Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Marathon Monday How was your week?
Quote | Reply
Hope nad and other ST'ers are having a great day.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Monday How was your week? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recovery is...recovery. I have noooo energy so following doctors orders to elevate 55min/hour is a piece of cake.

Hoping everyone else also had a good week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run x 5: WIN
Swim x 4: FAIL - 1 only. Elected to take Tues off completely, pool closed due to fouling Thurs, then all closed Sun. Oh well.
Bike x 2: If you count riding around my block to make sure tire clearance is ok with the new rack on my commuter mtb, then WIN. If not, FAIL with 1.
Core/strength x 4: WIN

I'm getting over the cold. Much better Sunday than Friday, though I let myself get chilled riding my motorcycle yesterday and feel a bit worse this morning. We were riding on some of the roads I'll be running on Sunday and I got kicked in the gut by pre-race nerves like I haven't felt in ages upon seeing signs saying "Marathon route Apr 27/14".

This week's goals:
Run x 5 incl Waterloo Marathon on Sunday
Swim x 1
Bike x 1
Core/strength x 2
Foam roll/stretch x 2

Everything easy and/or optional. Biggest thing is just to get lots of rest & feel as good as possible for Sunday.

I don't know if I like my odds on this.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Great week was great! 1 800m swim, 1 1000 m swim, 1 2 mi run, 1 5k pr, all topped off with a relaxing Easter to wallow in my soreness. I also splurged on new swimsuits and new running gear that will arrive by end of week - my favorite way to stay motivated!

Today I fly back to SJ for work, but the hotel has a decent looking pool and is near my old trail, so my goal is 2 runs and 1 swim while I'm there. I don't think my work hours will be insane, so I want to be good about maintaining my consistency. We have another 5k race next Saturday and I'd like to put out solid effort.

Yay for an American winning Boston for the first time since 1983 - it was a great race to watch!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was good. Got in everything I wanted.

This week. Marathon on Saturday. Be ready and make sure energy is up and all systems go. I'm of course worrying. When is one suppose to feel 'amazing'? It has been since 2008 since I last did a marathon.
So, I'm just being a worry wart, checking the weather and hoping I suddenly feel amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Monday How was your week? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
best wishes to you and mistressk !!!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Monday How was your week? [katcycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you get your surgery? How did it go? Did I miss the report?

Today I learned JenSW knows here womens run history--she was first to correct the "first American since '83" to win Boston myth.

Got slammed at work. Another week off track. This week I really, really am going to get all 7 challenge days done.

Also, had my best week since the back went south again in December. Although I wasn't able to workout much, had the most pain free days in row in a long, long time.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: Apr 22, 14 12:59
Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Monday How was your week? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Today I learned JenSW knows here womens run history--she was first to correct the "first American since '83" to win Boston myth.

spill! Jen!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week
same as last week, actually. 20k swim close-ish; 6 days and 16,000 yds , buy bike shoes nope, take a day off from running nope.

So the hard thing for me about a day off from running is that (a) it is a big part of my routine and (b) it is one of the best ways to clear my head. I do work so much better when I run first thing. I am trying to think of new ways to get that head-space, so that it will be easier to take a day off. This morning at least I only ran 4.5 miles (even running shorter but running everyday would be ok. My goal here is to get the total mileage down). I am trying to run a bit less / swim more so I can do an 11 mile swim race here (Portland Bridges Swim) in July. I also am running a 10k this weekend (Saturday) and want rested legs. Some of the lots of running last week was related to eating issues... had two days where I felt like I ate too much and running is kinda my go-to for burning off what my mind terms extra calories. On the other hand, I managed to enjoy easter candy w/o any guilt, and that felt good. Am actually bummed I am already out of malted milk balls.

On a different note, watching Boston (on my laptop) was AWESOME yesterday... love seeing the runners, the Boston scenery, and what a day ... American win and a women's course record. I was really, really hyper about that all day.

M - 5 mi run + 3600 yd swim
T - 9.5 mi run* + 2400 yd swim
W - 10 mi run + 2000 yd swim
T - 8 mi run + 1500 yd swim
F - 8 mi run + 3200 yd swim
S - 7 mi run + 3300 yd swim
S - 8 mi run + 50 min. stair master

* 3 x 1 mi @ 6:40 pace

Totals 16,000 yd swim + 55.5 mi run + 50 min stairmaster + 1.5 mi walking (w/u and c/d from running)

Goals for this week
buy bike shoes. Really.
Swim 20k, with one swim 6k (priority is the long swim workout over the 20k total)
keep mileage under 45 for the week! and run fast on Saturday (I'm going to define "fast" here as faster than I did on this course last year, will have to dig up the actual time).

This is a super busy week for me at school... maths test Friday, advisor needs things from me, bleh.

Quote Reply
Re: Marathon Monday How was your week? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
Did you get your surgery? How did it go? Did I miss the report?

I did! Feeling much better mentally now that it's all over. I really appreciate all of your guys' help in keeping me from going further off the deep end.

I was told surgery went well - things were a little more fubar than anticipated, but there was still enough to repair as planned and none of my worst fears were realized. They sent me home with a nerve block that helped a lot with pain through the first few days. I'm pretty exhausted, but not too uncomfortable as long as I don't try and move, and am just SO excited to be on the healing side of this.

Thanks for asking. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did my 6000 yd swim this morning :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just saw this. Thanks for thinking of me. You're amazing.
Quote Reply