Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ladies - do you want some really awesome looking slowtwitch kit?
Quote | Reply
Dan and Emilio (desoto) have designed some really awesome looking slowtwitch kit.

If we can get 12 womens to order, they will make up women's cut kit!!!!! Right now, you can only order men's kit - but if we can meet the minimum of 12 women, desoto will make women's specific kit - WOHOOOOO!!!!

Check it out and place your order if you like - please look ASAP if interested!!!!!

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=5096016
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies - do you want some really awesome looking slowtwitch kit? [themadcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will TOTALLY order a womens kit. Was discussing this with my husband last night!!!

In regards to the comments in the main thread - is there any way we can confirm we'll have 12 before we order?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Last edited by: Agilecipher: May 24, 14 12:55
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies - do you want some really awesome looking slowtwitch kit? [themadcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I posted and tagged some womens on Facebook. Hopefully that helps spread the word since not everyone checks in daily. We are slightly less obsessive over here :-)

Wish you all also did a running shirt or even armwarmers. I don't race anymore or ride. Maybe next time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be down for a bike jersey.
:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What shorts will he do for women? Bibs or the regular 400 mile short?
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies - do you want some really awesome looking slowtwitch kit? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also posed this question to Tracy at De Soto...

have any of the ladies worn the men's 400 mile bibs and if so how did the sizing compare? I have a couple pairs of the ladies 400 mile shorts in size small, think I could get away with the men's small in a bib or will the fit, pad/straps (perhaps) be off? Unfortunately I don't have any De Soto dealers around here (north of Toronto, Ontario, Canada) to try a men's bib on.

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Question from Facebook from a twitcher who can't get to her computer:

"The way it reads in the thread, you have to order a men's kit. If 12 women do this, they will produce a women's cut and switch the existing orders over. Presumably, if fewer than 12 women order you will get a men's kit. Anyone know if I am correct with the presumption?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ordered and emailing done. I'm officially in!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies - do you want some really awesome looking slowtwitch kit? [barrel_o_monkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of mens 400mi bibs, I love bibshorts. I do like the 400s. I ordered the small, worked well for me (I usually wear deSoto W Large shorts).

I refuse to buy women's specific bibs as they 1) charge more and 2) often have a stupid clip/strap to pull the pull the shoulder straps in (which I hate).

If you can drop the coin, the Rapha's are AMAZING. Even Castelli's are good.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in sort of, if we confirm that we get women's stuff and I guess bibs are OK. I've never worn them. Where do the boobs go in relation to the straps. I do not need anything that makes my boobs look bigger. That would be tragic.
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies - do you want some really awesome looking slowtwitch kit? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bibs are NOT made for women by De Soto, so you don't have to worry about that. We will get the 400 Mile shorts instead.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies - do you want some really awesome looking slowtwitch kit? [barrel_o_monkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i got my husband a pair of the tri bibs and i don't like the length of them. I ordered him a M and I wear M in women's sizes FWIW - not pro or euro - then a L womens. I could probably fit a usual mens S but not the DeSoto. The tri bib M fit perfectly (though legs were too long for my liking, but all men's bibs are like this). I only wear bibs... i'm 164cm and 69kg.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
QRgirl wrote:
I'm in sort of, if we confirm that we get women's stuff and I guess bibs are OK. I've never worn them. Where do the boobs go in relation to the straps. I do not need anything that makes my boobs look bigger. That would be tragic.

No worries about the straps. I LOVE bibs and that's what I prefer to wear with my cycling kit. No gap-itis on your lower back.

I'd be in for kit.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be in for a women's kit but really don't want a desoto men's the jersey cut does NOT fit me
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies - do you want some really awesome looking slowtwitch kit? [meuf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They put instructions on the classified page to place the order in mens then email Tracy to have them switch it to womens. Super easy :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies - do you want some really awesome looking slowtwitch kit? [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did that but made it clear only if womens cut
I have a Desoto jersey I never wear as men's cut jerseys really do not fit me
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies - do you want some really awesome looking slowtwitch kit? [meuf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I actually placed an order with money on the De Soto web site, Tracy was speedy to get back to me that she was aware of my desire for clothes that fit ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Ladies - do you want some really awesome looking slowtwitch kit? [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would email Tracy at desoto sports

tracy@desotosports.com

She has been very responsive about our request for women's cut.

I don't work for desoto - just asked on the thread if desoto would make women's kit - response was YES but we need 12 orders for desoto to do a run of women's jersey. We are stuck with men's shorts though if we want the matching shorts. BUT at least we can order a women's cut jersey!!!!!
Quote Reply