Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [albafar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know some athletes have used the Felt DA Vr holder on the BMC and it looks very good. Mounting it on the seat tube rather than the downtube will be better.
Not sure about fitting a Tufo....It might work but will be tight.

Hans

Hans Bielat
TorHans LLC Co-Founder, Owner, Chief Innovation Officer
http://www.torhans.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
albafar wrote:
And here comes my 2013 TM01 Ultegra size L. Any suggestions on how to get the Torhans VR even more flush other than electrical tape? I'm still uncertain if it should be uses hor hydration or storage. Have some of you guys ever tried to fit a Tufo Elite Jet < 160 into the VR?
How come the TM01 sizeL is not UCI legal whereas the other sizes seem to be??

I tried both the standard and Felt Torhans mount and was never happy enough to leave either on there. The Felt mount as low as possible on the seat tube or the standard mount as low as possible on the down tube (à la Starkey) were probably the best options. Didn't mess with tape. Not sure if they will fit the Tufo, but it sure fit sealant and CO2.

On the subject of carrying aerodynamic hydration, I found something I really like that works with the Time Machine seatpost and an Adamo saddle. I took apart a Profile Design seat rail mounted 2 bottle carrier, played with some zip ties and could not be any more happy with this solution. Two bottles securely behind the saddle, no movement and not in the way for a flying mount. (edit: added pics)

You could run longer bottles too if you can keep them in.

This would probably only work on an Adamo (or similar), otherwise you would be smacking the back of your thighs into it. I did have to move the cages up to the highest mounting slot to keep from hitting my legs. I use the same size rubber bands from attaching shoe loops to the skewer/derailleur to loop between the neck of the bottle and that black tab. Friction tape didn't seem to do enough. Haven't lost a bottle yet with the rubber bands and it's totally worth any extra hassle to keep from giving another rider something to hit. You can also loop extra rubber bands in the groove to tighten the cage all around. Now that I'm posting this, I feel like maybe I should do that instead. How did I forget that? I haven't actually tried using the bigger Polar bottles back there, it was just for a picture.

I'm curious if Damon hit it on the head with the UCI legal question. I never put any thought into it because I don't do anything UCI. The large is a pretty tall frame. ~40mm difference in stack between both mediums and the large sounds right.
Last edited by: dangle: Jul 1, 14 13:59
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Ted Striker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ted Striker wrote:
I know some athletes have used the Felt DA Vr holder on the BMC and it looks very good. Mounting it on the seat tube rather than the downtube will be better.
Not sure about fitting a Tufo....It might work but will be tight.

Hans

Thanks Hans,

I took the chance and now we all know that the Tufo Elite Jet <160 tubular fits. But it couldn't be just 1 mm wider ;-) And there is still plenty of room for CO2 etc.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Thanks for sharing and glad it worked!

Hans

Hans Bielat
TorHans LLC Co-Founder, Owner, Chief Innovation Officer
http://www.torhans.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so i have a TM01, i've had it over a year.

tonight as i pulled away from the start line at a time trial the drive side rear wheel adjuster for bringing the wheel forward and backwards failed.

anyone ever changed one? if so how?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [spasypaddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did it fail? Could you share a picture?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member of FishTwitch - Arriving to T1 alone and watching you go by on the run.
My Blog: http://poseidom.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Poseidon2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's nothing to see. As I pulled off the line the wheel moved forwards on the drive side. I tried to remind the screw back to where it should have been but it won't move. The screw turns but the piece doesn't move backwards and forwards.

All the parts are still there. It looks fine but it doesn't work anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [spasypaddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Does anyone know the size of the headset bearings for a TM01? Mine are smoked & rusted out and I cant seem to find the sizing anywhere..

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [BK1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Howdy all

So I'm in the process of trying to get myself a TT bike, I came across this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-BMC-TimeMachine-TM02-Triathlon-Bike-Full-Carbon-Shimano-105-Medium-Short-/321459317856?pt=US_Bicycles_Frames&hash=item4ad877ec60

Unfortunately the closest BMC dealer is about 6 hours away. I attempted to utilize the BMC fitting tool online but it put me at a Large... Oddly enough.

Right now I'm riding a 54 Cervelo S2, but I have the saddle slammed forward to the max point that I can push it within the boundaries.

I've ridden a Cannondale Slice 54, however I felt it was a tad big as well. I'm 5 Ft 8", 31" inseam.

Am i going to set myself up for failure with this bike and will I essentially be "compromising" since it's available or do I really need a smaller size for this type of bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [PatrickOfSteele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have finally located where all my creaks are coming from. The "top cap" (sorry I dont know the technical name) that covers cables running out the frame into the aerobar.

Any solutions? I have tried wrapping the cables with electrical tape but it is impossible to get the cap back on afterwards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't think a large is correct. This size sounds about right.
I am 5' 11 (and 3/4's, damnit). I have the M/L. The seat is jammed forward as much as possible and the stem as high and far back as possible.
It does fit pretty much perfect but, likely, with an M, it wouldn't be quite at the limit.
BTW, I also ride a Cervelo R3 and S3 in size 56.

Fair warning, though, highly recommended that you get a bike shop to dial you in. These bikes are not for the faint of heart--though they really deliver when dialed in.
Last edited by: twain: Jul 15, 14 22:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I´m 5´10 and have a TM01 size ML. It fits like a glove. I have a long back and relatively short legs though.

I used to have a P2 size 54 and that was too small for me. I had to use oversize stem.
Last edited by: Finn73: Jul 16, 14 2:16
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Finn73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds like a M/S is right up my alley. I've heard nothing but amazing things from BMC, albeit they are hard to come by and you pay a bit more for what you get. Although after reading all 18 pages of this thread I don't think there is a single person unsatisfied with their bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am 5'11" with 32" inseam and ride a m/s. it fits perfectly and feels very comfortable. the only change i made from my previous bike was a slightly longer stem. sizing on these frames is a bit odd. if i remember correctly, the s has a longer top tube than the m/s but a much lower head tube. one needs a pretty radical position for the s. the m/l is longer than the s and m/s but has the same head tube as the m/s. personally, i chose the shorter top tube paired witj a long stem over the long top tube with a shorter stem. the large, imho, would be very difficult for you to properly fit.

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [andrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that the large is definitely not ideal for me. I ended up re-measuring and using the fit guide on bmc's website and ended up with a M/L. That being said I use my cervelo sizing and not a TT bike. I'm confident that a M/S will be ideal for me and my odd geometry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clarification from my last post. Stem cover is the "creaker" with all the cables coming out of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [bsramzy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

Any BMC dealers out there that could get me a couple rear derailleur hangers for my TM-02? Mine got bent in transition, and I don't have a dealer close by.

Help would be appreciated.

Regards,

CB
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [ProudMOPer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered a few spares from Evans Cycles in the UK. They arrived to the US in about a week. Cost is $17 plus $11 for shipping; $28 total for one. Easier than dealing with the US dealers.

I recommend every BMC owner carry a spare to races. Tri Bike Transport bent mine en route to IM Los Cabos. Fortunately, I had a spare with me because there wasn't a bike shop within hundreds of miles, let alone a BMC dealer with a spare hanger for a TM01.

http://www.evanscycles.com/.../dropout-36-ec041729

Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [415brian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect!! Thanks so much!!

CB
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [415brian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a spare one a couple of weeks ago after 3 guys I know broke their hangers (not BMC) on their bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [astig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up not getting the 2013 TM02 as the bike was out of stock.

What I ended up doing was spending a couple hundred more and got myself a 2013 BMC TM01 with Ultegra build, no wheels/cassette.

Can I join the BMC club now?
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [fabricatedyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

All Ready for the State TT this weekend
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Shoopdawoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is impressive drop!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Member of FishTwitch - Arriving to T1 alone and watching you go by on the run.
My Blog: http://poseidom.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [Shoopdawoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!
Consider ditching the bottle and cage. Saves about 2.5 Watts...
Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: Official BMC Time Machine Owners Thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After a week of waiting, I am now the official owner of a 2013 BMC TM01 Ultegra build

Test rode it this morning after piecing it together and I'm absolutely sold on BMC. Never have I had a bike that fit me so right and felt so good.

Last edited by: PatrickOfSteele: Jul 29, 14 4:22
Quote Reply

Prev Next