Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
How was your week? April 14 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope all the womens are well.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Apr 14, 14 9:13
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 14 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week
- swim 20k no, "only" 15 k yards but not wildly worried about it
- day off from running nope but one of the runs was kind of short
- hip and shoulder exercises 2x nope
- purchase new bike shoes nope but did ride the bike twice, in run shoes... which worked surprisingly well with eggbeater pedals
Should be a fun week; advisor is away at a conference so I am in charge*!!!! had a good week
*all this actually means is I have his office key, but it is still fun to say.

Didn't meet any of the goals, but am at one month and 5 days w/o bingeing :D so I am very pleased with that.

M - 8 mi run + 2000 yd swim
T - 8 mi run + 1200 yd swim
W - 8 mi run + 2000 yd swim
T - 7.5 mi run + 3600 yd swim + 6 mi bike commute
F - 7.5 mi run + 2500 yd swim + 12 mi bike commute
S - 10.5 mi run
S - 5.5 mi run + 4000 yd swim

Totals: 15,300 yd swim + 18 mi bike + 55 mi run

goals for this week
same as last week, actually. 20k swim, buy bike shoes, take a day off from running.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week - not bad. Got in all scheduled runs. Saturday's run was VERY WARM compared to what we've been used to. I was pleased I didn't slow down, and maintained the same average pace (roughly) that I had been doing for my long runs... I really pushed the last mile and was pleased with how that went too. Only got in 1 bike ride. Sad Sad Sad.
One of the days it was because I didn't get home from work until 8pm. The other day it was because I went and visited a friend and her new baby and they don't live close by.
Swam once.

The 8pm work night was because we have a clinic for amputees. I saw several people RUN for the first time with their prosthesis. I also learned the mechanics/drills/techniques to help make running happen for someone. So that was really super cool.

Just under two weeks to the marathon. I feel good. Main goal of the taper will be to not "pack on the lbs" .... I will continue using myfitnesspal to assist.

I had a wacky race dream this past week. I dreamed I crossed the finish line (which was down a set of concrete stairs and weaving through trees) and didn't meet my goal time, and then I realized I forgot to run with the pace group. But I did have fun in the dream. LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job on the eating!!!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 14 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
The 8pm work night was because we have a clinic for amputees. I saw several people RUN for the first time with their prosthesis. I also learned the mechanics/drills/techniques to help make running happen for someone. So that was really super cool.

That sounds amazing.

Best wishes for your taper. It is normal to gain 3-4 pounds; as you replenish your glycogen stores, each g of CHO stored is packed in with 4g of water (or something like that). The net results for most people is 3-4 pounds up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that would be fine if I had lost lbs while training but I didn't. LOL.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run x 6 for 70k total: WIN
Swim x 3: WIN with 4
Bike x 1: WIN though it was really short
Core/strength x 4: WIN
Everything except running is easy and/or optional.

I'm sick as a dog, but I got my last long run (36k in unaccustomed warmth) done on Saturday and finished the 70k hellweek. Have 2 weeks to get rid of this horrible headcold, taper and acclimatize to warmer temps - also hoping not to pack on pounds. All I want to do is sleep, but am at work today because the bloody government didn't send out the forms I need to do stuff for clients on time; they finally arrived today, and are due tomorrow. I am trying not to fall asleep in a puddle of snot at my desk.

This week's goals:
Run x 5
Swim x 4
Bike x 2
Core/strength x 4

If I can ever stop dribbling and sneezing..

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Finally settled down in Utah - joined a gym (just for the pool), set up our pain room (including buying a treadmill), and signed up for 2 sprint triathlons over the next two months, as well as 3 footraces.

Slow week easing back into a regular cadence - 2 swims (.5 mi each) and 2 runs (40 min each). Adjusting to working out at altitude is a hot mess - we're a mile up.

This week's goals: 3 runs (including the women's 5k Pink race), 1 bike, 2 swims.

I missed y'all ^_^

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 14 Edition [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HI!!!!
Where are you in Utah? My brother lives in SLC.
What type of treadmill? I can't wait until I have my own house with own treadmill and own washer and dryer. LOL.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Draper - halfway between SLC and Provo. You're welcome to visit anytime - we have a dedicated guest room. It's hilarious how much more space we can afford vs. CA, for less rent.

The treadmill is a fancy-pants Nordictrack. We didn't attach the tv part to it because we mounted a tv on the wall in front of it, but it has all kinds of neat features like "run through Hawaii" where it auto-adjusts the grade as it displays a neat video of a famous road, interjected with facts/history. I just love that it doesn't rattle like the crummy ones at the gym.

Since we were moving from an apt to a house (though still renting) we had to get a washer and dryer too. I can't sing enough praises for the LG models we got - high efficiency, front loading, super fast... it makes doing our 20 lbs of fitness gear a week far less daunting, and rather than buzzing at the end of the cycle, it sings a weird carousel-like tune.

Having those in house is especially awesome since I work from home now (though flying back to San Jose occasionally) so I can fit things in between meetings.

Weird thing the first time I went to the gym to swim - it's a small indoor pool, 25 meters and 3 lanes. This old guy sitting in the hot tub at the end saw me setting out my quarters and putting on cap and goggles and asked if I was doing laps. I told him yes... When I finished, he announced "You were doing about 73 seconds per lap" quite proudly. I wasn't sure whether to thank him or be kinda creeped out that he'd watched me the entire time...

We have mountain bike trails LITERALLY out the back of our house and see dozens of cyclists every day on our street - I don't envy them the 8% grade.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 14 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I am trying not to fall asleep in a puddle of snot at my desk.
That's quite an image Ms.K. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Mixed week for me. Hoping to make this week better.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 14 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
determination wrote:
Last week - not bad. Got in all scheduled runs. Saturday's run was VERY WARM compared to what we've been used to. I was pleased I didn't slow down, and maintained the same average pace (roughly) that I had been doing for my long runs... I really pushed the last mile and was pleased with how that went too. Only got in 1 bike ride. Sad Sad Sad.
One of the days it was because I didn't get home from work until 8pm. The other day it was because I went and visited a friend and her new baby and they don't live close by.
Swam once.

Just under two weeks to the marathon. I feel good. Main goal of the taper will be to not "pack on the lbs" .... I will continue using myfitnesspal to assist.

I had a wacky race dream this past week. I dreamed I crossed the finish line (which was down a set of concrete stairs and weaving through trees) and didn't meet my goal time, and then I realized I forgot to run with the pace group. But I did have fun in the dream. LOL

Very cool on the amputee clinic.
What marathon? And I always plan on losing weight, and it never happens so don't feel bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice week TC

I didn't do anything first 3 days of this week. Recovery from fall. Super bruised and scraped, but all healable. Couldn't swim all week due to open wounds and really sore shoulder so that sucked.

I have Boston on Monday, so plan some easy / steady days early this week, and taper over weekend. Boston will be for fun. Not running for time. I heard there's going to be double the number of spectators as normal. That amazes me. It's going to be a 26 mile long celebration of how strong people can be. Please send positive vibes toward Boston - all the spectators, volunteers, organizers and runners - on Monday.

Happy training everyone.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 14 Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Illinois marathon. I'm at a good weight for me right now, so I'm just trying to stay there. I wasn't trying to lose. Now that it's taper time I just want to maintain, and not gain. Left to my own devices, I'll always overeat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My surgery is tomorrow. Please send good vibes!

:-O
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 14 Edition [katcycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope it all goes well, they fix what needs fixing & you have a reasonable recovery. After my friend had knee surgery she said she read the same Maclean's magazine for a week - and it was new everytime! I think she had some good drugs...
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 14 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
I hope it all goes well, they fix what needs fixing & you have a reasonable recovery. After my friend had knee surgery she said she read the same Maclean's magazine for a week - and it was new everytime! I think she had some good drugs...

HA! I can totally see that happening.

The other advice I've received is, "no online shopping." Better log out from amazon so I don't have a ton of mystery boxes show up on Friday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good vibes sent your way. Let us know how it goes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A HUGE CONGRATS on the eating!

Give yourself a big, big pat on the back and a huge hug from all the womens for a job well done! It's like training, take it one day at a time and all of a sudden the days add and it becomes a good habit!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sending so many good vibes you won't know what to do with them all.

Check in when you are on pain meds. That should be fun :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 14 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tri3 - I think I'm through the worst of it. Still napping every spare minute (I'm a master at sleeping in my car) and making horribly unpleasant noises at times, but anything is better than a Monday filled with a headcold, cramps (great timing, Mother Nature), sore legs from the long run on Saturday and some really queasy discomfort from the big toenail that I'm almost assured I'm going to lose.

Lots of positive thoughts being sent to katcycle for surgery success and quick recovery!

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I hope surgery goes well!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sending good vibes right now. Let us know how it goes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sending good vibes and speedy healing!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 14 Edition [gogogo!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gogogo! wrote:
sending good vibes and speedy healing!

DITTO!!!! Hope all goes well and you get some good pain killers.
Quote Reply

Prev Next