Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Skin protection from desert sun?
Quote | Reply
As a "melanin blessed" woman, I've never had problems with the sun, except for the hirrific sunrash and sunburn combo I got in Hawaii and Jamaica. Last year I moved out tipo the desert, developed horrific skin problems....dryness, prickly itching, hyperpigmentation, and bumps. I tried sunscreen, Eucerin lotions, and aloe vera.

A new training season has arrived, and I'd like to avoid this misery. Any suggestions.
Quote Reply
Re: Skin protection from desert sun? [dukolbe!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SPF 70-100. Now that I'm older, I am clearly seeing the age spots and wrinkles from decades of sun exposure. It's more work, but it's worth it to slow down the inevitable signs of aging staring back at you in the mirror.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Skin protection from desert sun? [dukolbe!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anthelios by La Roche Posay is the best stuff anyone could ever buy. It is thick and expensive but worth the money.

Quote | Reply
I use sunscreen, but would really rather just cover myself and not allow the sun in at all. I have cooling sleeves that block sun, and always wear a top that covers my shoulders. Obviously a hat when running, and then sunscreen on exposed areas. I usually use kid sunscreen - cause that's what's around my house, always 50 or above.
Quote Reply