Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Di2 cockpit cabeling [Kellermanns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you send me a close up pics of the cabelling around the cockpit?
Quote Reply
Re: Di2 cockpit cabeling [vnet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Send you a PM ...
Quote Reply
Re: Rear brake keeps getting off center [captainfranz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
captainfranz wrote:
2013 shiv expert mid compact. Love the bike so far except for the rear brake. Other than being a huge pain to adjust, I have a major issue. My rear brake keeps getting off center and ends up rubbing the wheel on one side. Bring to the shop, adjust, do one ride, it's off center again. Anybody else with this problem? Why does this keep happening and how do I fix it? If there is no other solution, I am willing to replace with a different brake that does not have this problem.

Just bought the 2014 expert, I'm wondering same thing.......perhaps something is stripped out or out of spec?

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Re: Rear brake keeps getting off center [shivermetimbers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It appears to be a common problem. If you read the replies to my original post there are a few suggestions. The most noteworthy is probably the one from Mark Cote from Specialized. I did not go that route yet.
I had a good look at the brakes this past weekend and found that they were not torqued at all since the shop last worked on them. Doubting their work more and more. After torquing they seemed slightly better.
Also, I am thinking the factory setup for the springs is way too close to the rim, especially if you switch rear wheel and the one you get is not perfectly centered. So the next step would be to disassemble the brakes and change the spring position to keep the arms a bit more opened, especially the one on the drive side which seems to be the problematic one. This procedure is pretty painful so I might attempt myself or have the shop do it.

Hope this helps!

Less power, more aero.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Columbus66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Columbus.
Here are my slides on adapting the Speed Concept draft box for the Shiv.
Added side panels to the draft box.

Used hi-strength adhesive, bond & filler to make the transition smooth.
Painted over & added 3M double adhesive to make the fit very snug.

Have Kevlar strings on the sides to tie over the seat clamp gaps for secure holding.
Stays in place and hoping it brings same aero benefit as it does the Speed Concept..

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 This is mine :-)

Last edited by: deirflu: Apr 28, 14 8:35
Quote Reply
Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Shiv owners. How do you solved rear wheel position?.

There is not just one position and you can move the wheel by 4 cm. Because of this is also impossible to center the wheel.

Please advise :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runless, I believe it is 5.1 N*m / 45 in-lbf according to the Spech book that came with the bike.

I got the new frame and the same thing happened, so it has gone back to Specialized UK.

I was told there is NO 2014 SWorks Shiv update model this year….is this true?

(I am not sure, but they gave ma another 'chocolate tea pot' (replacement bike) with the same issues as the one I sent back, so what is the point of this if the issue still remains and has not been rectified?…I was furious TBH!)

http://www.gsterb.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how much do the draft boxes cost & where can i buy them im working on my shiv currently
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jeccid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I Googled

Speed concept draft box

and came up with a host of suppliers. Looks like $50 U.S. or so will get you one.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [[SK]peter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There should be allen bolts inside the horizontal dropout to centre the wheel
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ibohunt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone know where i can get a seatpost clamp mechanism that will fit 7x9 carbon rails? (i have the aluminum rail version)
Quote Reply
Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey there,

I really have a problem removing the old brake bolts from the fork to mount the magura adapter. And I am afraid to use too much force. Do they use some threadlocker and you have to heat it up? Anyone else had trouble removing them?

btw it is a 2012 shiv expert.

Thanks in advance.
MCF
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [odin99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
odin99 wrote:
anyone know where i can get a seatpost clamp mechanism that will fit 7x9 carbon rails? (i have the aluminum rail version)

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/ftb/road-components/road-seat-postscollars/anodized-clamp-79mm

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MCF76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just pulled the bolts off my Shiv. There was probably something on the bolts to hold them and had to use a fair amount of force and a 12" wrench, but no heat.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [neilridley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
neilridley wrote:
There should be allen bolts inside the horizontal dropout to centre the wheel

thx a lot! :) really I found the bolts in the box received with the bike :)

works perfectly
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark-

any help with the seatpost warranty question I PM'd you about? Let me know, thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Fuquani] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Shiv X, getting prelim fitting......

Rappstar wrote:
Last edited by: shivermetimbers: May 7, 14 12:39
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [shivermetimbers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Rappstar wrote:
Last edited by: shivermetimbers: May 8, 14 16:59
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mile2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Can you tell me where you got the frame template? I'd like to muck around with a customized frame design but can't find a blank template, but you've apparently solved that problem.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [FlyingBee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just traced a side profile picture I found online. Let em see if I can create a template for you real quick.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mile2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be really great. Cheers :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [FlyingBee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a rough template....let me know if that works for you. You can always retrace or add the section if you don't want the crank showing...

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [shivermetimbers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks good man. I recently purchased a discounted 2013 Shiv Expert - mostly to save money but also because I wasn't sure I liked the paint scheme on the 2014 based on the pics on the Specialized website. I've yet to see a 2014 in person, but seeing an actual pic of yours, I think it looks pretty good. I like how it breaks up the lines of the frame - doesn't look so bloated. The Shiv isn't my favorite frame design, but man it is a more comfortable ride for me especially for long distance races.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Jkintn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Yeah my first 30 mile ride I was holding 20 mph steady and it felt great......I do like how the paint job breaks up the thickness on the down tube. So far so good, very fast, very comfortable!

Rappstar wrote:
Quote Reply

Prev Next