Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? May 19 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 19 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week:
- swim at least 15k DONE 16,100 yds with a long swim of at least 6k only hit 5100 - the tendons in my elbows started acting up so I got out. That's a normal response for me when I build swim yardage, and it doesn't linger - it is just the cue that it's time to get out. Need to get back into the swim of things, as last week was unplanned recovery but I have the Portland Bridges swim on July 13 and need to start accumulating yards. still freaked about this. I don't know why I signed up for something that long :-)
- day off from running done!!! hahaha! I WIN!!!
- total run mileage less than or equal to 45 mi done!!! hahaha! I WIN!!!
- bike at least once nope (anyone surprised)
- keep doing well w/ food :-) 6 good days
- get caught up on schoolwork... took all week but I finally handed my last late work yesterday

Things you may find funny (remember I'm in mathematics, which explains some of it) - last week on one day I walked into work with my t-shirt on inside out, and this morning I have on a striped skirt, but brought a polka dot coat. I think stripes are in style now, as are polka dots, but I saw myself in the mirror and think that maybe not at the same time?

Anyway

M - 8 mi run* + 2500 yd swim
T - 6.5 mi run + 3100 yd swim
W - 8.5 mi run + 1000 yd swim
T - 6.5 mi run + 3200 yd swim
F - 8.5 mi run + 1200 yd swim
S - 7 mi run* + 5100 yd swim
S - off

* both of these runs were progressive but nothing extraordinary.

Also did shoulder exercises on Friday and Saturday, and a total of 3 miles in walking for w/u and c/d for the week.
16,100 yd swim + 45 mi run total

Goals for this week:
- no food issues
- swim 20k with a long swim of at least 6500 yds
- run mileage 45 or less

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crummy week with travel - the hotel was under construction and it was 93+ outside every day. I felt like a lump and skipped the super-sprint tri - I hadn't done over 8 miles on the bike and was worried about 11 without knowing the course.

So nothing until yesterday, when I went on a great 9mi bike ride. I'm lucky to have a great paved trail a mile from my house, but MAN it was so windy I was getting knocked side to side and felt like I was at an angle for a while.

I ate one small black bug (which, when I spat out, stuck to my arm till I wiped it off the 3rd time. Awesome), had to avoid a massive heap of horse dung, and passed 5+ dog poops. Utahn dog owners suck. There was also a black beetle bigger than a quarter and some pretty birds ^_^

I just put in 3.1 on the treadmill, so starting this week off right.

Hope everyone is feeling better (physically and emotionally!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feeling better, but still not 100%. Managed a skate last week on my new skates and it felt soooo good to get back on the ice. Hopefully I can get one more session before they take the ice out. Managed four runs, two rides, lots of walks.

This week:
- enjoy our holiday Monday (today)
- run 4x
- ride 3x
- swim 1x
- yoga 1x

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good job TC!

I had a goal of doing each sport 3x. Done!
I had a goal of doing 10k in the pool. Done!
Bike miles over the weekend were spectacular. I got in one bike trainer session, and two outside rides Sat/Sun(39 mi and 68 mi). The longer ride was with husband and 3 other guys. I don't think we intended to go that far but it was super nice out and we did an out and back to this coffee shop we love, not realizing how far it was on the outbound portion. So then we had to get back.
Ran 3x, and the first run felt goofy and wonky, but then I got in the groove.... Thursday's run felt decent, and Sat. evening's run felt SUPER.

Lastly, a friend of mine who has been a walker for exercise for years has recently started doing 'couch to 5k' and is really kind of getting into running. We saw each other on Sat. and looked at a 5k to do together. :-)

Tried a new recipe - Beet pesto. It was great.
1.5c peeled & cubed beets
2 cloves garlic
2 sprigs fresh thyme
Saute these in just a tiny bit of olive oil until beets are soft
then put in food processor:
1/3c almonds, and grind them up
then add the beet mixture, 1/4c parmesan and 1/4c olive oil
done. S&P to taste.
I put it over spinach linguine noodles. Loved it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job, TC! And everyone.

I am...ok. Starting to feel more human. I think something magical is happening. I did NOT miss one day of PT exercises (yay, me!) and I'm finding that every other day I feel okay. The opposite day hurts and sucks, but then I feel better. I still don't have much stamina, but my ankle feels a bit sturdier and I am starting to get more confident in taking steps towards losing the crutches and walking around the house in the boot. For longer distances, I use the crutches.

I had PT again today and due to it being in the morning, I took the train. I never realized that the walkway from the garage to the platform was UPHILL. I needed to sit down by the time I got up there. But I survived the trip in and the trip home and while I'm tired and need a rest, I'm not SO wiped out that I can't move for the rest of the day, so that's also progress.

PT went well. My left side is completely jacked up. This is going to be a lot of work.

This experience has given me so much perspective on how inconvenient life can be when not all of you is functional. I think it's going to shape some of my volunteer work in the future.
Last edited by: katcycles: May 19, 14 14:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for asking! I'm getting into some of the longer training going Into IM Canada in July. Best part of the week was riding most of Stage 7 of the Tour of California a few hours before the pros got on the course. It was 76 miles over rolling hills, 80-degree sunny weather and over a mountain. California Tri Club organized it, including the $10 ride to the start for athletes and our bikes. Then they fed us barbecue and beer after as we waited for the Tour riders to come through Pasadena.

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Swim x 4: WIN
Bike x 4: WIN
Run x 3: WIN with 6
Core/strength x 4: WIN

Not back to 100% yet - my back is still very sore at times, though fine at others. Doesn't hurt while cycling or running, but will hurt while swimming if it's already sore and standing around for any length of time destroys me.

Took my TT bike out on Sunday for a 20k spin to ensure I feel ok riding it - went just fine. Also got my CX bike (the one on which I was hit by the car) back from the shop - all it neede was a new barrel adjuster on the RD! I slapped a monstrosity of a rear wheel on it while I wait for my new wheelset to arrive (shipped yesterday from England), and did a really enjoyable 65k ride on rail trail yesterday with my husband.

This week's goals:
Swim x 4
Bike x 4
Run x 6
Core/strength x 3

I have a sprint tri on Sunday, but since there's no way I'll really be "racing fit" I'm just going to use it as a hard workout. Will be my 1st open water swim of the year, too, so we'll have to see how this goes!

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Sounds like your physical recovery is going well - but more importantly your mental state seem great!

I hope your recovery continues on a positve trend.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? May 19 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm psyched to hear about the bike getting fixed and you feeling better! Looking forward to a race report on the sprint tri!

Keep rockin' it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by ¨ă [ In reply to ]