Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--How is it going? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK womens, we're more than halfway there to the 100 days. Took a look at the challenge, and see some high numbers and some not so much. How is it going for everyone?

Me, it all went to hell four weeks ago. A PT back/hip extension strengthening exercise has jacked everything up, so I"m back in daily, chronic pain, something I had hoped I was done with. And then my PT decides to take two weeks off.... grrr...

Plus all kinds of life stressors dumped on top, including the loss of my kitty of sixteen years. :-(

So, I'm going to work on getting in my half hour each day for the back half of the challenge.

How about everyone else?

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--How is it going? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am SO sorry about your kitty. Losing a fur-friend is awful. Combined with everything else you have going on, the half hour might help keep you sane. I hope you can get the pain under control soon.

I'm back to tracking calories, which means I'm also exercising more (I need the extra calorie buffer). Biking is going well, aiming to bike commute 3x per week with some fun riding on the other days. It doesn't hurt my back at all, so I'm enjoying the burn.

I'm missing my dog like crazy. I'm on the hunt for a new one but haven't found the right fit yet. I'm super picky about dogs & with a toddler & a reluctant husband I need to make the right choice. I sure miss my dog walks though.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--How is it going? [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All of our furry friends found us, rather than us looking for them. This was the last of the "zoo" (as my husband called it) that adopted us 16 years ago (2 dogs and a cat within a year of each other). And I think it's the last one for us. It was a lot of work and expense caring for elderly, medically fragile animals, and we're reaching the point in our lives where we are looking forward to having fewer responsibilities. And being able to travel at a moment's notice without worrying who we can get to come in and take care of the animals.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will get to that point eventually - but since we spend most of our time at home right now a dog seems reasonable.

I agree that when it's right things will just fall into place. I've had to do a lot of compromising in my life lately - I just want his one thing when I want it (now). I guess that was too much to ask for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. I understand how hard it is. They really are family members. Mine is sitting next to me right now and she sends along a cat-hug.

My schedule completely went to shit. Work has sucked the life out of me for the last 3 weeks and I've only worked out 3 or 4 times. By the time I leave the office I am wrung out and have nothing left. I had a huge deadline on 5/9 and when I hit that I thought I'd be able to chill but it has only gotten worse. I did manage to swim this week but my personal training was rescheduled so that meant 1 workout. I should be able to get something in the next couple days.

I've been on a sugar hiatus which has gone really well. No desserts since 5/1, including my favorite vegan cookies that are at the gstore next to the cat shelter I volunteer at every Sunday. It's been hard knowing they are there, calling my name, but I've keep control. I have lunch plans with friends on Monday at a favorite bistro and plan on getting dessert if I have any room left in my belly. It will be awesome.

I'm hoping this week will be a little less stressful but I said that last week and the week before :-(

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made a goal on May 1 to get a minimum of 6,000 steps per day for the entire month. Might not sound like a lot, but the days I was working 10-12 hours/day, I was only getting 2,000 or so. As of May 23, I'm 22 for 23. Will up that on June 1. I also got 6 days of riding in while in California.

One think I found is that when I travel (or have visitors such as my dad who was here for 6 days), I don't get a lot done and once I get out of my routine, I go to hell. Visitors like Kristi are great since we rode and ran (well, she ran, I walked). At least I should now have a couple month stretch at home and less work.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Womens 100 days of activity challenge--How is it going? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I'm like. When the routine gets broken, it all goes south.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
OK womens, we're more than halfway there to the 100 days. Took a look at the challenge, and see some high numbers and some not so much. How is it going for everyone?

Me, it all went to hell four weeks ago. A PT back/hip extension strengthening exercise has jacked everything up, so I"m back in daily, chronic pain, something I had hoped I was done with. And then my PT decides to take two weeks off.... grrr...

Plus all kinds of life stressors dumped on top, including the loss of my kitty of sixteen years. :-(

So, I'm going to work on getting in my half hour each day for the back half of the challenge.

How about everyone else?

i jumped out of the challenge a while ago because i really don't have trouble getting workouts in. since i work from home and am the only one earning $, i tend to err on the side of $=more for the kids to do and more cushion for groceries for DH as he's always bitching about his food allowance.

So starting next week my challenge to myself is to take the kids to school 2 days a week. I hope to also throw in a friday horse lesson too (they go tues and friday) if i can keep up work production,workouts and taking them to school 2x/week. i think i'll likely be getting up at 4am those days to fit everything in but maybe i'll start adding a rest day and do a kid taxi that day. we'll see.

sorry to hear about your cat. i'm dreading the day our dog dies - mainly because of the affect it will have on the kids.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply

Prev Next