Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [WX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck WX, hope you make it. Either way enjoy the day.
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [tjbingha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tjbingha wrote:
This is a weird feeling, but I am actually nervous for you. I know all the work you have put into this. Good luck and execute!

Truly thanks for your comments and support. I haven't really slept well all week and cannot wait to get out of the water tomorrow. Whatever happens will happen, but it's pretty incredible the response, advice, and engagement I have felt from all y'all. I've never been part of a tri club but if ST is representative at all, it's a pretty darn amazing community. Here's to awesomeness!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go get 'em. Best of luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck. I have the Kona pipe dream as a 37 year old late covert to the sport. I'm probably gonna wait on the 40-44 AG for that one.
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [ronniewo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck to you!

~~ kate
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [macwhinb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Checked out Ironman.com to see if he had any splits yet. Noticed his name and immediately thought. "Hey Wang, what's with the pictures? It's a parking lot, come on."
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [cjbruin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xiao has a bit of time to make up after his 1:11:25 swim but didn't bury himself either.

Go Xiao!

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1:11:25 for the swim. 49th in his AG

Only about 46 people to pass now and then off to Kona.

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [lakercr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5:11 T1 doesn't help either, but it won't kill him.
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
Xiao has a bit of time to make up after his 1:11:25 swim but didn't bury himself either.

Go Xiao!

1:11 is what we thought he would swim. He was talking 1:05- 1:10 but his training paces didn't indicate that.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"1:11 is what we thought he would swim. He was talking 1:05- 1:10 but his training paces didn't indicate that."

From his April 29th post to this thread:

"Swim: can do 1000scy sets (open turns) in 16:15, so roughly a 1:38/100 pace. Will be wearing a swim skin (let's say taking 2-3sec/100 off) but also will be in an open water washing machine. Best reasonable case is 1:12 for the IM swim.

Bike: FTP of 270, weight of 63.5kg, so ftp/kg of 4.25, which I'm reasonable happy with. Unfortunately IMTX is a pretty flat course so only headline watts matter Will be riding a P2 w/ carbon wheels + wheel cover, aero road helmet, pretty aggressive position. Aiming to ride at 72-73% of FTP so ~195 watts, which I think will put me in around 4:50-4:55 with no mechanicals. (I rode Miami 70.3 in 2:25 w/ worse position, no wheel cover, and a rear tire at 70psi @ 190W)

Run: I'm in solid 2:40-low open marathon shape (long runs @ 6:30 pace, 10-mile pace runs @ 6:10 pace). So according to Daniel's VDOT table, at 75-80%FT, my IM projected time is somewhere around 3:10-3:20. "
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [gregn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregn wrote:
"1:11 is what we thought he would swim. He was talking 1:05- 1:10 but his training paces didn't indicate that."

From his April 29th post to this thread:

"Swim: can do 1000scy sets (open turns) in 16:15, so roughly a 1:38/100 pace. Will be wearing a swim skin (let's say taking 2-3sec/100 off) but also will be in an open water washing machine. Best reasonable case is 1:12 for the IM swim.

Bike: FTP of 270, weight of 63.5kg, so ftp/kg of 4.25, which I'm reasonable happy with. Unfortunately IMTX is a pretty flat course so only headline watts matter Will be riding a P2 w/ carbon wheels + wheel cover, aero road helmet, pretty aggressive position. Aiming to ride at 72-73% of FTP so ~195 watts, which I think will put me in around 4:50-4:55 with no mechanicals. (I rode Miami 70.3 in 2:25 w/ worse position, no wheel cover, and a rear tire at 70psi @ 190W)

Run: I'm in solid 2:40-low open marathon shape (long runs @ 6:30 pace, 10-mile pace runs @ 6:10 pace). So according to Daniel's VDOT table, at 75-80%FT, my IM projected time is somewhere around 3:10-3:20. "

Stand corrected, I thought he he been shooting for 2 sub 1:10.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lakercr wrote:
1:11:25 for the swim. 49th in his AG

Only about 46 people to pass now and then off to Kona.

Good luck!

If he puts down a decent bike, I fully expect him to lay down the hurt on much of the AG in the run.
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [PeteDin206] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are his bike splits. Tracker not working on mobike

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike 130 miles01:22:0621.92 mph02:38:423462962709:38:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Except the race was wetsuit legal. Everyone will have picked up a few minutes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has been great to follow. I really hope he holds up on the bike. More excited for his race than the local duathlon I'm doing tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [Asilverm1970] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's made it up to 22nd through 60 miles. It looks like he's pacing intelligently so far.

In Reply To:

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
He's made it up to 22nd through 60 miles. It looks like he's pacing intelligently so far.

In Reply To:

GO WX!!!!

Meanwhile, the Ironman website to track athletes still sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:

In Reply To:

Yeah, 21.92 and 21.83mph were his first two 30 mile splits.
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [badgertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
badgertri wrote:
sciguy wrote:

In Reply To:

Yeah, 21.92 and 21.83mph were his first two 30 mile splits.

Isn't the wind direction into their faces a bit coming back in the last 30 miles? He has passed over 300 people total, I know that doesn't mean anything really, but I am impressed. I hope you can maintain his bike and crush it on the run.
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [blueraider_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's getting to be popcorn-thirty!

Great to have a nail-biting thread in which we're rooting FOR rather than against the OP.

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [scofflaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scofflaw wrote:
It's getting to be popcorn-thirty!

Great to have a nail-biting thread in which we're rooting FOR rather than against the OP.

Agreed. I'm excited for this guy!

My triathlon training blog
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [tejanatab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GET SOME!!!! GET SOME!!!! keep pushing brother.
Quote Reply
Re: One shot at Kona - here goes! [coyote39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Updates?????

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply

Prev Next