Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using Rotor 3D+ cranks on a 110 BCD with 50/34 Praxis rings. I shouldn't have any issues with the power meter or need to do anything special if I were to put on a 52/36 Q-rings, correct?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just swapped crank lengths on my p2m and moved it to the road bike. 20min including figuring things out. Whoever came up with the simplicity of Hollowtech II spindles and Rotor removable spiders deserves a medal.

Top product. Sprint training is going to be so much more painful now...

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:
1) Are you using 1-second recording instead of smart recording?
Garmin units are supposed to automatically switch to 1s recording when a PM is detected.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [paperwind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

on a Type S you can put 52-36 Q-Rings on without problems. On a Classic you'd need to modify them to fit over the battery cover.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For several years I've used Smart Recording and exclude zeros when using my PowerTap, same settings I'm using now, and never say this issue. I'll try today's ride with the opposite settings and see what happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two questions:

1. Is it OK to use a Type S with a fixed rear hub?
  2. Is it OK to use a Type S on a cyclocross rig?

Mainly I'm curious as to whether either of these activities will put excessive stress on the spider. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [bdcheung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

yup, you're good on both - no issues there. For fixed gear I would recommend the track model for two reasons: firstly it has a track / singlespeed chain line and secondly the auto zero (which works by coasting) is deactivated.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome, thanks Nicolas for the quick reply!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am considering getting a P2M Classic Gossamer in 130 mm. I already have QRings in 130. Would they have to be cut to fit with the classic, or is that just for the 110's? Also, I have a BB30 bottom bracket. So, would that be a simple "pull out the old cranks, put in the new ones" process?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [jeffa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jeffa,

no problems with the 130BCD Q-Rings on a Classic.

As to the BB30 - our Gossamer is a Megaexo (24mm axle), so you will need to get the FSA Megaexo BB30 conversion BB.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Id just like to give an excited shoutout to P2M for their awesome product. I reluctantly ordered my type S with the rotor 3D+ expecting to get the widely seen 2013 model which has the flashy white design when I really wanted the new simpler looking 2014 version. After asking Nicolas if P2M would ship with the new one he said likely not. Had my LBS contact rotor who said the 2014 version wasn't even available in a 165mm. So I went ahead and ordered my P2M with the 3D+ and to my excitement this is what came. So excited to get it on and start training with power! Watts up?!

Last edited by: Teamzero86: Jul 1, 14 6:34
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Teamzero86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great to year you like it :)

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking to get another in the same setup, but I have had this since January and have already put 3 batteries in it. Is this normal. Interestingly, the last time I was getting the bad reading, I was riding so I took the battery out and put it back in. Seemed to fix it. Is this an issue.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi TheForge,

do you use a Classic or a Type S?

Before you changed the batteries - how did you figure out it was time to change them?

When you say you got a bad reading, what exactly happened?

Thanks for your help, I'm sure we will sort your question out shortly.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:
Hi TheForge,

do you use a Classic or a Type S?

Before you changed the batteries - how did you figure out it was time to change them?

When you say you got a bad reading, what exactly happened?

Thanks for your help, I'm sure we will sort your question out shortly.

Best
Nicolas

In an earlier post it was getting zero reading on the power meter. Interestingly the cadence was working. You recommended a battery change. 6 weeks after purchase and it worked. Problem popped up again about a month again. Same issues so I swapped hate dry and it worked. Last week the power reading was very low. Took the battery out and back and it worked.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi TheForge,

what's the full setup you are using? I see the cranks are 3D+, but what power meter model and what computer do you use? This may help me to understand better what's going on.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh. The classic. Using a 910x.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, getting there :).

Are you wearing the 910xt on your arm or is it mounted on the bike?

Reason being: reception is worse on the arm, which can make it iffy. This is because the body is largely water and 2.4Ghz doesn't travel through water (this is why we can't use them whilst swimming). The body acts as a shield.

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Body. Right arm.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also get a calibration request while driving with my bike in a rack.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

then what you see is almost certainly because of a reception issue. The 910xt has a very small antenna because of its size and the shielding does not help.

The calibration request whilst driving comes from the fact that when the bike moves the power meter wakes up and Garmin's firmware is programmed to want to calibrate on startup.

Best
NIcolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So is the doctor ordering a computer like the edge? I was using wahoo fitness with my iphone but that had other issues unrelated to the power meter.

That is why I love this company. Always get quick and thorough answers.

Last edited by: TheForge: Jul 4, 14 13:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

it may not even be necessary to change computers. Just put it on the handlebars - for most people that does the trick.

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
So is the doctor ordering a computer like the edge? I was using wahoo fitness with my iphone but that had other issues unrelated to the power meter.

That is why I love this company. Always get quick and thorough answers.

If I might chime in with personal experience, I too had data dropouts with a 910XT, left arm mounted. Matters were made worse with a front-mounted water bottle attenuating the signal further, it seemed. I bought an Edge 500 and it's been rock-solid ever since.

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where has the Shimano 4-bolt spider option gone for Rotor 3D cranks?

Have you removed the 4-bolt option across the product line?
Quote Reply

Prev Next