Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [jmomentum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I spoke with someone at Powertap and they said the calibration numbers should be between 500 to 525. Anything outside can mean many other things. My issue I'm unsure. I ordered a new battery holder. Will replace batteries today and see if that works in the meantime, so I can see my calibration numbers.
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [gohmdoree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gohmdoree wrote:
I spoke with someone at Powertap and they said the calibration numbers should be between 500 to 525. Anything outside can mean many other things. My issue I'm unsure. I ordered a new battery holder. Will replace batteries today and see if that works in the meantime, so I can see my calibration numbers.

I hope you can get an easy solution.

I almost had a panic attack at the start of my Saturday ride. I did a firmware update when I got home and with a new battery. The hub is back in business.

With this particular hub it has been consistent to show a value between 496 to 500. I have done a static weight test when I first had the wheel built and the hub is within 2% of accuracy in that range 496 to 500. Most of my older PT hubs were higher like 519 +/-.

http://thecyclingaddiction.blogspot.com/...ies-and-updates.html
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do all hubs have the capability of being updated with firmware?
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [gohmdoree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think only the G3 and GS hubs can be firmware updated at the owner's home.
Hopefully your issue is something minor like the battery connection.

I am not sure if I am allowed to state this, but you can also talk to a representative at wheelbuilder.com. I have used them in the past for repair on PowerTap hubs. They are an authorized repair center from what I understand and sometimes do partial repairs instead of complete rebuilds. Just an option and it will not come to something as extreme.
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [powertap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rode to work on Friday in some serious rain, PowerTap worked all morning. On the ride home, in perfect spring weather, I could not get it to pair at all.

I changed the batteries and it finally paired, but it has stopped displaying power and cadence. When I 'calibrate' on the Garmin it displays 4057 every time.

It is an older Pro+/Open Pro from when competitive cyclist was having their blowout sale, probably about 2 seasons old now.

Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going through a battery every three weeks with my new G3.... any ideas?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have the latest firmware?
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did not... I must have updated mine in early March because there was another version from late March.

So I did the update, hope that it helps.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If anyone could help with this wierd situation it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm currently running a powertap pro+ hub paired to a garmin edge 510. The batteries in the hub were replaced roughly a month or two ago. My issue is that the powertap will cut out roughly 2 hours into the ride, and won't reconnect to the garmin. However, by the time I start a new ride it is working fine-- at least until the two hour mark. Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Powertap SL on DT Swiss wheel, Garmin 910. About 16 months old. Wheel was sent in about 2 months ago for a spoke rebuild, wheelbuilder checked the hub said it was calibrating fine, I assume they checked the firmware (but not sure)

Problem started with getting calibration numbers of 77X. Usually calibrated in the 49X range. During these rides, it would not display power when pedaling, but coasting I'd get random numbers. Sometimes would calibrate and would work fine. Getting more frequent now though, and getting weirder calibration numbers, like -25X, 3XXX, etc. At Escape from Alcatraz last weekend frustration reached its peak - it kept giving the 3XXX numbers when I tried to calibrate in the a.m., took several tries, but finally got it to 49X and left for the swim (910 stayed on). Got to the bike after the swim, no power reading at all.

I will be contacting wheelbuilder, but wondering if this is something common or well known and/or there is some fix without sending the wheel in (again). Did some googling but didn't see anything on this.

TIA

Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [jmomentum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Posted similar issues. Any resolution? Is this thread dead or is powertap still answering questions? Kinda sucks when you plan to race with power and can't rely on the f'ing thing working on race day
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too have wondered if anyone from PowerTap cares...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have a powertap about 8 months old. first ride outside this weekend. it tells me the battery is low so i change and now my 910xt cant detect it. i go to the 'search' function and hit that and it backs out and does nothing. dont know if this is a 910xt thing or powertap thing. please help.
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [butch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also having issues.
Changed the battery 3 times from my Powertap G3 hub and still won't pair with my Garmin 810.
It was working flawlessly one day and the day after happened this.
Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [storopoli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is my power tap set to record every second automatically out of the box? Asking for a G3
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [wsuhoops1000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a function of the head unit, not the PM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
I did not... I must have updated mine in early March because there was another version from late March.

So I did the update, hope that it helps.

Its been about 5 weeks now, any updates?
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally fine now

Quote Reply
Post deleted by WaiteForIt [ In reply to ]
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [JimMoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JimMoss wrote:
And one more question...this is going to sound a little goofy but I'm serious. There's a little red rubber band that is on the freehub body, seemingly there for just keeping the spacer on while there's no cassette. Serious question...is this rubber band supposed to be left on when the cassette is installed? Or, should it be removed before the cassette is put on?

See the red rubber band closest to the fingers?

You'll want to remove that red rubber band holding on the spacer if you plan on using a 9 or 10 speed cassette. If using 11 speed cassettes then you do not need the spacer (nor the red rubber band).

Matt Waite
PowerTap Brand Manager
Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jamaican wrote:
Jesse,

Do you guys plan to update the Joule for SM-EWW01 compatibility?

Bump

Quote Reply
Re: Official PowerTap Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else have problems with the new G3 hub? Mine was sent in for service 6 weeks ago. I have no idea when it will be ready and there is apparently no estimated time of arrival for the parts they are waiting for. I believe it is electronic parts being replaced but information is scarce and nobody is forthcoming with information. It surprises me that it would take so long unless there was some unique problem with the G3 hubs that hasn't been worked out yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there anywhere to get some wired mounts and a computer? I lost my electronics in my last move and haven't been able to have any luck finding replacements. I've got a wheel all built up and ready to ride, but I can't find the bike mounts anywhere.

My G3 eats batteries. I only got about 75 hours out of the most recent battery before I started getting a low battery warning on my Joule.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a ride today I had a reading of ~49,000w for 1 second. First time I have seen this. Should I be concerned going forward?

Edit: I worked fine for the following 5 hours after this happened.
Last edited by: tucktri: Jul 13, 14 21:01
Quote Reply

Prev Next