Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally have a good picture of my Shiv before this past weekends race. Proud to represent More Than Sport.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [JoshMackow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoshMackow wrote:
Coolmann_dk wrote:
joshmackow wrote:
If I could afford this (11000 second hand) I would buy this today. This is what I want my Shiv to look like! Even if the enve wheels aren't as fast as mavic or zipp.

How would zipp or mavic prove that they are faster than ENVE? I seriously doubt that statement is true. 

Only wind tunnel tests at exact same bike and equipment will tell. Just ask Mark Cote, he has a lot of experience with wind tunnel testing the SHIV.

Take a look at this chart (click on picture to get larger image) ENVE is almost faster in any YAW angle....

True, I had no idea what the consensus here was on Enve wheels so I was covering my bases. I love them though!

Dream bike right there

I could not agree more on that bike, right down to the wheels, however sadly that would also imply I had an s-works epic, s-works stumpy, s-works tarmac and a fully loaded land rover 110 to drive them about in, sadly not the case... anyhoo I picked up a sale comp rival and have so far added the s-works crank and rotor, to match the set-up on my tarmac, and thrown on the planet-x 50mm tubs which I love as they are only 1296g but they look puny on the shiv (and the less said about the blue graphics the better):

• what's the latest consensus on wheels that don't cost many times the bike, like the Flos is it 60/60 or 60/90 or 90/90. I say in the sense that, is the few grams of aero worth more than 200 to 300g of extra weight that 90mm is vs 60mm, I am using the graphs here as starting point:

http://flocycling.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/flo-cycling-flo-30-wind-tunnel-results.html but let's not forget that the shiv has thrown 3:1 out the window, so we should do the same with the rim why not???

• what is the latest consensus on tubs vs clincher. As far as I am concerned, I have never punctured on tubeless set-up on my tarmac (mavic kysirium with schwalbe / hutchison + my own sealant) nor have I with the conti competition tubs with sealant. If I do puncture in a triathlon, I am probably more inclined to squirt more sealant and hit it with CO2 than change a tub or a tube out???? I have never had that not work on the mountain bike up to 5mm cuts so I cannot see why that will not work on tubs? also, the clinchers are another few hundred grams on the outer edge of the wheel where it counts most???

On another note for specialized, has anyone had the same problem as me, the mike was set-up so poorly my the shop where I bought it that its getting some TLC in the covent garden concept store in London (crank over tightened that 60nm could not get it off, and crank was clunking, front brake cable not trimmed, brakes not centred nor gears properly set-up, steerer plug not installed properly, headset not installed properly, no bar tape fitted...)

</htm
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [JoshMackow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoshMackow wrote:
If I could afford this (11000 second hand) I would buy this today. This is what I want my Shiv to look like! Even if the enve wheels aren't as fast as mavic or zipp.

Ha.....just seen this..what a bell end...!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
campled wrote:
Hello Columbus.
Here are my slides on adapting the Speed Concept draft box for the Shiv.
Added side panels to the draft box.

Used hi-strength adhesive, bond & filler to make the transition smooth.
Painted over & added 3M double adhesive to make the fit very snug.

Have Kevlar strings on the sides to tie over the seat clamp gaps for secure holding.
Stays in place and hoping it brings same aero benefit as it does the Speed Concept..

Any chance that you can do an "do your own" manual how to create this?
Would really like to have this and have also tried to find a solution how to use the draft box but without luck...
Tried velcro, elastic band etc but it doesn´t stay in place.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [pdais97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pdais97 wrote:
campled wrote:
Hello Columbus.
Here are my slides on adapting the Speed Concept draft box for the Shiv.
Added side panels to the draft box.

Used hi-strength adhesive, bond & filler to make the transition smooth.
Painted over & added 3M double adhesive to make the fit very snug.

Have Kevlar strings on the sides to tie over the seat clamp gaps for secure holding.
Stays in place and hoping it brings same aero benefit as it does the Speed Concept..

Any chance that you can do an "do your own" manual how to create this?
Would really like to have this and have also tried to find a solution how to use the draft box but without luck...
Tried velcro, elastic band etc but it doesn´t stay in place.

I would be interested in this also...it looks great and is a good alternative to the fuel cell.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to buy just the top to the fuelselage? I lost mine but don't need a whole new bladder kit...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Iakona] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Before going out and buying a speed concept box. I would be very curious to see in a wind tunnel data has to say on the speed concept box adapted for the shiv versus the fuelcell designed for the shiv by Specialized owners of a windtunnel; not sure if the their tunnel did the testing or A2. Not trying to troll. Please don't get me wrong I like the look of the speed concept box on a shiv having tried and raced with the adaptation myself but i also have a fuelcell. One of the things I really love about this sport is the genuine DYI, so many cool innovations!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [andrewblerner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the original SC, the box was faster than w/o the box for most sizes - I dont have the source tho. I also don't recall seeing comparisons on the new SC with vs. w/o the draft box. On the shiv- the fuelcell has been tested @ many sizes to do no harm, but not really add much either. Some pro's use it, other's don't - could be handing, aesthetics, aero or sponsor reasons.

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [urbantriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone installed the Omega SV brakes on the new 2014 Specialized Shiv Sworks?
There's no Pivot post.
Woundering how I can get around this.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Dantria] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have on a 2014 frame set, but it isn't a shiv
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put one on the front brake on my 2012 shiv/comp. I don't think they differ.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi mark,
Good day! My name is martin ilagan from philippines, i bought a shiv comp
From your authorize dealer here in the philippines last december 2013, i was able to use it from december up to april and im very happy with the performance of the bike, i decided to email you to ask for some help for my beloved shiv it develope a crack pn the seat tube and seat post, i only do normal riding no crash ever. I brought the bike to tour dealer here in philippines and they said they would warranty it. It has been with then for more than a month already they said they were gonna call me for an update bit up to now i havent received any updates from them, i hope you can help
Me. Please i am training for a half ironman this august and i badly need the shiv thank you very much!

Martin A. ILagan
Shiv fanatic
Philippines :)
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [UKathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

UI2 11 speed. TriRig Alpha bar with gamma extensions and sigma stem, and Magura brakes with the cateye hack to have shifting on the basebar. My setup for Raleigh 70.3!
Last edited by: Teamzero86: Jun 16, 14 8:52
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mojoboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mojoboy wrote:
Hi mark,
Good day! My name is martin ilagan from philippines, i bought a shiv comp
From your authorize dealer here in the philippines last december 2013, i was able to use it from december up to april and im very happy with the performance of the bike, i decided to email you to ask for some help for my beloved shiv it develope a crack pn the seat tube and seat post, i only do normal riding no crash ever. I brought the bike to tour dealer here in philippines and they said they would warranty it. It has been with then for more than a month already they said they were gonna call me for an update bit up to now i havent received any updates from them, i hope you can help
Me. Please i am training for a half ironman this august and i badly need the shiv thank you very much!

Martin A. ILagan
Shiv fanatic
Philippines :)
In Reply To:

I emailed you directly on this - we'll get this sorted out. Drop me a line back (via email) with the direct contact you've been working with in the Philippines and we'll take care of this.

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dantria wrote:
Has anyone installed the Omega SV brakes on the new 2014 Specialized Shiv Sworks?
There's no Pivot post.
Woundering how I can get around this.

Yes. The SV brakes don't need the pivot post. Rand the cable straight into them. No problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi mark thabks for the qucik response!!! I really appreciate it!! I replies tonyour email already, again thank you very much!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking for some help. The small screw that attaches to the magnet of the fueselage cover has rusted over from sweat and water. I was working it over yesterday and using some liquid wrench. It will not come out and keeps spinning. Looks like the epoxy came loose on the connection between the frame and screw housing. I was able to get some pliers in to hold it but still cant get it out.

Is it time for the LBS to work it magic so that I do not mess it up?

Greg C. Moriates
Owner/Coach
GCMendurance.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CAnderson_SBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question, every 1.5 turns of the crank, I get a click out of the right crank arm. I took off the crank, cleaned and lubed everything all the way down to the bearings. The same clicking. It looks like a link on my chain is rusty. Do you think that is what is causing the clicking.

I will likely by a new chain this week as it is past due anyway.

Greg C. Moriates
Owner/Coach
GCMendurance.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [moriatesg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A possibility to your clicking is the metal dongle that directs your brake cable to the rear brake. It can be bouncing off of your frame or hitting something on the drive train. I fixed mine by going to a different brake that required no dongle.

"WHEW...I really regret that workout!"..............Noone
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [COJO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just checked. It wasn't. It looks like the quick link on my chain is clicking when it is coming off the rear cassette.

New chain is ordered.

Greg C. Moriates
Owner/Coach
GCMendurance.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, because of the second recall of the TriRig Sigma Stem iám checking possibilitis for a new Stem/Bar solution for my Shiv comp in black satin.

The big problem ist that i had to cut the steerertube realy low for the Sigma.

Can anybody tell me the stack of the original stem of the S-Works models?

The next big problem is that no new forks are available in europe, not even with a different paint, so if my steeretube is to low for any other stems i have to wait for the new Sigma, and that´s no solution for me because i don´t wana use this steme anymore.

Iám realy angry about this because it is the second time i can´t use my racebike in the midseason!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [deirflu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am running this stem on Shivs that need a lower drop it might work in your case since its clamp is not 4cm.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/09/01/negative-riser-bars-dropped-stem-from-syntace-plus-x12-quick-tool-axle-release/

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ErikSchmidt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought an adjustable stem that goes to -40 degrees. And to top it off a very low stack aerobar (uberhund). Lowered my stack with like 10 cm, hehe.

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mortysct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you guys with the fuelcell like it? any cons?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Exige] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

My SHIV - I like the Fuelcell but space is a bit limited depending on what you need to carry. I can get a tube and lever in the bottom and the CO2 cartridge and a couple of gels in the top. No real cons except for the size. On long rides I end up jamming extras in my jersey.
Quote Reply

Prev Next