of a bike with the wrong size fuesalage?)

kelly dunleavy o'mara
@kellydomara
Quote Reply

Prev Next